Would you rather?

This comes up in so many threads now. What is the consensus? Is it more fun to fight and fail, or not fight and never fail? Risk vs reward.
  1. What would you rather do if numbers are close or your realm is outnumbered for rvr?50 votes
    1. Camp a keep or km, or run circles. Potentially for hours with minimal return (rps/fun)
        8.00%
    2. Take a chance of running into greater numbers or a disadvantage, but with possible huge returns.
      84.00%
    3. Log off
        4.00%
    4. Switch realms to join the larger bg
        0.00%
    5. Go play in a battleground
        4.00%

Comments

• Poll is asking an answer to 2 totally different situations.

Numbers being close and then being outnumbered.

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Poll is asking an answer to 2 totally different situations.

no its asking what you would rather do regardless of numbers. reading comprehension is a great thing.

Sure. 80 mid OR 80 hibs and 75 albs. Thats "close" or outnumbered
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Armarnidi wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »

no its asking what you would rather do regardless of numbers. reading comprehension is a great thing.

I'm not sure of your educational background.

Here is the question:

What would you rather do if numbers are close or your realm is outnumbered for rvr?

If the numbers are close- I'll take a chance - Option 2 and roam openfield

If realm is outnumbered by a good amount- I'll camp or log off- Option 1 or 3

Poll itself is flawed trying to condense an answer to 2 totally different things.

Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

I'm not gonna recreate the question for minimal numbers...

close or outnumbered... they can be the same... 85 vs 90 is close and/or outnumbered

I pointed it out in my reply to you. IM not talking about 50 v 70 or 50 v 100... The bg's are "typically" pretty close. IF they are excessively one sided, then that takes care of itself.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Poll is poorly worded
    HERORIUS

• Typical response from a bg player.

I'd rather fight 1v3 or 8v16 that not fight at all.

Don't really do Zergs - but if i did i'd be happy to fight 50v70 no problems provided superior tactics and strategy were used.
  • Nate is the tactical master so that should settle that.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Nate is the tactical master so that should settle that.

Hence the 90% win rate
    HERORIUS

Poll is poorly worded

While it may be, you're the only one who is having an issue with the wording. Pretty sure the concept was understood.
    Poll is poorly worded

While it may be, you're the only one who is having an issue with the wording. Pretty sure the concept was understood.

It's an educational thing... don't worry about it.
    HERORIUS

Sleepwell wrote: »
    Nate is the tactical master so that should settle that.

Hence the 90% win rate

You're probably closer to 100%. When there are only 2 fights in a 3 hour span per night and you win both.... I've mentioned before, ive been on both sides.. .alb side claiming the 90% victory and bored out of my skull, and mid side waiting for something to fight bored out of my skull.

You know who wins? BS. Somehow they are smart enough to continue to sucker me into paying for a game that more time is spent camping and "playing fantasy football" than actually engaging.
    Poll is poorly worded

Bingo. You alone make up the 7% who didnt understand my poll. If the poll grows we will see if the % grows. I have a feeling you'll spin it though... 93% are wrong and you're right.
    Poll is poorly worded

Bingo. You alone make up the 7% who didnt understand my poll. If the poll grows we will see if the % grows. I have a feeling you'll spin it though... 93% are wrong and you're right.

I would think most people even with a high school diploma would say this poll is poorly written.
    Knowledge is power.
    HERORIUS

• I'll blame my educational system. I think my teacher or superintendent spent an inordinate amount of time gaming or blogging while he should have been teaching me or supervising my teacher.. Dang educators :wink:
    I'll blame my educational system. I think my teacher or superintendent spent an inordinate amount of time gaming or blogging while he should have been teaching me or supervising my teacher.. Dang educators :wink:

That's what too many people do. It's a community effort no doubt- but research shows what having a stable and involved mom/dad involved will do. Life isn't fair :(
    HERORIUS

• I know.. .wish i could make 100k a year gaming or talking about it on forums. Que sera sera.
    I know.. .wish i could make 100k a year gaming or talking about it on forums. Que sera sera.

You are who you are. Be proud and move forward :)
    HERORIUS

Anyway.. thanks for the debate Nate. Can say im a bit surprised at the poll so far. I figured at least some would be in the flipping realms portion.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Guess we will see how it grows.
    Anyway.. thanks for the debate Nate. Can say im a bit surprised at the poll so far. I figured at least some would be in the flipping realms portion.

Poll should be deleted as it doesn't make sense.
    HERORIUS

• Interesting, 15 votes so far and 100% went for option #2, I'm gonna gently point bg leaders to this, one in particular ;)
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Definitely run around and risk it. That is what always made this game fun to me. Don't understand the hiding and wilsoning that just about everyone seems to try and do. Its a game you wont die IRL ;)
  • Smeger is not hitting bold defended
    HERORIUS

• Xyorman is not hitting bold defended
    HERORIUS

• Interesting, 15 votes so far and 100% went for option #2, I'm gonna gently point bg leaders to this, one in particular ;)

Some BG leaders could also take a risk and actually attack a defended keep too, rather than run around and break ports by taking empty towers. It goes both ways.

The risk shouldn't always be on the other realm to take.

Time to make a poll: Would you rather:

A ) run around taking empty keeps /towers.
    B ) Attack a camped keep/tower
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Interesting, 15 votes so far and 100% went for option #2, I'm gonna gently point bg leaders to this, one in particular ;)

Some BG leaders could also take a risk and actually attack a defended keep too, rather than run around and break ports by taking empty towers. It goes both ways.

