Midgard goes Trick or Treating at BOLD !

edited November 2018 in Videos & Streams

Post edited by Rulother on

Comments

• Sounds like bait or troll
  • Superior tactics? eh, crutching on ST, is that what you are doing when you sit in KM?
  • Wouldn't want everyone to miss out on these videos. :)
  • As long as you stole the Albs candy!!
  • @Carol_Broadsword

I think this crap has gone on long enough don't you? You don't see Hero posting videos. Enough of this garbage.
  • Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

I think this crap has gone on long enough don't you? You don't see Hero posting videos. Enough of this garbage.

They could and would love it if they did. I encourage all realm BG leaders to post their battles
    @Carol_Broadsword

I think these videos would be fine if they were properly edited (remove the voice chat). Unfortunately, they are used for trolling and ego stroking more than anything else.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Oh, I thought this video would be from a different person/perspective. Not from the same person that has been spamming up the boards..../sigh Oh well, another person's name to the list to avoid reading their posts...

• I see Nate's fan boy had to deliver the videos for him, careful Rulother.
    @Tanky , Herorious is a sweetheart and a fine bg leader, is why you don't see his doing that kinda stuff. As you also don't see Rescu's or xyorman's , real bg leaders wont get involved with garbage.
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Was @Natebruner actually banned from here?

Yes, a temp ban.
    Jak wrote: »
    Oh, I thought this video would be from a different person/perspective. Not from the same person that has been spamming up the boards..../sigh Oh well, another person's name to the list to avoid reading their posts...

I've advocated in the past for a channel/subforum dedicated to player videos in the past.
  • AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Guess these boards don’t have the same rules as PC where you can’t post vids of banned people
  • Rulother wrote: »
    Yes, a temp ban.

What a lovely Halloween treat.
    @Carol_Broadsword

You. Don't. Have. To. Watch. The. Videos. Or. Post. In. The. Threads. Or. Open. The. Threads. In. General.....
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Rulother wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

They could and would love it if they did. I encourage all realm BG leaders to post their battles

Why? I play mainly Hib and I have ZERO desire to see ANY BG leaders videos. Sure, every once in awhile when there is a great 3 way battle with 3 similar sized groups that could be entertaining. That never happens. Its always 1 zerg way bigger than the other 1 or occasionally 2 zergs and they win easily. What you end up with is heavily edited propaganda videos designed to start fights and stroke egos.

I agree with the idea that there should be a whole different channel in the forums for videos. Then post away. Those that enjoy watching them can do so till their little hearts are content. Meanwhile, people like me who want to see forum posts about the game as whole rather than ego stroking can do so.

For the record, I seldom watch ANY videos. Solo, small man, 8 man, zerg... makes no difference. I'm not a teenager in todays world that would rather watch a person play a game than to actually play it. I'm old school. Why waste time watching another person enjoy a game when I could be out actually playing that game myself. Also, just like zerg videos, most people just show them beating easy competition and never show losses. /yawn
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
    @Carol_Broadsword

You. Don't. Have. To. Watch. The. Videos. Or. Post. In. The. Threads. Or. Open. The. Threads. In. General.....

This. I posted it for those that actually wanted to watch it. That and/or someone needs to create a Player Video subforum.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Rulother wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

Why? I play mainly Hib and I have ZERO desire to see ANY BG leaders videos. Sure, every once in awhile when there is a great 3 way battle with 3 similar sized groups that could be entertaining. What you end up with is heavily edited propaganda videos designed to start fights and stroke egos. I agree with the idea that there should be a whole different channel in the forums for videos. Then post away. Those that enjoy watching them can do so till their little hearts are content. Meanwhile, people like me who want to see forum posts about the game as whole rather than ego stroking can do so.

I have no problems with a highlight reel. I agree it would be incredibly boring watching some bg just run around and find nothing or do nothing.
  • It just baffles me at times. The same people open these threads continually and post criticizing comments about how the videos are obnoxious, how it's trolling, criticizing the game play etc., etc.

It's like playing the lottery on a daily basis and getting pissed off every single time you lose... just don't open the thread/watch the videos if you despise Nate so much.

I mean one of the guys in here literally made an "I quit DAoC" thread because he was so affected by his posting (I'm not going to name you, but you know who you are).
    I opened the thread because I knew Nate was temporarily banned and was curious if this was a Nate video posted by another. I didn't watch the video and commented based on the other comments. Remember that advice of not watching or reading goes both ways. Just as Nate amd others say we don't have to click the threads or read them, you don't have to read my comments. Just over look them.
  • You. Don't. Have. To. Watch. The. Videos. Or. Post. In. The. Threads. Or. Open. The. Threads. In. General.....

