Pendragon Patch 1.125A

2»

Comments

• Xyorman wrote: »
    whiners whine

Given your recent posting history you would know that better than anyone.
  • Auberne wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Sort of like the, "healer needs melee" thread.

What thread was this.

An abomination that should never see the light of day ever again.

Typical hyperbole

Auberne wrote: »

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself :(... #FeelsBadMan
  • Spirit master LT was nerfed because darkness spec is too powerful. 199/90% lifetap PLUS the best debuffs in the same line is nuts. Look at cabalists. To get debuff, spirit spec has NOTHING. Mana chanters get debuffs and PBAE which is less nuts.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sym wrote: »
    Spirit master LT was nerfed because darkness spec is too powerful. 199/90% lifetap PLUS the best debuffs in the same line is nuts. Look at cabalists. To get debuff, spirit spec has NOTHING. Mana chanters get debuffs and PBAE which is less nuts.

Nonsense, first, its been that way forever for a reason, second, do you see the world OP'd by Sm -- it is unnecessary and venal in nature...typical

Post edited by Xyorman on

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

Have someone explain it to you....

Xyorman wrote: »

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

c2eeb6229ca142ae283f72885dff785c.png

• edited October 2018 PM
    Sym wrote: »
    Spirit master LT was nerfed because darkness spec is too powerful. 199/90% lifetap PLUS the best debuffs in the same line is nuts. Look at cabalists. To get debuff, spirit spec has NOTHING. Mana chanters get debuffs and PBAE which is less nuts.

100% This ^. I love speccing my cabby in Matter, but if I want to get rvr groups I have to respec to spirit, where I'm just basically debuffing for a sorc.
    Post edited by Rulother on
  • Yes dark SMS rule the 8man, Zerg and solo visible landscape in the current meta. More than any other caster besides maybe sorc.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

You apparently have a twitch that causes you to repost irrelevancies -- best get it looked at; that and lack of comprehension could be related

• @Amp_Phetamine

I do understand your points, but check out any topic, any critique, and it somewhat will always tend toward the player's main realm most of time. This isn't coincidence, and some does this little more objectively, some less. This critique while applies to me too, I think it's fair to say that people simply CARE more about their characters/realms overall. Jump to Armsman buff forum, and see how you also care more about Armsman / Albion vs any other. Don't get me wrong, this is fine, and there can be a reasonable argument made there too (btw item diversity is fair argument i think).

For years I played heavy/light tanks mostly, seeing light tanks being over the top is easy, so do most of stealth class, but their comparison is still very much easier then any caster, and easier to balance over time due their more common nature between realms.

Just to sum up my thoughts, and address some of comments:

1) ST: Let's disregard what's fair for a moment, or if this 2/2/1 ST realm distribution is a good or bad idea. I think it would create much less distortion from the community, if they would have simply given 2/2/2 across realms. Might be not fair because of many reasons some could come up with, but surely easier accepted, with less critique from players. The nature of ST is quiet different from many other RAs, 5 points already make it a very good tool for stunn immunity reset too, so maybe there is an issue with the RA itself being too powerful atm.

2) SM Nerfs There are classes in game currently which are completely unique to their realm, and classes that more or less mirror in their core idea with some unique flavors. For example, Pure Tanks (Arms/War/Hero), Light Tanks (Merc/BM/Zerk), Assassins (Inf/NS/SB), Archers (Ranger/Scout/Hunter), Heavy DMG Casters (Eld/Wiz/RM), Pet Casters (Caba/Chant/SM), Main Healers (Cleric/Healer/Druid). I think everyone gets the idea. While their unique abilities differ, making them hard to compare because their use might differ, but these characters DPS/Heal Capabilities around their core idea is very much been the same since forever. More or less same value heals, same DD output, same ability to debuff their base nukes with same values, very similar growth rates/positionals on styles, etc etc..

Going against that is somewhat new to me (like if Eld would become too powerful, we nerf it's 219/10% DD dmg? No.)

@Sym
    About SM's rule everywhere, the easiest to see is lvl 50 player count, which include PvE chars too (which often pet/pb heavy) Here are some numbers of player count lvl 50 inside the realm:

Bonedancer
    Oct 22, 2018 61
    Oct 15, 2018 63
    Oct 8, 2018 58

Runemaster
    Oct 22, 2018 119
    Oct 15, 2018 114
    Oct 8, 2018 106

Spiritmaster
    Oct 22, 2018 75
    Oct 15, 2018 85
    Oct 8, 2018 87

Warlock
    Oct 22, 2018 114
    Oct 15, 2018 88
    Oct 8, 2018 101

I hope none will say RM is OP. Also, Cabalist/Ench/SM pets differ too quiet abit, and their unique spells too.