C) Kill everything in sight.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • For Zerg:

If disadvantage is at 1.0x to 1.5x I’d take my chances and hope for tactics and skill to overcome the disadvantage. If disadvantage passes that, go craft :smiley:

For 8 man:

If disadvantage is at 1.0x to 2x I’d take my chances and hope for tactics and skill (well, of my group mates, I’m working on this) to overcome the disadvantage. If the disadvantage passes that, go craft or find the Alb bg.

For small man/solo

If disadvantage is 1.0x to full group I’d take my chances and hope for tactics or skill to overcome the disadvantage. If the disadvantage passes that, find another area to buzz.

I still believe it is on a bg leader to push the attack on keeps if they have 1.25x or more numbers. To be clear, I’m saying this to ANY realm before certain individuals start pulling the “well your realm leader” whining again.
    Poll should be deleted as it doesn't make sense.

By that rationale so should 90% of your posts.
    This comes up in so many threads now. What is the consensus? Is it more fun to fight and fail, or not fight and never fail? Risk vs reward.

the whole thing is 'if numbers are close or if you are outnumbered". poll is flawed.

that's basically two things that require two different polls, so i didn't answer the poll.

a) if numbers are close, just got for it.

b) if outnumbered, play more defensive, like remain in the area of a tower on EV that you control so your healers have some measure of defense and try to get a fight around the milegate.

but camping a keep, unless you know that the enemy targets that keep... no
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Poll is poorly worded

no it was not. for once i'm totally with nate. what's this world coming to ? the end is neigh. ;D
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Poll is poorly worded

make a new poll and add the option 'poll is flawed'; :D

evidence in game shows that people DO flip realms.
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Interesting, 15 votes so far and 100% went for option #2, I'm gonna gently point bg leaders to this, one in particular ;)

that's also a flawed question.

i think it's always the 'responsibility' of the larger bg to go offensive and take risk. you risk nothing by losing an offensive siege while the outnumbered realm has more to lose. if you have the numbers and you lose a siege, you might lose a few people. if you are outnumbered and lose a defensive siege and you lose numbers, you might not be able to defend the next siege anymore.
    There is no reason to take a camp keep. The only reason to take a keep is to have a port in another realms land or to cut a port in your home land. Relics taking is useless in the current state of the game. If someone wants a keep fight it would be best to camp and defend a keep in the enemies land not your own unless it is the center keep and you are so badly outnumber and fear losing a relic which is mainly only a issue when Hero is running.
    Post edited by Grot on
  • Grot wrote: »
    There is no reason to take a camp keep. Aside from being a sure fire way to generate action. But we will not do this, we will try and bait the enemies into attacking us in the open field or in keeps/towers we are defending. But we will absolutely NOT hit a defended keep, even if it's in our land and we have the numbers advantage.

Corrected the post for you.

There is no reason to take a camp keep. Aside from being a sure fire way to generate action. But we will not do this, we will try and bait the enemies into attacking us in the open field or in keeps/towers we are defending. But we will absolutely NOT hit a defended keep, even if it's in our land and we have the numbers advantage.

Corrected the post for you.

That behavior is not limited to a single realm or even a single BG leader. Every BG leader has at one point in time chosen to not hit a defended/camped keep se let's not pretend it's exclusive to any one person/realm.
  • If people would listen, follow the ma, then hitting a camped keep would be fine. . There is however, no point when half the bg decides to do something else (chase squirrels, lord only knows what else) and leaves the other half to get blown to smithereens. That is not what I call fun. But, to each their own.
    There is no strategy in taking a camp keep that you most likely can not take except giving the defenders massive RP and dying a lot. Whith out a reason to take a keep why should you. Like I said earlier there are very few reason in the current game to take keeps. It seems more easier to defend a keep with a smaller force now than before and the defender with equal number will 90% of the time win. I have better things to do than donate RP attacking a keep which gives you no advantages to the game.
    Post edited by Grot on
  • the poll spoke and nate quit
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • the poll spoke and nate quit

:D
    There is no strategy in taking a camp keep that you most likely can not take except giving the defenders massive RP and dying a lot. Whith out a reason to take a keep why should you. Like I said earlier there are very few reason in the current game to take keeps. It seems more easier to defend a keep with a smaller force now than before and the defender with equal number will 90% of the time win. I have better things to do than donate RP attacking a keep which gives you no advantages to the game.

Still get RPs for attempting to take a keep, even if you lose. Not saying I would hit a keep when defenders have 50+ and I have maybe 16, but I have lit keeps to bring people out.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Something that would help is if the keeps were all equal in terms of way to breech the walls. As it is, some keeps still only have one option other than ST's to enter a keep. IMO all keeps should have a variety of collapsible walls as well as a postern to gain access to the court yard.
  • 6.82% no wonder alb nation always felt outnumbered.

• tald wrote: »
    6.82% no wonder alb nation always felt outnumbered.

The only stats I find plausible in that poll are the percentages to 3 & 5.
  • "Switch realms to join the larger bg" staying at 0 made me laugh.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Something that would help is if the keeps were all equal in terms of way to breech the walls. As it is, some keeps still only have one option other than ST's to enter a keep. IMO all keeps should have a variety of collapsible walls as well as a postern to gain access to the court yard.

i agree.
  • Nunki wrote: »
    "Switch realms to join the larger bg" staying at 0 made me laugh.

Yeah, the percentage of that number factually being 0 is also... 0.
  • wud u rather post a silly poll than actually go fight bad guys.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I’d rather hit 50 with 8 and take some of them sobs with me.
    Post edited by Brut on