EC changes inc?

i tried it and dident like it so i quit.Looking at the forum it tells me that most ppl dident like it. So any major changes coming to EC or is this it?

Comments

• The main goal of EC was to give past and new players alike a chance to check out the game but ultimately re-sub to get the full experience and not to be a completely free game. This is the VIP equal to many games that are F2P. I doubt any big changes will be made...........i could be wrong though
  • They said, they make changes to EC at beginning of next year. Here the last grab bag:
    Any updates on plans for next year?
    In the first quarter next year we’ll be continuing our response to Endless Conquest feedback as well as delivering numerous bug fixes and some other goodies in the form of a 1.127 update.

Afterward, our alternate server proposal will then be our major developmental focus. Our original proposal of a subscription-only ‘Classic + Shrouded Isles + Housing’ server that advances (vote-based) through DAoC’s subsequent content is still the plan. We’ll be sharing the details of that server’s ruleset, like which Frontier it will use and what other changes will be involved with it, as we get through 1.127! Depending on how this alternate server goes, we will be launching subsequent versions (perhaps with some fun variations) with a more forced progression.

With that said, Ywain will continue to be the primary long-term focus as we view it as THE game. With Endless Conquest and the ability to play for free we’ve seen a great number of returning and new players out exploring our beloved world and more importantly, endlessly battling each other in the Frontier and battlegrounds!

While alternate servers may seem like a shift away from Ywain in the short term, in the long term they will be another boon to the game as a whole and to Ywain. New and returning players alike will have a chance to start fresh on the new servers, learn or re-learn the game, gain realm rank and eventually transfer over to Ywain with their established characters, which will continue to grow Ywain’s population over time. In addition to the momentum from Endless Conquest and this future momentum from these alternate servers, we are also in the midst of an investigation into bringing DAoC onto Steam! 2020 is going to be a great year for Dark Age of Camelot and with these plans coming to fruition, there will be many more ahead!
  • edited December 2019 PM
    It's not just EC players that were given the shaft. The impact it had on RPs to playing customers was severe. This was supposed to herald a new dawn, but there are only a handful of us playing now and it's painful. I can;t downgrade my account to EC (fail) and I have to pay more £ to receive the same benefit I was before.
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • I am finding EC to be alright as long as I play a druid with at least 1 day /played.
    reason: It can buff/spec itself