Concerning a Solo Cave Shaman

I would have posted this in the Midgard Healer forum but it hasn't seen a post in 3 years. I've been out of the game a while, I understand I need to work on updating my template and such but I was wondering, with the full buff BP potion, is it viable for a Shaman to be able to solo decent?
My Shaman is RR7 - what kind of experience should I expect trying to solo as a Cave Shaman and what would be the correct cave spec to spec? I mean with full BP Buff Pots, couldn't I go 50 Cave? Just looking for insight.

Comments

• and does a website exist where I can find updated templates?
  • edited June 18 PM
    RPGrandPa wrote: »
    I would have posted this in the Midgard Healer forum but it hasn't seen a post in 3 years. I've been out of the game a while, I understand I need to work on updating my template and such but I was wondering, with the full buff BP potion, is it viable for a Shaman to be able to solo decent?
    My Shaman is RR7 - what kind of experience should I expect trying to solo as a Cave Shaman and what would be the correct cave spec to spec? I mean with full BP Buff Pots, couldn't I go 50 Cave? Just looking for insight.

I don't know the exact spec, but a cave specced kobold is quite dangerous as a solo player - particularly past rr 5. They have good damage and some nice escape tools. You might try looking through postcount's old DAoC forum, there were many templates posted there, a good number of which are still relevant today.,

I do know quite a few solo Shamen like the Curse set, Dopple Hammer and the slime covered ring from templates I've helped other with.
    Post edited by Northerncross_G on
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • You know what the current DEX cap is for Shamans?
  • edited June 19 PM
    In region around 5:00 PM central time, ask for Oomzer in region chat - he's much more mechanically in-the-know than I am. My info is fifteen years out of date, and I find he is much more "current year" on the nitty-gritty.

I have very different priorities when setting up templates than most players.
    Post edited by Northerncross_G on
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.