Heal Bonus

Can we finally get Heal Bonus to affect all heal spells including HoTs? I can see how some of the new HoTs would need to be toned down but it's about time this bonus works across the board.

Comments

  • We should be nerfing solo stealthers not buffing them...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Thats the last thing we need. People making 25% heal temps with mov 7% HOT.
  • When I clicked on this post I thought that someone was finally going to make a discussion about how %heal bonus is stupid AF and how it needs to be nerfed. Nope I was wrong
  • I think % heal bonus should be there but it should only apply to heal classes and actual heal spells rather than charges and procs.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    ^^
    This is what I was getting at. Only heal spells would be affected not procs.
    Post edited by Kymatius on
  • you want it to affect hots.... which are already OP as it is on specific classes that have them...

    People want it to only effect heal classes, direct heal abilities... There's a difference.

    As a few pointed out... HB on solo toons currently is out of control and high def classes benefits soooo much more then others with all the new cursed gear.

    TL:DR - nerf HB to only effect actual heal spells on
  • Friars/vamps/maulers would be unkillable with 25% bonus to hots
  • Heal bonus should only apply to targeted in LOS heals. Spread heals and mindless I stand outside the keep and group heal should be reduced.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    Heal bonus should only apply to targeted in LOS heals. Spread heals and mindless I stand outside the keep and group heal should be reduced.

    I love how the solution is so simple yet it hasn't been fixed yet
  • Big issue now with gear creep is having 22%+ heal bonus in MOST solo templates with 5 out of 6 pieces of armor with a 230 heal proc on them.
  • Throw in ip gloves and I’d bet most toons nowadays could go back in time and solo old frontier groups.
  • Westies wrote: »
    Heal bonus should only apply to targeted in LOS heals. Spread heals and mindless I stand outside the keep and group heal should be reduced.
    Heal bonus isn't the issue. It's the fact that disease doesn't do anything versus spread heals. Group heals won't keep anyone up through damage especially if the target is diseased. It's the spread heal spam that keeps people up on all realms. Not just attackers. Every realm has spread healers spamming away in safety.
  • Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.
  • Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.
    ~Westies
  • Just remove heal bonus, and raise all targeted heal spells 25%
  • Westies wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.

    It's also like saying healers have access to cl weapon styles for damage. Not with the investment there either.
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    Just remove heal bonus, and raise all targeted heal spells 25%

    No cause that would make template EZer for other toys. They should just reduce the Value of NON LOS heals.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    Abattoir wrote: »
    Just remove heal bonus, and raise all targeted heal spells 25%

    No cause that would make template EZer for other toys. They should just reduce the Value of NON LOS heals.

    I can get on board with that. Not going to happen, would mean you would have to be able to code it.
  • "No cause that would make template EZer for other toys."


    And what would be the problem with that exactly?
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    "No cause that would make template EZer for other toys."


    And what would be the problem with that exactly?

    Gear creep would then present itself in a different form.
    ~Westies
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I think % heal bonus should be there but it should only apply to heal classes and actual heal spells rather than charges and procs.

    agree
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Kymatius wrote: »
    ^^
    This is what I was getting at. Only heal spells would be affected not procs.

    agree
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Friars/vamps/maulers would be unkillable with 25% bonus to hots

    agree
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Throw in ip gloves and I’d bet most toons nowadays could go back in time and solo old frontier groups.

    lol, i think i could solo fg's of old frontier groups on my savage. it's not a fair comparison.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.

    It's also like saying healers have access to cl weapon styles for damage. Not with the investment there either.

    the only time that a healer got a solo kill was with oil, or on a afk person. no healer ever got a kill on a person that fought back.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.

    It's also like saying healers have access to cl weapon styles for damage. Not with the investment there either.

    the only time that a healer got a solo kill was with oil, or on a afk person. no healer ever got a kill on a person that fought back.

  • Muylae wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.

    It's also like saying healers have access to cl weapon styles for damage. Not with the investment there either.

    the only time that a healer got a solo kill was with oil, or on a afk person. no healer ever got a kill on a person that fought back.

  • Muylae wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give clerics target disease. I say add it to a low delve smite spell.

    No. Clerics have access to this, CL lines.

    that is like saying arms have access to heal lines through CLs.. Not worth the CL investment imo ... although w/ the addition of pally resis buffs .. you might be on to something here.

    It's also like saying healers have access to cl weapon styles for damage. Not with the investment there either.

    the only time that a healer got a solo kill was with oil, or on a afk person. no healer ever got a kill on a person that fought back.

  • JakJak
    edited August 2018 PM
    1st video is from Jan 2015
    2nd video is from 2008
    Last video is classic/si servers, published in 2015 (and it looks like old frontiers map, but hard to see)

    How is this remotely relevant to game play today? A solo healer may be viable if you have the patience of a saint, but even the most seasoned and well played healer is going to have a very hard time running solo.

    You have anything new to show us?
    Post edited by Jak on
  • Jak wrote: »
    1st video is from Jan 2015
    2nd video is from 2008
    Last video is classic/si servers, published in 2015 (and it looks like old frontiers map, but hard to see)

    How is this remotely relevant to game play today? A solo healer may be viable if you have the patience of a saint, but even the most seasoned and well played healer is going to have a very hard time running solo.

    You have anything new to show us?

    Lol read Muylocks quote. Where did I say these videos were relevantly dated and in what subjective context would that even matter?

