Pet classes and ra5 ranger

edited June 8 in General Board
Hello ! we can adjust this game ! :smile:

@John_Broadsword

Please change ra5 ranger to old abilities,

only hibernia have that, it's unfair, one click and you kill a caster pet.

Thank you
Post edited by krakulf on
Tagged:

Comments

  • Hi BS,

    Please make sure that every single class, on every single realm, is exactly the same, so the only differences are races, but they should all get the exact same starting stats.

    All other alternatives are unfair.

    kthx
  • The ranger rr5 already debuffs melee speed. I think that the pet thing is over the top. It nullifies the hunter pet.
  • I’m on board with either give Ranger back the old rr5 or remove the ability to turn on owner + kill pets. Lore wise it makes zero sense that it has that ability AND also aoe radius debuffs casting and melee combat speed.

    For the record I have every Archer class and my Ranger is the highest RR. New f2p players will be getting crushed in stealth by the Ranger.
  • ACtually they should take the pet turn on owner part and give it to wardens, so that warden's R5 is not just a ML2 ability...
  • edited June 8 PM
    Shoke wrote: »
    ACtually they should take the pet turn on owner part and give it to wardens, so that warden's R5 is not just a ML2 ability...

    edit
    Nvm even the Camelot Herald website has the wrong information listed... warden RR5 kinda sucks now.. confirmed. I thought it was still double dmg and spreadheal the group for the extra or w/e it used to be.
    Post edited by Calconious on
  • krakulf wrote: »
    Hello ! we can adjust this game ! :smile:

    @John_Broadsword

    Please change ra5 ranger to old abilities,

    only hibernia have that, it's unfair, one click and you kill a caster pet.

    Thank you

    No, just take away hunter pet. Give them dual wield like ranger or shield like scout. I mean, that would make everything "fair". Oh wait, then you would have to give scouts and rangers free 2 handers. Too much work, leave it alone.
  • The ranger rr5 is stupid, esp when you consider that I have to use spec pts to have a pet, and the rr5 turns my own spec points against me.
  • how does it work on bg pets :)
  • edited June 8 PM
    In response to the original post..... No.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • No logic here. No reason why a rr5 should remove a complete spec line.

    Play a sin atm and rangers seem fotm. Remedy can remove my spec line, I feel they should remove IP from all stealth classes for balance purposes.
  • Duration 1 min, reuse 5 min... l2p issue @BackOfRackhams
  • edited June 12 PM
    No reason why a rr5 should remove a complete spec line.

    Charge negates all CC for a short while, hence it negates whole spec lines. A long mez or other forms of crowd control negates my whole spec in mele/bow for a short time. You play a sin for god's sake, with your debuffs/mez's/poisons/vanish you are going to complain about rangers? Sins are WAY more powerful overall than rangers. The only reason sin's think rangers are so op'd is because rangers match up well against sin's.

    Listen to yourself... Not only do you think they should remove RR5 from ranger, but you also want remedy removed AND all IP from stealthers. Bias much? I play a pretty damn solid ranger and I can say that many assassins that are not morons can beat me just fine.

    This is just typical, "My class got beat by this guy so the class needs to be nerf'd," bull crap. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Not to derail but Hunter rr5 is good vs Scout rr5
  • As a player that plays multiple pet classes, I'm fine with the ranger RR5. It's quite easily countered as most pets are easily killed or cc'd once they turn against their former masters. Rangers should keep remedy as assassin classes are plenty powerful enough and seem to be more annoyed that they actually have to contend with another stealth class rather than just two shot it. Assassin classes are not meant to easily kill every single class in the game, let alone the class billed as the anti-assassin.

    Given the history of assassins, it comes as no surprise that even while they are arguably in one of the best states they have been in, they still want more.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited June 13 PM
    I agree 100% @Sovereign. About the only class I have not seen be able to manage the ranger RR5 is the bd. I'm sure some well played bd's could manage but I haven't seen one yet live through the RR5. Many hunters, sm's, amd cabbys have done great about finding ways to break los/cc and then get out new pets. I have seen many clever ways people have found to mitigate the effectiveness of the ranger RR5.

    I won't try and rate all the ranged stealthers RR5's @Fateboi but I will say all the ranged stealthers RR5's are nice in the right situation. I would say ranger/hunter gets the edge over scout only because they are less situational.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • exactly the bonedancer class is dead with this ranger ra5.

    you can log on midgard and you see very few bonedancer.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    No reason why a rr5 should remove a complete spec line.

    Charge negates all CC for a short while, hence it negates whole spec lines. A long mez or other forms of crowd control negates my whole spec in mele/bow for a short time. You play a sin for god's sake, with your debuffs/mez's/poisons/vanish you are going to complain about rangers? Sins are WAY more powerful overall than rangers. The only reason sin's think rangers are so op'd is because rangers match up well against sin's.

    Listen to yourself... Not only do you think they should remove RR5 from ranger, but you also want remedy removed AND all IP from stealthers. Bias much? I play a pretty damn solid ranger and I can say that many assassins that are not morons can beat me just fine.