It's sound advice and I can see it as a sound workaround for what some find displeasing. However, sub-forums will never be created if the need for them isn't continuously demonstrated or discussed. Besides, as we've already discussed, simply not opening the threads doesn't eliminate them entirely from view and nor does it prevent the thread from pushing down other, more substantive threads.
  • Sovereign wrote: »

It's sound advice and I can see it as a sound workaround for what some find displeasing. However, sub-forums will never be created if the need for them isn't continuously demonstrated or discussed. Besides, as we've already discussed, simply not opening the threads doesn't eliminate them entirely from view and nor does it prevent the thread from pushing down other, more substantive threads.

I have zero qualms with opening up sub-forums for DAoC related video's/entertainment. I was directing that comment specifically to the person I quoted, as that individual has offered absolutely nothing in the form of a possible resolution yet consistently complains in nearly every thread of this nature.
    @Amp_Phetamine you're entitled to that opinion. I'm not bashing you or saying youre wrong... just that that is your opinion. At the same time, im entitled to my opinion. I think constant badgering or taunting is toxic to the environment. It teeters on the verge of bullying. Some people are affected by it personally. I'm not. If i could actually "truly" ignore certain people on here, then i have no problem with anyone posting 9,000 videos of the same thing over and over.. that way, i wouldnt have to drudge through 9,000 post to find a post about new updates, or welcoming someone back to DAoC. Thats what interest me. A sub-forum would serve its purpose. It would let those who love to pump their chest do so in that sandbox. Multiple purposes would be served actually. The chest thumpers could their thing. The fanboi's could cheer them on. And you wouldnt have to listen to those of us who could care less about 9,000 videos "whine" :wink:
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • The real question is, what happened to Ronaldo? He must be banned like Nate. I thought being banned here resulted in game bans on accounts as well? I know that was a huge deal when these boards first came around.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    The real question is, what happened to Ronaldo? He must be banned like Nate. I thought being banned here resulted in game bans on accounts as well? I know that was a huge deal when these boards first came around.

"If a player's forum account is suspended or banned, their DAOC game account will not necessarily receive the same disciplinary action. However, players who violate the Code of Conduct on the forums should be aware that those infractions may affect their ability to access both the forums and the game itself."

The above quote was taken from the Code of Conduct page on these forums.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Sounds like they should ban both imo
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Sounds like they should ban both imo

If it's only a temporary ban I guess we won't see a Youtube "I quit" video like we did when a particular person was excused from Postcount. Perhaps a possible Christmas gift Carol?
  • We can only hope

I have zero qualms with opening up sub-forums for DAoC related video's/entertainment. I was directing that comment specifically to the person I quoted, as that individual has offered absolutely nothing in the form of a possible resolution yet consistently complains in nearly every thread of this nature.

Since you want to direct your attention to me, I will reply...I dont have to open and therefore reply, but the point of the matter which you failed to comprehend is the entire first page of the forums should NOT be garbage propaganda ego stoking videos. No one, from most realms, do not want to come here and see the entire first page nothing but Nate spam. Secondly, what example is BS allowing when a new player or returning player comes here? That Alb has a huge BG and the leader is a ego hog. As someone previously mentioned, NO Other BG leader has to post videos here to stock their egos...never have and they never will. THATS the point.
    Sovereign wrote: »

Since you want to direct your attention to me, I will reply...I dont have to open and therefore reply, but the point of the matter which you failed to comprehend is the entire first page of the forums should NOT be garbage propaganda ego stoking videos. No one, from most realms, do not want to come here and see the entire first page nothing but Nate spam. Secondly, what example is BS allowing when a new player or returning player comes here? That Alb has a huge BG and the leader is a ego hog. As someone previously mentioned, NO Other BG leader has to post videos here to stock their egos...never have and they never will. THATS the point.