@Rulother
    Yes, debuff for Sorc, and your OWN lifetap, while tri-spec giving lots of utility, as stated previously, let's not compare their unique properties. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cabalist being OP, I don't agree with the nerfs nature.

Closing thoughts:
    Dark SM is strong. Warrior pet is a very good tool for Solo/Small man hence the nerf there which I can get behind. There are many ways to nerf this, give it some dmg, and snare instead like chanters, and remove/nerf it's intercept, or nerf Dark SM's dmg output? I think it's smarter idea to nerf what causes the problem, not whats not relevant around it, nor it stand out from any class (199 value is not outstanding). This is my 100% personal opinion, which ofc can be disagreed, and most likely be disregarded by @Broadsword anyway, although they been very nice listeners nowdays.

Everyone have a nice debate moving forward! :)
  • Also please note, that its reasonable to all people to debate regardless Alb/Mid/Hib. 1.125 took like a year, the game will most likely stay like 1.125 for a very long time, if anyone have a concern, it's best voice it now, rather then after.

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

You apparently have a twitch that causes you to repost irrelevancies -- best get it looked at; that and lack of comprehension could be related

Kinda like how you feel the need to be passive-aggressive in nearly every comment? Mr. Depends? Your insult attempts are Junior High at best, about as impressive as your zerg play at the campfires ;)
  • Please keep the thread on-topic.
    Daoc Moderator
    Main Forums

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<
  • Gavner wrote: »
    @Amp_Phetamine

I do understand your points, but check out any topic, any critique, and it somewhat will always tend toward the player's main realm most of time. This isn't coincidence, and some does this little more objectively, some less. This critique while applies to me too, I think it's fair to say that people simply CARE more about their characters/realms overall. Jump to Armsman buff forum, and see how you also care more about Armsman / Albion vs any other. Don't get me wrong, this is fine, and there can be a reasonable argument made there too (btw item diversity is fair argument i think).

For years I played heavy/light tanks mostly, seeing light tanks being over the top is easy, so do most of stealth class, but their comparison is still very much easier then any caster, and easier to balance over time due their more common nature between realms.

Just to sum up my thoughts, and address some of comments:

1) ST: Let's disregard what's fair for a moment, or if this 2/2/1 ST realm distribution is a good or bad idea. I think it would create much less distortion from the community, if they would have simply given 2/2/2 across realms. Might be not fair because of many reasons some could come up with, but surely easier accepted, with less critique from players. The nature of ST is quiet different from many other RAs, 5 points already make it a very good tool for stunn immunity reset too, so maybe there is an issue with the RA itself being too powerful atm.

2) SM Nerfs There are classes in game currently which are completely unique to their realm, and classes that more or less mirror in their core idea with some unique flavors. For example, Pure Tanks (Arms/War/Hero), Light Tanks (Merc/BM/Zerk), Assassins (Inf/NS/SB), Archers (Ranger/Scout/Hunter), Heavy DMG Casters (Eld/Wiz/RM), Pet Casters (Caba/Chant/SM), Main Healers (Cleric/Healer/Druid). I think everyone gets the idea. While their unique abilities differ, making them hard to compare because their use might differ, but these characters DPS/Heal Capabilities around their core idea is very much been the same since forever. More or less same value heals, same DD output, same ability to debuff their base nukes with same values, very similar growth rates/positionals on styles, etc etc..

Going against that is somewhat new to me (like if Eld would become too powerful, we nerf it's 219/10% DD dmg? No.)

@Sym
    About SM's rule everywhere, the easiest to see is lvl 50 player count, which include PvE chars too (which often pet/pb heavy) Here are some numbers of player count lvl 50 inside the realm:

Bonedancer
    Oct 22, 2018 61
    Oct 15, 2018 63
    Oct 8, 2018 58

Runemaster
    Oct 22, 2018 119
    Oct 15, 2018 114
    Oct 8, 2018 106

Spiritmaster
    Oct 22, 2018 75
    Oct 15, 2018 85
    Oct 8, 2018 87

Warlock
    Oct 22, 2018 114
    Oct 15, 2018 88
    Oct 8, 2018 101

I hope none will say RM is OP. Also, Cabalist/Ench/SM pets differ too quiet abit, and their unique spells too.

