Battlegroups and group setup idea for ui

Just an idea I have for making bgs more fun to play. I would like to see an interface for a bg where the bg leader can view all the people in the battle group.
They have this ability at the moment but it’s basic and you can’t move people about unless you tell them via voice chat or bg chat
It would be nice to group solo people into a group like using maybe a drag and drop system then put the toons that need to be in a group like a speed class healer then either tanks or casters so that people get groups and the groups they do get are balanced.
Would make for a much better experience for everyone involved.
If someone wants to solo in the bg they can put a flag up that stops them being grouped.

Comments

• so basically you want to give some one the right to make other players play the way they want them to. don't know about other players but I don't want any one telling or forcing me to play their way when I am paying money to play the way I want to play.
  • Lol ok m8 it’s an idea just a way to make bgs more fun if you read the post it’s totally optional sorry I offended you
  • Most people when they join a bg they spam for ages looking for a group most people in a bg have a hang up about starting a group it’s why most bgs get there ass handed to them even when they have greater numbers.
    This way the bg leader can get people in groups who want to be in groups.
    Now if you don’t want to be in a group that’s fine you would not be grouped unless you hit a flag to say you wanted to be in a group
    That way the people like you who don’t want to do what other people tell them can do your own thing though why a
    Person who is obviously so individual and independent would join a bg and chase around someone like a big fat sheep is indeed a quandary to me.
    Toodle pip old man hope that explains it better
  • Brut wrote: »

It really wouldn't. I'm not sure anyone would want BG leaders and their delegates doing that. In fact, some group leaders would rather go around as a 4-6 man, than pick up randoms who are in shocking templates, no voice comms, unable to stick, sprint, assist or follow basic instructions. Lumbering people with solo / lfg people just to give them heals, speed etc isn't the role of the BG leader.

If they are so desperate, they can put up the /lfg or group finder flag. Oh wait..lol

• Auberne wrote: »
    Brut wrote: »

It really wouldn't. I'm not sure anyone would want BG leaders and their delegates doing that. In fact, some group leaders would rather go around as a 4-6 man, than pick up randoms who are in shocking templates, no voice comms, unable to stick, sprint, assist or follow basic instructions. Lumbering people with solo / lfg people just to give them heals, speed etc isn't the role of the BG leader.

If they are so desperate, they can put up the /lfg or group finder flag. Oh wait..lol

I tend to agree. Having said that I feel dirty. However, as someone that typically zerg-surfed in non-traditional zerg-surfing classes such as a cleric, I would be horrified if the BG leader had the direct ability to force me to group with people. Now you can make the claim that BG leaders indirectly have that ability by creating and enforcing the rules that govern their particular BG, however what Brut proposes is a step too far in my opinion.
  • Again you really haven’t read what I proposed it’s totally optional if you don’t want to do it you don’t have to allow the bg leader to move you around.
    But hey it’s cool just thought it would make it easier for people.
    I am sure people like you treason or other independent minded people would make your own groups.
    I am sorry to hear you left the game I allways found you a great character in the game and the game is lesser for your absence.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Again you really haven’t read what I proposed it’s totally optional if you don’t want to do it you don’t have to allow the bg leader to move you around.
    But hey it’s cool just thought it would make it easier for people.
    I am sure people like you treason or other independent minded people would make your own groups.
    I am sorry to hear you left the game I allways found you a great character in the game and the game is lesser for your absence.

I understand the spirit of your suggestion and the problem it's aimed at is a real, major, and ongoing issue that plagues every BG of all realms. I'm just not sure that your suggestion, in its current form would be the ideal way to solve the problem. That's all that I'm saying but again, the issue it seeks to address is something that warrants being looked at. Unfortunately, BS could make it the easiest thing the world to group up but I struggle to see how they can account for the human aspect of this problem, that being people sometimes just have no desire to group with people they don't know for whatever reason.
  • What if the current group finder/builder was modified to work for battlegroups. Meaning if the leader of the group is in a battlegroup, the group builder will choose other solo members from the same battlegroup to be placed into the group.
  • Carl wrote: »
    What if the current group finder/builder was modified to work for battlegroups. Meaning if the leader of the group is in a battlegroup, the group builder will choose other solo members from the same battlegroup to be placed into the group.

Or potentially give them a listing of unfilled groups within the bg?
  • thats kinda what im proposing
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Having something akin to Alliance windows in Final Fantasy 14 could be interesting for BG's in DAoC but would require an overhaul of the current UI. Granted, there is a limit on how large an Alliance can be (18 players I think) vs. a BG in DAoC ranging from 40 - 100 players. A dedicated window listing solo players in the BG along with a separate window listing group leaders with their respective numbers (6/8, 3/8, etc.) and archetypes (DPS, utility, melee, heals) might go a long way for organizational purposes.

Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/