Friday Grab Bag - 08/06/2021

An early morning Grab Bag for you today :)

Today's Grab Bag includes a look at tentative plans for the next Caledonia event coming August 30th!

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use ourfeedback form.

Continue reading for the questions :)

Is there anything you can spec in to increase the damage of focus shields, int/mom, etc?
No, focus damage shields (and normal damage shields and damage adds) are simply a calculation of the damage shield’s delve amount, the damage dealt to the target or pet, and then normal spell variance. Damage shields and damage adds are one of the rare abilities where, other than unlocking higher delve versions, increasing ones specialization and +skill stats does not increase their overall damage or reduce damage variance either.

The Chanters Underhill Zealot is supposedly supposed to have "increased range" on its spells. Unless I missed something it's casting at what seems to be 1500 range and has no additional range compared to the level 1 Companion pet. Is there something I missed?
Good catch! The underhill zealot’s range is correctly 1500 and the information delve has been updated. The main benefit of the underhill zealot is that its damage-over-time ability interrupts each tick.

When getting kills in rvr at keep fights, sometimes I get a solo kill, a siege kill, one or the other or sometimes both. i.e. I poured oil and killed three people on a low level keep, I got the deathblows for all three and fairly certain they were all full health as guards had been dead a while and there weren't many defenders. I got one solo kill and one siege kill for the three. Can you define how these types are kills are awarded for the daily/weekly quests?
For the solo daily and weekly quests, only “solo” kills award credit. Solo kills are defined as follows:

-The player earning the solo kill is ungrouped and otherwise receives no help during the kill (heals from other players, etc.)
-The player earning the solo kill does equal to or greater than 80% of the damage to the enemy player who is killed.
-The enemy player who is killed must be worth full realm points.

That’s it! The deathblow is not actually needed so long as the player did equal to or greater than 80% of the damage.

For the siege-oriented daily and weekly quests:

-All kills must be on targets that are within the named regions of each keep.
-The keep must be actively under siege (flames on the /realmwar map)
-You or your group must have dealt 80% of the damage to the enemy player who is killed.
-The enemy player who is killed must be worth full realm points.

From the example given, the only thing that could have prevented both solo and siege credit on 2 of the 3 kills was that those 2 targets were recently killed and not worth full realm points. The 3rd kill properly granted both solo and siege kill credit!

I was told Snatcher does not give you the 6% bonus to all realm points earned and ALSO 7% bonus to all bounty points earned. Is this true ?
After some investigation we were not able to find a scenario where the bonuses were intended to work and weren’t given. Remember, Endless Conquest (Free) accounts don’t receive realm and bounty point bonuses other than those bought at the Mithril shop. There are also some quest rewards that are setup to award a set value of RPs and BPs and ignore all bonuses (including Mithril shop ones). Under normal circumstances and assuming a Veteran (subscribed) account, the Snatcher artifact’s RP and BP bonuses do apply correctly!

Are there any changes planned to Caledonia coming in August or what can we expect?
For the most part, we’ll have a very similar setup to the last event but with a few changes to help make things a bit more streamlined. We are planning on starting out characters at level 10 to help the event ramp up into the higher levels faster. This will also give an extra day to play as level 50!

We are also still looking into more ways to achieve better realm balance in the event and will likely look at offering higher initial character levels to lower populated realms if there is any severe disparity!

Enjoy the weekend all :)

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged: