Friday Grab Bag - 09/25/2020

Welcome to another edition of the Grab Bag!

As it's almost October, and October is DAoC's birthday month, keep your eyes glued to the Herald later today for news on our anniversary celebrations! :)

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use our feedback form.

Continue reading for the questions!

I noticed that the proc effects of battlemaster styles can be resisted (power leak, essence dampen, essence shatter), what "level" is the spell associated with these styles and what is the resist rate?
All Battlemaster styles’ effects are set to level 50 and have a 10% base chance to be resisted.

Does bow condition have any impact on miss rate and/or damage? my personal tests saw no change in damage down to 96% on damage vs. dummy, but wanted a confirmed answer to both.
No, bow condition does not affect damage or miss/hit rates.

Has there been a decrease in chance to getting comprehension pots ? Since the latest patch I have seen a decrease in amount of pots I get per 100 rare potion boxes significantly.
No, this remains unchanged since the 1.125 patch that introduced the Box of Rare Potions.

In the Friday Grab Bag 03/24/2017 the last question clearly answers that damage does not increase for your DW spec line style above comp 51 base line, but is defense penetration affected by higher than comp 51 base when using spec styles?
Great question as defense penetration can be a bit more complicated to test than damage increases since so much of it relies on how the defending character is setup. Fortunately the answer is quite straightforward: going higher than composite baseline weapon specialization does not help with defense penetration at all, just as it does not help increase the damage of dual-wielding classes.

Why some pend bracers are 70 qual and others 100? Is there any difference?
A simple oversight that we will correct, thanks! There is no difference though, as item quality does not affect the performance of accessories in any way.

That's all for the Grab Bag this week, but not all from us. Stay tuned!

Enjoy the weekend all :)

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged: