Relic time and those that destory it. . . New command or action suggestion. . .

It seems the mold of Mid, has found it's way back into Alb and is causing more problems. Don't get me wrong, we don't blame Mid, but we were hoping you would keep him. We thought we had all the sludge and filth cleaned up but we were wrong. The drama is unreal with this individual. I've posted another post about Shedpump ( I'll give you 1 guess ) taking control of the relic we got at DC. You can read it there.

This discussion is about the /BG's that typically put the effort in to get the relics. I think this would benefit all of us, especially those that make the effort and get the relics back and help to prevent from individuals from hijacking the relics. This has become a common battle we face across the realms. We need to have a better way of controlling this.

I'm suggesting a command like /bg relicrequest. This command would only become active when a relic is taken from another realms control, but the bg leader would be the only one that could execute the command. Now this would have to be an area of effect command, not just in the /bg, because some people might not be in the bg, hoping to simply hijack the relic. A message would go out to the /bg members asking if the relic should be controlled by the bg leader, and if 20 people agree to this then the relic is removed from the inventory of who currently has it, and it's put in the /bg leader's inventory. This is just one option.

Maybe the option of removing it and placing it into someone else's inventory is not the best way, but how about if after the 20 people agree, the relic drops to the floor, and only the /bg leader can pick it up for 30 seconds.

Or, if a bg is present, and a relic is taken back or from another realm, only the /bg leader can pick it up for the first 30 seconds. If this was done, you would have to pick from the largest /bg present. This would prevent someone simply starting up a 2 person bg for the function of hijacking the relic. After those 30 seconds, the relic is open to all. Make it 10 seconds for that matter. Make it so that only a leader of the bg, since you can have multiple co-leaders, have the ability to pick it up for those 10 seconds.

I see many ways of doing this, open for suggestions on others. Personally it's just sad that you have to go to this level because some have decide to hijack the relic and all the efforts of the realm go down the drain. I've done plenty of relic takes across all my toons, and had several hijacked for no reason. But I think it's time we put a stop to it, and come up with a way that the /bg's can control when a relic is taken, and who has the control of it.

Again, I know a lot more thought has to go into this, and I'd be happy to help out with the discussion.

Constructive comments are always welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• Would be interesting if they could make the relic become loot, when the keep lord/relic captain dies the relic goes to the BG leader, there is no picking up the relic. This would create other issues, more BGs etc. Perhaps the BG leader who's BG does the most damage gets the relic.
  • I am sorry you have to deal with it now.

I agree with you that something needs to be done. I would think maybe something like master loot BG loot rules could be applied. So only the leader of the BG could pick up the relic and then hand it to whomever they so choose. But I also see flaws and complications in that choice as well.

Realistically all they would need to do is punish the person who is griefing the BG/group that is taking the relic. If that BG leader wants to carry it you should have to respect that choice. If you don't want to respect their choice then leave and don't partake in their relic raid.. it's simple.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Taking relics is hard, thankless and a boring but someone has to do it sabotaging an effort is against TOS and shouldn't be tolerated. I hope you all /appealed him. FYI here is the "mold'

Post edited by Amadeus on
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Taking relics is hard, thankless and a boring but someone has to do it sabotaging an effort is against TOS and shouldn't be tolerated. I hope you all /appealed him. FYI here is the "mold'

All you need to do is save the links of his YouTube videos of him outlandishly calling people obscene names (stuff I obviously cannot even type here) and send it to the right people in the district. I guarantee there would be a spotlight on him.
    Post edited by Amadeus on
  • Whilst they are some nice ideas Rescu, I've also come across this multiple times during my playtime where a group of 8 takes a relic without a battlegroup and have had in ninja'd and returned to different realms each time.

The 20 count you suggested would not work on that instance.

It just a shame that there really hasnt been much relic action for alongtime and just a few ppl undermine the whole process. Good on you guys for doing BG Objectives and not looping EV all night.
  • Why code in a change to how relics have been taken for the past 17+ years, when you can perma ban 1 person and save yourself the trouble? The answer is clear.
  • I highly suggest BS make his banning a public announcement as well. I know it is not what they normally do, but at this point people are losing faith in their ability to control their own game. Making a public announcement of a perma ban across any current or future accounts for this person who might be currently having a nervous breakdown or something of the sorts, would go a long way in showing the player population that BS actually does care and takes appropriate action.

It’s fairly obvious there is something more sinister going on that mere trolling. Someone willing to go through the effort and then sit for hours just to piss people off is bordering on sociopathic behavior. We all know his real life occupation and I feel sorry for the children in Texas if he acts anywhere remotely close to his in game persona.
  • Auberne wrote: »
    Why code in a change to how relics have been taken for the past 17+ years, when you can perma ban 1 person and save yourself the trouble? The answer is clear.

Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • How is this shedpump guy able to pick up the relic over the entire BG ?
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Auberne wrote: »
    Why code in a change to how relics have been taken for the past 17+ years, when you can perma ban 1 person and save yourself the trouble? The answer is clear.