@Rulother
    Yes, debuff for Sorc, and your OWN lifetap, while tri-spec giving lots of utility, as stated previously, let's not compare their unique properties. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cabalist being OP, I don't agree with the nerfs nature.

Closing thoughts:
    Dark SM is strong. Warrior pet is a very good tool for Solo/Small man hence the nerf there which I can get behind. There are many ways to nerf this, give it some dmg, and snare instead like chanters, and remove/nerf it's intercept, or nerf Dark SM's dmg output? I think it's smarter idea to nerf what causes the problem, not whats not relevant around it, nor it stand out from any class (199 value is not outstanding). This is my 100% personal opinion, which ofc can be disagreed, and most likely be disregarded by @Broadsword anyway, although they been very nice listeners nowdays.

Everyone have a nice debate moving forward! :)

That was well written @Gavner, I can agree with this post. :)

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

Kinda like how you feel the need to be passive-aggressive in nearly every comment? Mr. Depends? Your insult attempts are Junior High at best, about as impressive as your zerg play at the campfires ;)

Still whining --- lordy

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

Still whining --- lordy

Please don't derail thread. This is for Pendragon Patch 1.125A patch notes and discussion.

• Please don't derail thread. This is for Pendragon Patch 1.125A patch notes and discussion.

I remember when u were just a wee little baby armsman I use to heal.. ahh as the times change.
    <Chaos Theory>

Message me for an 8v8 if you wanna try me.
  • Drlovegood wrote: »

Please don't derail thread. This is for Pendragon Patch 1.125A patch notes and discussion.

I remember when u were just a wee little baby armsman I use to heal.. ahh as the times change.

Haha I remember grouping you all the time back when I ran those tank trains, was a lot of fun :)
  • That was well written @Gavner, I can agree with this post. :)

Glad we could agree on a few things at least, it's very rare between Realms recently ;)
  • Carol@Broadsword,
    Can we look into this Heretic thing? You're boosting the AF and their ABS already. With PD9 available, and BA and their RR5, adding ST would make them OP. They can easily rush a lords room, pop their toys and almost be immune to magic for a short period. Not to mention their is no reason to give ST to a 2nd class in Alb. Alb's will argue this, but realms need to be equal in terms of abilities, not classes. Hib has 2. Why do 2 realms need 2 when Mid only has 1? Please review this.
    When talking about abilities, why doesn't Mid have a third wall climber when the other two realms do? Again we're talking abilities not class uniqueness.
  • Also, will this patch address the jordhiem crashing?
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Carol@Broadsword,
    Can we look into this Heretic thing? You're boosting the AF and their ABS already. With PD9 available, and BA and their RR5, adding ST would make them OP. They can easily rush a lords room, pop their toys and almost be immune to magic for a short period. Not to mention their is no reason to give ST to a 2nd class in Alb. Alb's will argue this, but realms need to be equal in terms of abilities, not classes. Hib has 2. Why do 2 realms need 2 when Mid only has 1? Please review this.
    When talking about abilities, why doesn't Mid have a third wall climber when the other two realms do? Again we're talking abilities not class uniqueness.

I don't think you want to take this route @Tanky , would you like Healer abilities loaded into a single class on each realm?
    Carol@Broadsword,

I don't think you want to take this route @Tanky , would you like Healer abilities loaded into a single class on each realm?

I think they mean cross-realm abilities. For example, AoE stun is unique to Mid and therefore would not be considered a cross-realm ability. However, climb wall is accessible to all three realms just not in the same frequency.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Carol@Broadsword,

I think they mean cross-realm abilities. For example, AoE stun is unique to Mid and therefore would not be considered a cross-realm ability. However, climb wall is accessible to all three realms just not in the same frequency.

Ive said it before I will say it again, Climb walls, DI, and ST should be equal across all realms Ichor as well.
  • Juzzo wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Carol@Broadsword,

Ive said it before I will say it again, Climb walls, DI, and ST should be equal across all realms Ichor as well.

I concur.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Juzzo wrote: »
    Carol@Broadsword,

I concur.

This....This is what I'm trying to convey. Fairness and equality. One realm shouldn't have more than the other(s)
    Carol@Broadsword,

Haha yeah was teasing ;)
  • edited October 2018 PM

What thread was this.

Typical hyperbole

Still whining --- lordy

Pot meet kettle....