I believe you're grossly over-exaggerating the issue. You do understand by continually bashing Nate via his posting of BG fights you're doing more harm than good, right? There have been returning players who've enjoyed the BG viewpoint videos of both Nate and some of the others that post alternative view points as it gives them the ability to view action. It's those that are literally affected to the point of emotional involvement that are detrimental to these forums. Nate could post a video every single day and if it wasn't filled with angry passive-aggressive comments it would literally only serve as an example of how the action is from that day. The one's who came forth claiming CoC violations, propaganda, harassment, vulgarity, etc., etc. literally exacerbated this into what it is today as their "claims" were based on nothing but a disdain for the individual posting the fights.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    @Amp_Phetamine you're entitled to that opinion. I'm not bashing you or saying youre wrong... just that that is your opinion. At the same time, im entitled to my opinion. I think constant badgering or taunting is toxic to the environment. It teeters on the verge of bullying. Some people are affected by it personally. I'm not. If i could actually "truly" ignore certain people on here, then i have no problem with anyone posting 9,000 videos of the same thing over and over.. that way, i wouldnt have to drudge through 9,000 post to find a post about new updates, or welcoming someone back to DAoC. Thats what interest me. A sub-forum would serve its purpose. It would let those who love to pump their chest do so in that sandbox. Multiple purposes would be served actually. The chest thumpers could their thing. The fanboi's could cheer them on. And you wouldnt have to listen to those of us who could care less about 9,000 videos "whine" :wink:

You're absolutely entitled to that opinion as well @Sleepwell and I agree with a few of your points. The only thing I'm trying to deter is this mob mentality that's originated simply due to the negativity people have towards the poster of the vids. There should be an alternative forum implemented specifically for DAoC videos/gameplay. However, those with such disdain of Nate should also be held accountable for the toxicity they've added into his forums. One can't rebuke with the same level of negativity yet assume they should be held to a higher standard.
    Considering the forums have quieted down since Nate can't post speaks for itself, imo. This will be the last time I bump his posts by commenting. However, I agree that we need a subforum for posting videos.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • Considering the forums have quieted down since Nate can't post speaks for itself, imo. This will be the last time I bump his posts by commenting. However, I agree that we need a subform for posting videos.

It can mean one of two things. That Nate doesn't have the ability to fill the threads with comments on his own (less likely) or that the multitude of posters don't have him to direct their anger to in his threads (most likely).
  • It can mean one of two things. That Nate doesn't have the ability to fill the threads with comments on his own (less likely) or that the multitude of posters don't have him to direct their anger to in his threads (most likely).

What you find less and more likely is purely subjective so perhaps it shouldn't be presented as some kind of factual statement.
    It can mean one of two things. That Nate doesn't have the ability to fill the threads with comments on his own (less likely) or that the multitude of posters don't have him to direct their anger to in his threads (most likely).

What you find less and more likely is purely subjective so perhaps it shouldn't be presented as some kind of factual statement.

I believe that's applicable to the statement I responded to, hence my response.
    The only thing I'm trying to deter is this mob mentality that's originated simply due to the negativity people have towards the poster of the vids.

Just so we are clear, I have zero personal issue with Nate. He's played with several people I have alot of respect for and I can't even think of a time I have ever faced him on the game. I even said on many occasions that I thought what he did was great for the Alb community. I just don't like seeing thread after thread about the same thing day after day. I think we all agree that if they just made a sub forum for video posts it would solve the problem.
  • It just started again btw. Give it 5 mins and the first page will be full of spam.../sigh
    The only thing I'm trying to deter is this mob mentality that's originated simply due to the negativity people have towards the poster of the vids.

Just so we are clear, I have zero personal issue with Nate. He's played with several people I have alot of respect for and I can't even think of a time I have ever faced him on the game. I do think he killed me on one of his old reaver bomb teams, but I have never made my comments on his threads out of some personal issue with Nate. I even said on many occasions that I thought what he did was great for the Alb community. I just don't like seeing thread after thread about the same thing day after day. I think we all agree that if they just made a sub forum for video posts it would solve the problem.

I apologize if you thought I was referring to you specifically @RonELuvv, I do agree with your points. There are a handful of people I'm referencing; however, I do not want to resort to direct name calling as that would be baiting and against the CoC. I can verify that you were not one of them.
  • Always loved your posts @Amp_Phetamine and I didn't think it was directed at me exactly, I just wanted to make sure anyone understood for me it is nothing personal at all with Nate. :)
    Always loved your posts @Amp_Phetamine and I didn't think it was directed at me exactly, I just wanted to make sure anyone understood for me it is nothing personal at all with Nate. :)

All good mate, appreciate the post support :). Good hunting!
  • Thanks for posting Rulo :)

We left the lights on at Bold at a low con CK and the large Mid bg came trick or treating.

More #'s or Less #'s - Alb Nation just keeps winning.

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I think this Halloween night is gonna be scaring folks for awhile ! :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781