So when are Skalds getting Climb Walls?

Who do I have to pay to get climb walls on my Skald? C'mon, Broadsword! Y'all need money, I got lots of it. Let's work something out.
CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR

Comments

• When bards lose insta amnesia.
  • And stealth like Minst !!!!!
  • Only when Albs ask for it
  • edited November 2018 PM
    when BS starts playing mid

give wall climb to savage and i won't stop laughing for the next year.

on a serious not, wall climb in mid should probably go to skalds.

if they were it to give it to zerks, savages will never stop crying, if they were to give it to savages, then zerks will never stop crying.

ofc, ... they could give to zerks AND savages ... which has a ring to it. mid light tanks scaling the walls ... never understood why HEAVY tanks could climb walls, and not LIGHT tanks.

let light tanks scale walls and let heavy tanks beat down gates and walls. [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Muylae wrote: »

let light tanks scale walls and let heavy tanks beat down gates and walls. [removed]

Youve been watching too much Troy.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Skalds are hybrid tanks, which is why they're on a much higher WS table on minstrels, don't require instruments, and get free 2H.

Savage getting climb walls would be interesting, and it fits their class. Though it's not totally necessary.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Skalds are on the door/wall hit train anyway, playing Siegebreaking bot, so not like it matters. :P
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Skalds are on the door/wall hit train anyway, playing Siegebreaking bot, so not like it matters. :P

This. Skalds are needed at the doors.

I say Savages or maybe even Valks?
  • Muylae wrote: »
    when BS starts playing mid

give wall climb to savage and i won't stop laughing for the next year.

on a serious not, wall climb in mid should probably go to skalds.

if they were it to give it to zerks, savages will never stop crying, if they were to give it to savages, then zerks will never stop crying.

ofc, ... they could give to zerks AND savages ... which has a ring to it. mid light tanks scaling the walls ... never understood why HEAVY tanks could climb walls, and not LIGHT tanks.

I love your determination. Any and every chance to slip in a "warlocks and savages are nerfed, plz buff" you take advantage /clap.

The concept of introducing another wall climb class in mid was already explored and was tossed out.
  • There should be three in Mid bottom line.
  • Juzzo wrote: »
    There should be three in Mid bottom line.

Agree'd. Also they should be completely removed from requiring siege in general and should be able to walk through keep and tower doors.
  • Give it to valks.

Hell, just for the drama, give it to healers :D

And yes, the healer comment is a joke.
  • Jak wrote: »
    Give it to valks.

Hell, just for the drama, give it to healers :D

And yes, the healer comment is a joke.

Hmm, I wouldn't necessarily be against valks earning climb wall. Of course Muy does make a good point that if either zerk or savage get's it and not the other there will be a flood of criticism from the other class. Only issue with valks is they'd be incredibly efficient in locking down the catwalks.
    Juzzo wrote: »
    There should be three in Mid bottom line.

Unfortunately for you, that is not the bottom line. I'd like a more thoughtful discussion as to why Midgard needs 3 wall climbing classes, given the solid fact that realms are not intended to mirror each other in a variety of ways which to me includes the number of classes with access to X ability.

If you are basing it solely on numbers, where are the classes in Hib and Alb with access to AOE stun? Where in Alb is the healing class with sojo as an option? Why does Alb not have access to free 2H? Where are the plate wearing classes in Mid and Hib? And on and on.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Gavner wrote: »
    Skalds are on the door/wall hit train anyway, playing Siegebreaking bot, so not like it matters. :P

i think the side effects of a class that has a rezz that can climb walls would be out of control. valk climbs up, rest of the party suicides to guards, valks rezzes them on top of the wall ... fg/zerg bypasses the wall.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Tit for tat is not how the game was designed. There are supposed to be unique abilities for classes. Those unique abilities have been farmed out through champ levels, arties, ml lines, etc so that there is really very little uniqueness left. As a whole, this has made some classes just over the top and left other classes/realms left in the dust.

Do I think Mid needs another wall climber? Would be nice, but it will not break the game either way.
    Aoe stun for other realms? Sure, why not. Most unique abilities have been farmed out already.
    Sojo on a healing class in Alb? Don't see why not. Give it to clerics, never really understood why they gave clerics battlemaster in the first place (though it is annoying that if they do go bm, they can clear the bloody pets off themselves, without relying on the teammate to do it). They can also really enjoy the phase shift bug that Mid has been complaining about for years for someone to fix (though I honestly think that it is an issue with the rr5 healer ability that is messing things up).

There can be positives and negatives for each realm getting buffs and nerfs. Each side is going to bitch about things being unfair, one side being liked more, etc. And as stated, the list can go on and on.

BS has shown that they are going to do what they want and the reason will be left up to the community to figure out why the choice was made, regardless of how great or silly it may be.

At this point, in my opinion, this is a game that is grasping at straws to keep the community alive and trying to get the numbers up.
    Tanky wrote: »

i think the side effects of a class that has a rezz that can climb walls would be out of control. valk climbs up, rest of the party suicides to guards, valks rezzes them on top of the wall ... fg/zerg bypasses the wall.

Can't heavy tanks train CL rez? I may be mistaken. i know they took it away from stealth classes, but not sure about tanks.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I’d like to see minstrels get a 2.5 sec cast aoe mez no one has ever told me the reason why it’s 5 secs.
    The only Reason I can think is stealth groups.
    But hey everyone wants something extra for there toons just be nice to know the reasoning behind some of the nerfs and buffs to all realm classes.
    Something I think broadsword is not very good at .
    I really think the internal forums should be open to everyone I do think that the people proposing things on the internal boards are from a very restricted view of how the game should be played.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »

Can't heavy tanks train CL rez? I may be mistaken. i know they took it away from stealth classes, but not sure about tanks.

yes, you can get a CL rezz, but the range on it is too short to rezz someone laying on the floor from the top of the wall. i would need to experiment with rezzing someone on the other side of the wall, through a window in the wall, with a CL rezz to see if that is possible or if LOS / range prevent that too. it could be that los on someone on the floor is not possible if the player is close enough to get the rezz. anyway, i have never seen it done..
    Sleepwell wrote: »

yes, you can get a CL rezz, but the range on it is too short to rezz someone laying on the floor from the top of the wall. i would need to experiment with rezzing someone on the other side of the wall, through a window in the wall, with a CL rezz to see if that is possible or if LOS / range prevent that too. it could be that los on someone on the floor is not possible if the player is close enough to get the rezz. anyway, i have never seen it done..

Rezzing through a window works. We used it in stealth warfare. I had it on my hunter before they removed it, and if i could hide in a keep or be rezzed in the keep through a window, then i provided another stealther with rez inside the keep.

You're correct from the ramparts to the ground though. Range is too far. But through the window worked just fine.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • The community has chosen. The class to receive climb walls is....

Two-legged hairy over-sized cats that carry butter knives! ... Savages, obviously.
    Sovereign wrote: »

If you are basing it solely on numbers, where are the classes in Hib and Alb with access to AOE stun? Where in Alb is the healing class with sojo as an option? Why does Alb not have access to free 2H? Where are the plate wearing classes in Mid and Hib? And on and on.

Yes. If Climb Walls is to be given out it should be to make up for a glaring weakness in a class or realm. Giving it to Savages at 50 Savagery doesn't seem to terrible, though, and it will appease whiners. I think Mids have been whining about this since 2006.

Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • could minnys get back the drum rez now lol