    This is just typical, "My class got beat by this guy so the class needs to be nerf'd," bull crap. Nothing more and nothing less.

    That's amazing, when I play my ranger I have lost to 1 sin in 20, when play my hunter I run the same numbers. The only tactic a sin can offer is mezz posion and run, you tried running from a kite class? even then 90% rangers and hunters just hide out the remedy. Played daoc since beta and for years there was a fine balancing act in its own stealth vs stealth sub war, just simply stating that this has gone too far in the direction of rangers an hunters.

    I also stand by my statement, some classes are defined by a pet class, you know I can live with warlord bellowing cry etc and pet scares, the ability was only given to rangers because they whined so much about hunters, and in fair ness hunters pet needs looking at. I don't agree with the method.
  • If you have played through beta than you know up until the first revamp of frontier with new ra's that ranged stealthers were complete garbage in stealther wars. I believe that is the balance you are looking for @BackOfRackhams. I too can have a great run vs sins if I fight a bunch of low RR's that don't play their class well. Saying you can kill 20 with only dying once isn't saying much if you don't say who you are killing.
  • edited June 17 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    The ranger rr5 is stupid, esp when you consider that I have to use spec pts to have a pet, and the rr5 turns my own spec points against me.

    and how long did that pet completely lock down archer's from shooting, and slowing archers and assasins permantely so they can never touch you with melee, 17 years has it been now ? ;p

    now 1 class can some what counter it for a bit ? oh how terrible how do you go on ! ;p

    love you just saying ;p
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Doesn't really matter. BS doesn't listen and these types of threads are totally ignored. Waste of time to argue any points. BS has killed the sniper....rip sniper stealther.
  • I have all three archers. I have played both sides of this. Hunters are mad that their tool to keep another archer from using their bow has been negated. They now have to actually fight or kite like the other two archers. Try this.......when you hit a ranger, don't pop out the dog. If an archer shoots you and it's a hib, don't pop out the dog. If you are on a pet caster, run with pets on passive. If a ranger hits you then use quick cast or moc, don't send the pets. I spent a couple hours in molvik today. Every time a hunter jumped someone they summoned pet as soon as their first shot was off. Bad habits start early and are hard to correct later.
  • Kat wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter. BS doesn't listen and these types of threads are totally ignored. Waste of time to argue any points. BS has killed the sniper....rip sniper stealther.

    Please don't make statements such as this. We do listen and read everything.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Agreed @Badnagen 100%! It didn't take long for many players to adjust to the ranger RR5.
  • edited June 18 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter. BS doesn't listen and these types of threads are totally ignored. Waste of time to argue any points. BS has killed the sniper....rip sniper stealther.

    Please don't make statements such as this.

    remember kat we must only praise supreme leader ! :p
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited June 18 PM
    You can listen and read, but that isn't very comforting is it? When people doubt the ability of the company to steward the game, knowing that they're listening and reading isn't very comforting.

    Call your local politician, they'd listen and read plenty too. See how far that gets you.

    Actual action/back and forth dialogue > Listening and reading
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    I have all three archers. I have played both sides of this. Hunters are mad that their tool to keep another archer from using their bow has been negated. They now have to actually fight or kite like the other two archers. Try this.......when you hit a ranger, don't pop out the dog. If an archer shoots you and it's a hib, don't pop out the dog. If you are on a pet caster, run with pets on passive. If a ranger hits you then use quick cast or moc, don't send the pets. I spent a couple hours in molvik today. Every time a hunter jumped someone they summoned pet as soon as their first shot was off. Bad habits start early and are hard to correct later.

    Can you tell me what other rr5 turns spec points against someone?
  • edited June 18 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    Badnagen wrote: »
    I have all three archers. I have played both sides of this. Hunters are mad that their tool to keep another archer from using their bow has been negated. They now have to actually fight or kite like the other two archers. Try this.......when you hit a ranger, don't pop out the dog. If an archer shoots you and it's a hib, don't pop out the dog. If you are on a pet caster, run with pets on passive. If a ranger hits you then use quick cast or moc, don't send the pets. I spent a couple hours in molvik today. Every time a hunter jumped someone they summoned pet as soon as their first shot was off. Bad habits start early and are hard to correct later.

    Can you tell me what other rr5 turns spec points against someone?

    In general, most of these abilities are designed to mitigate something another class does.

    You rely on CC to keep me in melee range? Eldritch is just going to pop Arms Reach and haul ass away.

    Burst damage? Warrior is going to use Tetsudo.

    Ranged DPS? Eat a Nearsight from a Scout.

    Want to use a spec CC spell on that Cabalist pet beating you up? Oops, RR5. No CC for you.

    ... see a pattern here?

    I mean, a few times when I've seen you around and other Hunters I'll struggle to kill the dog only to have it re-summoned seemingly instantaneously. Everybody gets the shaft at some point. That's how the game has always been. Rocks, paper, scissors, and trying to figure out how to mitigate and work around the abilities your opponent has to wreck your day.