    Clearly solo healers existed at some point, and healers have earned death blows. Statement debunked.
  • In the context in which you have written; yes, at some point healers could solo. However, I find it fairly obtuse that you would pull up videos, which are completely outdated and not remotely relevant to the solo play or lack there of, healers today. Perhaps you could find rare glimpse of the overpowering solo, champ weapon spec'd healer in today's setting.

    Maybe you just needed to be right about something and take it to an extreme of finding outdated material in which to prove your point. Good job!
  • Jak wrote: »
    In the context in which you have written; yes, at some point healers could solo. However, I find it fairly obtuse that you would pull up videos, which are completely outdated and not remotely relevant to the solo play or lack there of, healers today. Perhaps you could find rare glimpse of the overpowering solo, champ weapon spec'd healer in today's setting.

    Maybe you just needed to be right about something and take it to an extreme of finding outdated material in which to prove your point. Good job!

    :# someone ate pissed filled cheerios today. You're assuming far, far, far too much bud.
    Muylae wrote: »
    the only time that a healer got a solo kill was with oil, or on a afk person. no healer ever got a kill on a person that fought back.

    This is the quote I was referring to. It's bolded to emphasize the point I was making when I posted the links to solo healer videos.

    The whole healer/dps concept is asinine regardless. Muy made a false statement and it was refuted. You came in guns blazing cause... reasons?
  • 1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    While true, your logic is flawed and inaccurate --- not that you care
  • Healers are obviously a useless class
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Healers are obviously a useless class
    Another predictably useless comment from the standard band....
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    While true, your logic is flawed and inaccurate --- not that you care

    What you just did...
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    100% true, blah blah blah blah --- Now I'm gonna make the mid zerg do circles for the next hour to punish them.

    I fixed your reply.

    ~Westies
  • HoTs would need serious adjustment at the upper level. Broadsword perhaps could build in healing bonus to spec the higher you spec the more % you have and remove it from gear. This would then at least provide additional bonus to speccing that high in a heal line.
  • Westies wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    100% true, blah blah blah blah --- Now I'm gonna make the mid zerg do circles for the next hour to punish them.

    I fixed your reply.
    Just fix yourself
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    100% true, blah blah blah blah --- Now I'm gonna make the mid zerg do circles for the next hour to punish them.

    I fixed your reply.
    Just fix yourself

    So... more punishment circles on EV for your zerg?
    ~Westies
  • edited September 2018 PM
    Westies wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    1. Statement made.
    2. Statement disproved.
    3. 3rd party jumps into middle of conversation to change the argument and spew emotional and irrational thought.
    4. Threads relevance exhausted.
    100% true, blah blah blah blah --- Now I'm gonna make the mid zerg do circles for the next hour to punish them.

    I fixed your reply.
    Just fix yourself

    So... more punishment circles on EV for your zerg?

    Guess you still need work on that fix --- try Mass General Hospital.....


    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • I would like to attempt to bring this thread back in topic.

    RonELuvv wrote: »
    "I think % heal bonus should be there but it should only apply to heal classes and actual heal spells rather than charges and procs."

    This is what I was getting at. This would require to much actual work on behalf of broadsword however and why I suggested removing the bonus entirely ( changing all current gear to buff bonus or power pool whatever) and adjusting casted heals with the bonus built in.

    Sure it benefits the classes that have heals, let's just call it a feature to get people to play more support classes.

    Now let's stay on topic, ok Postcou...err Official Forums?

    PS sorry for the ghetto quotes, please fix quote feature on mobile browsers!
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    I would like to attempt to bring this thread back in topic.

    RonELuvv wrote: »
    "I think % heal bonus should be there but it should only apply to heal classes and actual heal spells rather than charges and procs."

    This is what I was getting at. This would require to much actual work on behalf of broadsword however and why I suggested removing the bonus entirely ( changing all current gear to buff bonus or power pool whatever) and adjusting casted heals with the bonus built in.

    Sure it benefits the classes that have heals, let's just call it a feature to get people to play more support classes.

    Now let's stay on topic, ok Postcou...err Official Forums?

    PS sorry for the ghetto quotes, please fix quote feature on mobile browsers!

    Simply make the Heal bonus of up to 25% only apply to targeted LOS heals.
    ~Westies
  • edited September 2018 PM
    "Simply make the Heal bonus of up to 25% only apply to targeted LOS heals."

    Perhaps, if you think group heals and spread heals need a nerf, however that may be a topic for another thread.

    Edit: you may also need to consider if the added bonus should apply to reverse and active heal spells (warden, Friar, Bard, healer, cleric) and heal styles (Friar), & Valk pbaoe heal
    Post edited by Abattoir on
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    "Simply make the Heal bonus of up to 25% only apply to targeted LOS heals."

    Perhaps, if you think group heals and spread heals need a nerf, however that may be a topic for another thread.

    Edit: you may also need to consider if the added bonus should apply to reverse and active heal spells (warden, Friar, Bard, healer, cleric) and heal styles (Friar), & Valk pbaoe heal

    Make the Heal bonus up to 20% ONLY apply to targeted LOS heals.

    I made it more clear.
    ~Westies
  • edited September 2018 PM
    null
    Attach heal bonus to heal line spec and remove it from gear all together. This way only base healers can gain the % by speccing into their heal line. Leave Mastery of Healing as a RA now for everyone. This will provide them with the ability to have it but at a cost. Leave the way it functions alone since not healers would have to make a choice with RAs to gain the benefit.
    Post edited by Kymatius on
Sign In or Register to comment.