Realm Loyalty Suggestion

We've all suggested bonuses and realm timers, and BS said it was No Bueno. But what if we charge two different subscription fees? One fee is $9.99 and you are locked into playing one realm only and as an incentive you also get 25% bonus to realm points and maybe 100 mithril per month as a gift. Then for 14.99 per month you can to play any realm you want but you don't get any bonus at all.
  1. Would you play one realm if you were rewarded with a lower subscription fee?12 votes
    1. Yes
      58.33%
    2. No
      41.67%

Comments

• Let's say that there are two subscriptions at 14.99. Let's say that BS does not want to lower their subscription. And we know that they also don't want to impose realm timers on anyone. But lets just say that the player base is willing to be loyal to one realm if they are rewarded for it. There are some people who just don't play any other realm. Call one subscription Daoc Premium for 14.99 and with it you forgo playing other realms but you get a 25% rp bonus and 100 mithiril per month as an incentive. While you have another subscription called Daoc Free Choice for 14.99. And you basically can play whatever realm you want but there is no bonus. I don't see what would be wrong with this model especially if the player base wants to freely give something up to gain in rewards.
  • I voted no, but not because I didn't like your idea. I only voted no because I do like to switch up realms on occasion. I think your idea is good. I have also suggested in the past that they put in higher discounts for longer subscriptions. So if you buy a year sub it should be a big reduction in price rather than the current model which is reduced but not by much. Harder to quit a game if its already paid for.
  • Well, lets say your subscription is on the 1st of the month and you choose the 1 realm option; you'd have to wait until the 25th of the month to change your subscription to the No realm timer or else change realms to another realm you want to be loyal towards. In this way you could keep your rewards for sticking it out the whole time. If on the 10th of the month you decide, for example, that you want to switch realms, you could change packages to the one with no realm timers but then you'd forfeit your bonus and gift and you couldn't switch back to "One Realm" package for a whole month and since the 10th of the next month your subscription is not due, you'd have to actually wait until the 25th of that next month again to switch realm packages. I think if people want to voluntarily give up there ability to play other realms simply because they don't play any other realms that you should reward them for that loyalty. I think a lot of people would be incentivized by choosing one realm especially if the subscription was lower due to the fact you have limited content, one realm.
  • It has been the same price for 16 years, I voted no, because they will never change the price...for anything, f2p or $15, those are the options.
  • i think a rp realm loyalty bonus given for only logging one realm in rvr for a week then up it for month etc...
  • Just for the record, I would love to see some type of realm loyalty bonus. I just don't know how feesabile the mentioned ideas above are possible, and I don't have any better suggestions.

Maybe if they could use some of the same coding as the free levels, and make it chck sum if the account has logged into another realm in the last week and then any char on that realm on that account can visit the mithril merch and get a free pot equal to the Aurulite pots? Account bound? Or its avail to the account, but only purchasable by 1 char and then non tradable? <shurg> just an idea to elaborate with..

Also, it would be nice, at this stage in the games life, to see more thing account bound than char bound. 16 years for loyal subs, I think hero is the only person that doesn't play alt's. I know of 10 people that have multiple R11+'s and several with multiple R12's. Would be nice to see something that I could work towards when my char's have that rank...

I'm negative on Fridays, and positive on monday's, trying to legitimatly be helpful.
  • The system discussed above seems complicated. All they need to do is institute some realm loyalty bonus and tie it to the account earning 1 RP. This way it eliminates all the objections about looking to see where your friends are, checking CMs, participating in PVE raids, etc. As soon as the account earns 1 realm point, the timer begins or resets depending on the "realm loyalty" previously shown.
  • Hmmm? Realm loyalty. How about player loyalty? Have you checked YOUR /played, lately? With that and a buck you can get a cup of coffee.
    Consider: /title
    Really? Wow! What a return on my investment!
  • There should be a bonus. Even if its like 5% on coin, xp, rps!