Friday Grab Bag - 04/16/2021

Welcome to this week's Grab Bag!

Don't forget to face down the bunny by April 27th!

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use our feedback form.

Continue reading for the questions :)

Does myth DPS from skull of the soulkeeper (for example) increase the dmg from melee necromancer?

Yes, mythical DPS stats increase melee Necromancer damage.

Can you please confirm if Esbjorn and Enar still spawn in Oceanus Notos?

Hmm, the only NPCs named Esbjorn or Enar are redcaps found in Midgard Shrouded Isles’ zone Modernagrav. These two, along with the named redcaps Erland and Evert do still have an extremely rare chance to spawn as outlined below.

Get your pen and paper out…

Killing skadedjurs anywhere in Modernagrav will cause a ‘Named’ fengarus (Xothra, Zanguirus, or Yigan) to spawn around 48100 16400 in the zone. There’s a small chance that killing the skadedjurs will only spawn a normal fengarus so be sure to clear those out too!

When a ‘Named’ fengarus is killed, it has a chance to spawn 1 of the 4 ‘Named’ redcaps (Esbjorn, Enar, Erland, or Evert) at the redcap camp (1 spawns at each crystal cluster). It also has a chance to spawn normal redcap bestigars so these will need to be cleared out if a named does not spawn and the process begun again!

Lastly, when a ‘Named’ redcap is killed there is a chance a ‘Named’ reanimated howler (Yngve, Ingvar, or Ingegard) is spawned around 34,500 34,500 in the zone with a small chance that a normal reanimated howler is spawned instead.

Par for the course, if any of the ‘Named’ mobs in this chain (or their normal mob placeholders) are already spawned anywhere in the zone, they will need to be cleared out first before killing a skadedjur will cause the first mob in the chain to spawn.

Happy hunting!

I'm very tight on inventory space these days, mainly due to items that aren't tradeable which means I can't dump them in my house vaults.  Needless to say, this doesn't mesh well with my OCD.  Are there any sources of personal storage that I'm overlooking?  The only ones I know of are personal vault and mount saddlebags.

Great game, thanks for all you guys do!

The personal Vault keepers and your mount’s saddlebags are the only direct areas to store *most* non-tradable items currently. For non-tradable mounts specifically, there is a Royal Stablemaster in each capital city (or a portable one can be purchased at the Mithril MTX Shop) that will store those items for you so that they are not taking up inventory space.

We hope to introduce additional features like the Royal Stablemaster for other categories of non-tradable items in the future!

In response to a previous Grab Bag question about scripting and multiboxing (here), is the following scenario legal: In NF, a player has a bot on a separate computer that is spamming heals using a pre-recorded automated sequence of keystokes (for example over 30 seconds) while they play another character on another computer. Where is the line drawn for having multiple characters in NF?

No, this would not be legal. Any playing of multiple characters by the same person via scripts is not allowed in New Frontiers or RvR Battleground zones. Normal “dual-logging” of accounts is perfectly fine so long as their actions are in no-way automated while they are both being played.

I'm having a really hard time finding BP merchants for all the crafting components I need for level 51 recipes.  Can you list all of the BP merchants and their locations?  Right now, I can't find the merchant that sells ToA crafting components and all Google searches lead to Sage Gilda, who only accepts glass--a currency I can't obtain.

• ToA Legendary Weapon components

• These be obtained with bounty points by purchasing Doppelganger Shards at Garett, Mirren, or Breagh’s <Bounty Master> store in each realm’s relic town.

• Doppelganger shards have a chance to drop reforming energies which can be used to receive these components from their respective TOA encounters at the trogo zontanos mageia NPCs in TOA zones.

• These are also purchasable in Housing with gold or with Atlantean Glass in the Hall of Heroes.

• Glass can still be obtained via trades with other players or converted from other old alternate currencies at the Alternate Currency Conversion NPC in each realm’s capital.

• Please note that the Orb of Entropy and Pound of Flesh legendary weapon components are not sold anywhere and must be farmed via Otherworlds encounters.

• Rare Alchemy components

• Garett, Mirren, or Breagh’s <Bounty Master> store in each realm’s relic town

• Perfected Armor patterns

• Otherworldly Ore

• Garett, Mirren, or Breagh’s <Bounty Master> store in each realm’s relic towns

• Otherworldly Essence

• These can only be obtained by gathering them in Otherworlds or Frontier zones.

• Bountycraft recipes and molds:

• Broken Dragonsworn Armor and Weapons

• Currently only purchasable with Dragon Scales in each realm’s capital or with gold in Housing.

• Similar to Glass, Scales can still be obtained via trades with other players or converted from other old alternate currencies at the Alternate Currency Conversion NPC in each realm’s capital.

• The Dragonsworn Armor and Weapons can also still be directly farmed by killing dragonsworn mobs at their camps in the dragon zones.

Thanks everyone! 

Have a great weekend :)

Tagged: