Poll : Visual effect on charge

Almost all the active RAs and abilities have a visual effect, either a short one or for the full duration. Why should a strong ability like charge be different ?

I know it was more than 2 years ago but it was mentioned in the Devcast Summary - May 19th 2016 :
Visual Effect Changes 1.122 and Beyond
• Working on more and better effects on some abilities including charge, mez, etc.
  1. Charge should have23 votes
    1. no visual effect
      17.39%
    2. a short duration visual effect
      21.74%
    3. a visual effect for the full duration
      60.87%

Comments

• Would like Static Tempest to be bright : BLUE, RED or GREEN
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Actually this shouldn't be too difficult and not visually obnoxious. You could take the crescendo spell effect that covers the feet and utilize that for the full duration that charge is active (I would think).
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Would like Static Tempest to be bright : BLUE, RED or GREEN

Aye some stronger color shading for the appropriate realms would definitely be appreciated regarding ST display.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Small effect for the full duration of charge. I envision some light effect on each side of the player model about knee high with a little up and down movement to them. Enough to catch notice of but not overwhelming.

I’d agree with better color-coding of ST’s too. I know they currently have a different hue but it must be subtle or maybe my display color scheme or minor green/blue color blindness that prevents me. Whatever it is I can’t tell them apart for the life of me as they are now.
    Post edited by Gaven on
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Would like Static Tempest to be bright : BLUE, RED or GREEN

there is a colour 'hint' on the st's, but it could be more pronounced, yes.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • does charge need a visual effect ? there's a LOT of combat speed boost effects and it seems to me that none of them have a visual effect.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • No just like the Shaman shell didn't need to have a continual visual effect. But people want to be bottle fed instead of learning timers and such.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Muylae wrote: »
    does charge need a visual effect ? there's a LOT of combat speed boost effects and it seems to me that none of them have a visual effect.

gotta agree with this there are lots of abilities that do not have a visual effect that are very powerful but I wouldn't be opposed to a quick animation that lets people know you activated it in the beginning and leave it up to their ability to time out the "10 seconds" thereafter.
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • things like sos and crescendo also don't seem to have a visual clue on the characters.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    does charge need a visual effect ? there's a LOT of combat speed boost effects and it seems to me that none of them have a visual effect.

The Eldritch rr5 has a short graphic attached to it. I wish it was longer as many have accused people of speed hacking because they couldn't see it.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »

The Eldritch rr5 has a short graphic attached to it. I wish it was longer as many have accused people of speed hacking because they couldn't see it.

haha, yes, i wonder over the years, how many eldritches have been reported for speedhacking :D

and then again, to me the eldritch speed boost is visual as it seems to warp them ahead, which unfortunately is also seen in speed hacks.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    things like sos and crescendo also don't seem to have a visual clue on the characters.

Both SOS and Crescendo have a short duration but very visible visual effect, as well as Forest Phantom (archers speed).