Post edited by Xyorman on
    Carol@Broadsword,

Sure, then no enemies could do any damage
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Juzzo wrote: »

Although I have some reservations about the Tic changes, as a (returning) Heretic player, I would prefer casted AOE Stun + ST over 2 STs any day.

For me there are two issues - RAs should be balanced with one another point for point, so there shouldn't be any reason for DI or ST to be such points of contention. Nor should they be used as band-aids to cover weaknesses in the core class (e.g. to substitute for AE stun on Hib or Alb)

But I don't think the "X realm has Y, why don't we" argument has ever been convincing. There are several abilities or ability configs on each realm that are uniquely powerful.

Why does Mid have two light tanks and AOE stun? Why does Hib have stun and root on casters, as well as 5 PBAE/FAE casters? Why does Alb have two stealthers and an FnF interrupt pet class? etc. Some variation of these questions have been asked since I left the game a decade ago.

To solve these issues we need a long-term vision of how classes, spec-lines, RAs, MLs, CLs should be balanced, and then an extensive class overhaul. I think Broadsword has moved in many ways in the right direction, but sometimes a bit too much in the right direction (with many welcomed corrections).
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Ylazul wrote: »
    Juzzo wrote: »

Although I have some reservations about the Tic changes, as a (returning) Heretic player, I would prefer casted AOE Stun + ST over 2 STs any day.

For me there are two issues - RAs should be balanced with one another point for point, so there shouldn't be any reason for DI or ST to be such points of contention. Nor should they be used as band-aids to cover weaknesses in the core class (e.g. to substitute for AE stun on Hib or Alb)

But I don't think the "X realm has Y, why don't we" argument has ever been convincing. There are several abilities or ability configs on each realm that are uniquely powerful.

Why does Mid have two light tanks and AOE stun? Why does Hib have stun and root on casters, as well as 5 PBAE/FAE casters? Why does Alb have two stealthers and an FnF interrupt pet class? etc. Some variation of these questions have been asked since I left the game a decade ago.

To solve these issues we need a long-term vision of how classes, spec-lines, RAs, MLs, CLs should be balanced, and then an extensive class overhaul. I think Broadsword has moved in many ways in the right direction, but sometimes a bit too much in the right direction (with many welcomed corrections).

Why does Albion have access to the most DI classes in the game. Why does Albion have ONE class that has multiple access to 1850 range ae root/mezz. Why does albion have the only pet class than can interrupt greater than both a bard and pac healer combined (even after the joke of a nerf)? Why does Albion have the only spammable pet class that is worth anything in 8v8 and zerg warfare? Why does Albion have the only healer class who can do any real damage? Why does albion have the only class with 1750 range ae snare damage(which is getting buffed by 2x's in this patch)? Mids have 1600 range 400 radius and Hibernia has zero > 1500 spammable damage. Hibs get 2k ae nearsight with zero snare unlike Heretics and a 1600 range 400 radius disease. Disease and nearsight doesn't need to be healed through. Yes I'm just pointing out ridiculous points the same way you did in your biased points. Every realm is different. Albion should not have gotten a second ST class and definately should not have gotten heretic buffs.

Edit: And LOL @ you wanting casted AOE Stun. You "Obviously" want balance when asking for that.......
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Can't get behind the patch mainly because crafting is not something I care to pay to do.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Daelin wrote: »

Edit: And LOL @ you wanting casted AOE Stun. You "Obviously" want balance when asking for that.......

Like I said - feel free to suggest Alb and Hib get an AE stun instead of a 2nd ST.

Otherwise, "every realm is different."
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Ylazul wrote: »

Like I said - feel free to suggest Alb and Hib get an AE stun instead of a 2nd ST.

Hib AOE NS > AOE stun. Just so you know.
  • Heretic dont need a boost ,
  • who are the sojos in each realm :)
  • Well sorc has mass gateway now so looks like albs have more
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Ylazul wrote: »

Hib AOE NS > AOE stun. Just so you know.

It is really good, but not always. If you want to blast a group of people AE Stun can't be beat.

Also guessing that Heretics needed a boost about as much as Warlocks needed plate absorb, spread heal, MOC and a DoT chain that can kill a heavy tank with buffs up, etc.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Sym wrote: »

my mana chant, when i'm playing him, made my chanter sort of a debuff heat + cast group convert melee to cold damage + snare damage bot. i have no idea how such a powerful ability is at level 6 which is exactly the leftover spec at 48 mana, 26 light, 6 whatever it is that's needed for this spell
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.