Feedback

Broadsword,

Bottom Line
You had five people that were legit interested on moving back to live. This event was botched and our experience was negative.

Why I came Back:
Came back for the night, due to this event that was supposedly like the other server's event. Played for two hour.

History
So, long time DAoC player. My DAoC history started in 2001 and was consistent until 2007. From there I played off and on until another server came out and I've been there for two years.

My Experience
*This event is a big waste of time. My group and I spent the first hour trying to get to level 2. After we got to level 4, we spend the next hour killing greys without any armor.
*Our group got split up in-between levels.
*Once we got to level 10 we got ported into the zone and only found people that were level 24. The 5 of us could not kill a solo.

We all know that you guys look at the other server; you can see their stats and the amount of people that play on it--particularly the stats with the event. All you legit had to do was copy and paste their idea for success, and sprinkle in the ToA/Cata/DR/Labby stuff on the top.

Conclusion
Maybe y'all will make a classic server. I think it would be dope. But that's a promise that's surprisingly older than Camelot Unchained announcement.

Comments

• As a long time player (started 2003, consistent until 2008, sporadic until two years ago or so), I'm afraid this event will kill what little is left of live action. To be fair... I'm assuming it's a hail mary, hoping that those who level new alts will be out in the frontiers which will revitalize live RvR.

The question is how many regulars who were already on their last leg will be lost when the /who nf for alb is all of 6 (granted, at 1:45 AM EST on a Sunday night haha)
  • @illike I don't see it that way. It's true most people who play NF have been doing the event, but its refreshing. It definitely is a little bit of a grind, especially if you have multiple toons you are trying to keep up on in Caledonia each night.

But I don't see why things won't go back to normal, or better even, after this event ends.

It's a little wonky and there are defintely things to improve on next time around, but it's been fun
  • I'm guessing he thinks this is permanent, because once it's over everyone will be back zerging in NF and stuck to Hero
  • I'm afraid i cant share the pessimism about the level 10-20.
    I've been in mixed groups almost the whole day on Sunday and it worked very well IF (and only if) there was a mixed group involved (a few level 20s with a few level 10s). The low levels levelled quickly and within a couple of hours you had a nicely balanced group. There were only a few jacka** elitists who removed the level 10s from the group, but that's life i suppose...

However, i don't see this holding up for a 40 level difference (level 10 - level 50). I suppose we'll see this more acutely this evening when the level cap will be 30.

Since there will be no new Caledonia players after this evening, maybe boost all lower level characters to (level cap - 10) with an appropriate amount of rp and bp, so they can catch up.

Otherwise, it seems definitely fun!

Cheers!
    (Erylinde & Simyarin plus a small reserve of level 10s)