Future of Gaheris

As a long time Gaheris player I have been curious what the future holds for Gaheris. I play mostly in a timezone where there have been times I'm the only player on the server (that I can tell). I know that there have been discussions around server transfers in the past. Particularly when Mordred closed and Damien was working hard to keep both alternate rule sets alive there was talk about letting ywain to gaheris and gaheris to ywain transfers. I'm someone who disagrees with this notion. I had mordred characters and I'm truly sad that that server has gone. Sure the numbers were low and at times the population was often its own worst enemy however that aspect being gone has eliminated an element of DAOC that made DAOC the game it was in its prime.

Other than pve events or content like the relic keeps can you share anything that you believe will boost Gaheris's player base or its value to the greater daoc community?

Tagged:

Comments

• If there is anything I can help with regarding Gaheris, let me know! Just keep in mind that I am no dev, so my abilities are limited. I have a very soft spot for Gaheris though so hoping for some ideas!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggo
  • In my opinion the Gaheris server should've been folded into Ywain a long time ago. However, with the Endless Conquest accounts on their way, Gaheris provides a unique opportunity. There's multiple ways free accounts can be steered to help the population of Gaheris and overall the game. It will be interesting to see if Gaheris is considered when Endless Conquest makes its debut.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • I would LOVE to see the catas open back up, put the dragon campaign somewhere else. There were many items that was farmed and needed from the catas and to have them closed is horrible! Please reopen them.
  • Maybe we can make Gaheris part of the free to play package?
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited April 28 PM
    I wouldn't see any issue allowing characters from Ywain, to transfer to Gaheris. I could talk a few people in playing, if they didn't have to level a new toon. However, I don't think it should go the other direction.

I would really like to see something done with the relics, that allowed some kind of timed bonus for the realm. I also think it would be great if you could actually take a keep, claim it and have that start some kind of encounter involving keep defense.

I played Gaheris ages ago, when there was actually some population there. I remember it being pretty fun when there were raids and more involvement. I just started playing there again a few weeks ago and have never seen more than 20 people on at once. I see a lot of potential to create some good content and generate some population on Gaheris.
    Post edited by Bionge on
  • One of the advantages of Gaheris is that the Trophies from all realms can be farmed. It is a great pity that there are no tool-tips. If you want to see the name of a trophy of your own you have to pick it up - other characters' trophies you can never see the info.
    I cannot also see any good reason that different trophies have the same appearance (eg, Barracuda & Voracious Barracuda) - even a difference in size or colour could be implemented.
    I would also like to see some way of getting the original Yar and Maldahar trophies back.
  • I would LOVE to see the catas open back up, put the dragon campaign somewhere else. There were many items that was farmed and needed from the catas and to have them closed is horrible! Please reopen them.

I would add to this the Underground Forest/ Abandoned Mines/Darkspire etc etc. Closing them was a big mistake for solo players.

• Boude wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see the catas open back up, put the dragon campaign somewhere else. There were many items that was farmed and needed from the catas and to have them closed is horrible! Please reopen them.

I would add to this the Underground Forest/ Abandoned Mines/Darkspire etc etc. Closing them was a big mistake for solo players.

If you have the ability to port there (requires a previous visit) you can still port to the little town. most of the content is still there but some is gone. I can still get to underground forest and enter darkspire, but all the npc characters and the bind stone thing are gone there.