Nothing prevents that person from making new accounts and continuing to be a source of annoyance. While the player and all accounts connected to his master should be banned for repeated harassing, that does nothing to guard against future occurrences. I feel making the relic loot attributed to the lord is a safer bet. This way it becomes loot of the group that does the most damage to the lord similar to other encounters. With a smaller player population I would think it's harder to get 7 others to go along with a plot to intentionally ruin the experience of others. Now true, finding those 7 others or running a macro team could be a way around this but I believe it's at least a step in the right direction.
  • I think the 2 hour timer to place it should be done away with.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• So you can afk for 6 hours?
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    So you can afk for 6 hours?

Please keep the topic on discussion. Thanks
    HERORIUS

• Pretty on topic
    Pretty on topic

Sorry it's not. I don't know what afk for 6 hours means. Please this is the official forums- stay on topic.
    HERORIUS

• Make your BG's Private and if someone not in your BG takes relic go do something else. They will get bored eventually.
  • Relics usually take time and are the cap off of a night that’s usually lower in rps, but at least something to show for the end of the night. Unfortunately just looking the other way isn’t really a viable option. The cancer needs to be eradicated, and only BS has the power and responsibility to rid the game of such things. It should not be up to the masses to give up their play time and do something else because of one person exploiting the mechanics of the game to get his revenge on a company he feels unjustly banned him
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Pretty on topic

Sorry it's not. I don't know what afk for 6 hours means. Please this is the official forums- stay on topic.

@Carol_Broadsword @Amadeus

Can we do something about this blatant passive aggressive behavior of attacking actual paying customers over forums? The guy just came off a ban, and is still pursing this destructive behavior.. Come on guys, enough is enough. How many people will it take to un-sub because of an unhealthy environment that is being created by someone?
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Pretty on topic

Actually the idea or concern is on topic. The idea that "whomever" decides to engage in childish and quite pathetic actions by holding onto a relic could then do so indefinitely is a terrible prospect. I don't think the relic timer should be removed, I continue to advocate for the idea that the relic becomes loot associated with the housing Keep Lord.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Pretty on topic

Actually the idea or concern is on topic. The idea that "whomever" decides to engage in childish and quite pathetic actions by holding onto a relic could then do so indefinitely is a terrible prospect. I don't think the relic timer should be removed, I continue to advocate for the idea that the relic becomes loot associated with the housing Keep Lord.

I would like to see a no timer on the relic placement. It would make things more interesting.
    HERORIUS

Sovereign wrote: »
    Pretty on topic

I would like to see a no timer on the relic placement. It would make things more interesting.

No it wouldn't for the reason I clearly stated that you choose to ignore which is the meat of the subject of the thread.
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Pretty on topic

No it wouldn't for the reason I clearly stated that you choose to ignore which is the meat of the subject of the thread.

Sure it would. But I appreciate your opinion.
    HERORIUS

Simply saying it would doesn't constitute a meaningful rebuttal. I suspect you know that and are just attempting to remain in the conversation without providing any meaningful dialogue. If you decide to provide us with a well thought-out explanation for your stance I'd be delighted to lend it an ear/eye. Until then, I leave you to your own devices.

Simply saying it would doesn't constitute a meaningful rebuttal. I suspect you know that and are just attempting to remain in the conversation without providing any meaningful dialogue. If you decide to provide us with a well thought-out explanation for your stance I'd be delighted to lend it an ear/eye. Until then, I leave you to your own devices.

A no timer on a relic would bring much delight to RvR. To take ones relic around on EV would stimulate great action. I can only imagine the fun Herorius would have during Euro time running around with Thors hammer on EV.

The relic in the hands of the enemy should be a weapon that does massive damage. Like double the damage and that you fear the person holding it. This would create great action.
    HERORIUS

• I also think the person holding the relic should seem themselves glow.
    They need to be reminded that the light shines brightly on them.
    HERORIUS

• @Sovereign don't feed the troll.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Is this how an Assistance Vice Principle acts in Texas?
  • I heard it was an honorary masters degree bestowed upon him. Something about a horrible pogo stick accident on campus which led to permanent loss of function to his decision making ability.
    The general topic here is an actual discussion on a game mechanic, however we've reminded people before to keep discussions on topic and not derail threads. So, please get back on topic and stop derailing actual discussion threads.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • The general topic here is an actual discussion on a game mechanic, however we've reminded people before to keep discussions on topic and not derail threads. So, please get back on topic and stop derailing actual discussion threads.

I agree my Masters Degree has nothing to do with this.
    HERORIUS

• Seems like this forum is only usable between certain people's absence, see you later guys.
  • It’s not always about you. I was referring to someone else’s masters degree
    It’s not always about you. I was referring to someone else’s masters degree

Again, it's not about someones education or lack of. We are discussing a game mechanic- stay on topic.
    HERORIUS

• The game mechanic be exploited by someone who obviously has some serious issues. Hence, it is related to the topic.
    The game mechanic be exploited by someone who obviously has some serious issues. Hence, it is related to the topic.

A individuals Master's Degree does not factor into the game mechanics that this post is about. Again, stay on topic.
    HERORIUS

This discussion has been closed.