Gear situation

edited October 2018 in General Board
The gear situation is worked on and I appreciate the effort. However, I just switched to mid recently and noticed I actually always spent my bp in the past (sold for Mls, scrolls and so on). Now I have several high RR toons and I can’t see how the new BP system really helps. Once you have equipped one of the toons, you can actually replace the items over time with the BP you gained, but the bloody start will not change and the barrier is quite high, even for an experienced player. So I want to propose some things that might really help out the gear situations. Bold parts are key proposes

1) High end gear is too hard to get
With currently very few raids it’s actually hard to proceed in gearing up for solo/small man player. The new BP system might help a little bit, but I’m not keen to run around with my rr7-8 in 2010 equipped characters and be free rps for most other players.
- Currency (use the current one is also fine) that you can spent to craft BP items
- Gold should also be a way to buy the BP items (items are none tradable and it could actually help with restoring the gold economy to a more normal level)
- Change all 45+ level quests in mainland and SI to also drop a good amount of currency so you can immediately buy some items by doing the old quests. This is a great way to use in game content that lets solo/small player proceed outside of raids/pvp.

2) The gap between a high end and budget template is quite huge
It’s really tough to solo with a temporary template while you still work on your high end template. The power creep is just quite high and for new / returning player the gap is really disheartening. I would propose a combination of nerfing some extreme gear creep a bit more while also improve the overall performance of crafted items. This way Kings armor + some expensive items + crafted pieces can get much closer to high end temps.
- Decrease the hots on curse BP to 3-4% and cursed gauntlets uses (heal down from 25% to 10% IP)
- Heal effectiveness not working on heal procs
- Don’t nerf the heal procs except the ones higher than 180. All higher value heal procs should be lowered to 180 and even ml10, epic dungeon breastplates/armor has a place again, lowering the prices of templates
- Allow for 2 procs to be combined on crafted pieces, must be different ones. This gives the epic dungeons reprocs also some more meaning, as a 80 heal + 150 mhb is quite useful. A Shield with omni reproc + dot reproc also seems interesting
- Add a 6 slot to crafted items that exclusively give TOA bonuses (melee haste, damage, style damage, dps, casting speed, damage, range, syphon, pierce magic). This way a combo of crafted armor + some high util items and king armor can get much closer to a high end temp

3) Templating is too complicated for new players
As a new player it must be so crazy confusing with all the new bonuses – stat bonus, cap to increase the maximum, other cap that can do the same but also has a double as high cap, cap that also gives stat bonus … and this is just for stats. It goes on in so many other areas.
- At this point in the game we could actually just make ALL cap increases into mystic cap + stats. This would be much less confusing and also helps to narrow down high end templates and budged temps
- We can be totally fine with +ALL melee (included dual wield), +ALL casting and bow skills, +ALL secondary skills (for example Stealth), ALL defensive (Parry, Shield)
- +myth resists should always be +increase + resists bonus
Make it just a lot easier to understand. This game has such a hard learning curve already, don’t make it even harder

Post edited by Adeera on

Comments

• edited October 2018 PM
    I have recently came back to the game after a long break, in doing so I made a new toon since I never played this toon in rvr and either way my gear is outdated on other toons.

I also am having a hard time with all the new gear and items and everything going on BUT if it wasn’t for my guild I would have nothing and be way lost.

There are nice and patient people still in this game that will help out a returning player.

I agree with everything but don’t make a mmo harder on yourself than it needs to be.

If there are raids I roll with a class that the gear may be outdated but works just fine. Hell I am running partial Kings gear to get by on my main but I am not out soloing either.
    Post edited by Quick on
  • I hope you didn't miss understood my post - 1 (more option to obtain items) 2 (alternatives to high end temps) 3 (reducing complexity of the complicated item bonus system)

These changes are supposed to help new / returning players to easier get access, have more options for budget temps and make the whole template bonuses a bit LESS complex
  • 1.) I think allowing the Cursed and Otherworldy gear to be purchased by alternate currency (Aurulite and/or Scales) would be the way to go. The traveling merchants, which allows direct purchase of high-end gear with plat, popping up seasonally is fine with me. The bounty craft system will be a great addition so long as they get rid of the 99% quality aspect.

2.) I agree that the gear disparity is quite large. This is why I think they should be toning down the procs of the new gear and not the old. Adding a second proc and ToA bonus to crafted gear would be great. I think implementing this for Masterpiece crafted items would be the best way.

3.) Designing a template can be tedious but there are a variety of tools available to help in this area. King's set is definitely okay to start out with if you're not solo.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/966/returning-player-feedback-rant
    We had a long discussion about it here not long ago, with a reply from Carol on page 2.
    Always listening and finding this thread and feedback very helpful. We do have a few changes planned, I just don't have details as of yet.

https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1296/pendragon-patch-1-125/p1
    On page 2 she confirmed that work is still in progress.
    @Vrisslar that's still the case, and in the works, was not aimed to be in 1.125 though, apologies for not being clear on that. I'll see if I can elaborate on more details on this for you in the meantime.