    I've actually seen some Hunters use the RR5 ability fairly well in a few situations myself. It's not the most useless thing ever, even if it isn't ideal, that's for sure.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • edited June 18 PM
    To add too @Budikah, oh that zerk/bm/merc is coming at me I should cc him, nope he has Charge up every 1.5 minutes along with purge. Not that these are all RR5's, but almost every class has a class with a skill/ra/ability to counter it.

    For the record, I will admit that hunters got hit hard with the nerf hammer, but only because they were performing so well previously. They needed to get knocked down a bit, although I wish they had put changes in a little slower and gauge how it effected the class overall instead of dropping 3-4 major changes on them in such a short amount of time.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • I like the mention of a ability negating a spec line, just think how all the sins felt when they gave archers remedy.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Badnagen wrote: »
    I have all three archers. I have played both sides of this. Hunters are mad that their tool to keep another archer from using their bow has been negated. They now have to actually fight or kite like the other two archers. Try this.......when you hit a ranger, don't pop out the dog. If an archer shoots you and it's a hib, don't pop out the dog. If you are on a pet caster, run with pets on passive. If a ranger hits you then use quick cast or moc, don't send the pets. I spent a couple hours in molvik today. Every time a hunter jumped someone they summoned pet as soon as their first shot was off. Bad habits start early and are hard to correct later.

    Can you tell me what other rr5 turns spec points against someone?

    In general, most of these abilities are designed to mitigate something another class does.

    You rely on CC to keep me in melee range? Eldritch is just going to pop Arms Reach and haul ass away.

    Burst damage? Warrior is going to use Tetsudo.

    Ranged DPS? Eat a Nearsight from a Scout.

    Want to use a spec CC spell on that Cabalist pet beating you up? Oops, RR5. No CC for you.

    ... see a pattern here?

    I mean, a few times when I've seen you around and other Hunters I'll struggle to kill the dog only to have it re-summoned seemingly instantaneously. Everybody gets the shaft at some point. That's how the game has always been. Rocks, paper, scissors, and trying to figure out how to mitigate and work around the abilities your opponent has to wreck your day.

    I've actually seen some Hunters use the RR5 ability fairly well in a few situations myself. It's not the most useless thing ever, even if it isn't ideal, that's for sure.

    .........and what about ML's? Presience node negates stealth. Speed warp negates speed (use to be spec), ML vs ML - zephyr negates phase shift. Every ability in the game has stuff it tops and stuff that will top it.
  • Creaper wrote: »
    I like the mention of a ability negating a spec line, just think how all the sins felt when they gave archers remedy.

    And Blur negates root and snare, so what?



    Keep in mind that this is DAoC and abilities that negate other abilities were in this game since release and balancing was never about single classes.

    If you want a game with exactly mirrored classes and abilities have a look at ESO, and even that isn`t balanced.
    Is it that what you want? Boring as f.....
  • @Stoertebecker I’m pretty sure Creaper was commenting on how hypocrite @Kat comment was considering she’s an archer with free remedy.
  • Champion rr5 ftw ;)

  • KatKat
    edited June 19 PM
    Shoke wrote: »
    @Stoertebecker I’m pretty sure Creaper was commenting on how hypocrite @Kat comment was considering she’s an archer with free remedy.

    I have actually said many times that I would be fine with remedy changing, for a rr5 that is actually useful for a sniper/bc hunter. Good job on making assumptions.... /clap

    btw...none of those examples are even close.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited June 20 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    Badnagen wrote: »
    I have all three archers. I have played both sides of this. Hunters are mad that their tool to keep another archer from using their bow has been negated. They now have to actually fight or kite like the other two archers. Try this.......when you hit a ranger, don't pop out the dog. If an archer shoots you and it's a hib, don't pop out the dog. If you are on a pet caster, run with pets on passive. If a ranger hits you then use quick cast or moc, don't send the pets. I spent a couple hours in molvik today. Every time a hunter jumped someone they summoned pet as soon as their first shot was off. Bad habits start early and are hard to correct later.

    Can you tell me what other rr5 turns spec points against someone?

    Your argument holds no water, there are tons of abilities that negate a spec line for a short duration, it's not just limited to RR5's but if you want to go that way the menty RR5 negates many spec lines as you can no longer target the caster, the skald RR5 negates all CC, the runey RR5 negates melee damage, the warrior RR5 doesn't completely negate damage but for all intensive purposes it pretty much almost does. Fundamentally, the argument that an ability shouldn't exist because it limits or negates another ability/spec is really quite ludicrous. By that rationale your ability to summon a pet and interrupt any ranged abilities is a hinderance to any ranged caster and therefore should not exist. See how stupid this logic you are employing really is when applied to any other situation? Just face it, you are being overdramatic because you have to actually employ thought and just a tad more effort to kill a ranger than 90% of your other targets.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Not even close. I already posted this comment.
Sign In or Register to comment.