Progression Server

I wasn't able to find any new information on the topic myself, but I was just curious if there was any official information or anything still being discussed about a progression server, that is or was coming. Also, the event was alright to begin with, but not having it broken up into level tiers is terrible.

Comments

• More info is coming "very soon", but time works a little different on planet Broadsword so who knows when that is.

7 weeks ago they said this:
    Lastly, and most importantly, our work continues on the alternate, "classic" ruleset server and we look forward to sharing our plans with you very soon!

1 year and 3 months ago they said this:
    In the first quarter next year we’ll be continuing our response to Endless Conquest feedback as well as delivering numerous bug fixes and some other goodies in the form of a 1.127 update.

Afterward, our alternate server proposal will then be our major developmental focus. Our original proposal of a subscription-only ‘Classic + Shrouded Isles + Housing’ server that advances (vote-based) through DAoC’s subsequent content is still the plan. We’ll be sharing the details of that server’s ruleset, like which Frontier it will use and what other changes will be involved with it, as we get through 1.127! Depending on how this alternate server goes, we will be launching subsequent versions (perhaps with some fun variations) with a more forced progression.

With that said, Ywain will continue to be the primary long-term focus as we view it as THE game. With Endless Conquest and the ability to play for free we’ve seen a great number of returning and new players out exploring our beloved world and more importantly, endlessly battling each other in the Frontier and battlegrounds!

While alternate servers may seem like a shift away from Ywain in the short term, in the long term they will be another boon to the game as a whole and to Ywain. New and returning players alike will have a chance to start fresh on the new servers, learn or re-learn the game, gain realm rank and eventually transfer over to Ywain with their established characters, which will continue to grow Ywain’s population over time. In addition to the momentum from Endless Conquest and this future momentum from these alternate servers, we are also in the midst of an investigation into bringing DAoC onto Steam! 2020 is going to be a great year for Dark Age of Camelot and with these plans coming to fruition, there will be many more ahead!
  • I am thinking about coming back to the game after a long break (10+ years). I've found a couple of videos from the past year that talk about the new classic server being offered on Steam?

• edited March 2021 PM
    Lastly, and most importantly, our work continues on the alternate, "classic" ruleset server and we look forward to sharing our plans with you very soon!

....gives me flashbacks....
    Post edited by Dreadone on
  • Azdak wrote: »
    I am thinking about coming back to the game after a long break (10+ years). I've found a couple of videos from the past year that talk about the new classic server being offered on Steam?
    Steam and the new server are not directly related. Hopefully, Broadsword will share some plans about the new server soon, but we only have very vague information about their plans to get DAoC on Steam. We don't know how long it will take, or what is stopping/delaying the process. This is from last summer:
    Previously there was a push to get DAOC on Steam. It was Greenlit by Steam but never progressed because of the EA - Origin - Steam dynamic at the time. It appears that EA is now again allowing their games on Steam. Any chance that DAOC will be allowed on Steam? Are there any discussions with EA to do so?

Yes, this is still under discussion. We are still working towards getting Dark Age of Camelot onto Steam as soon as possible!