When will we get realm timers?

@Broadsword I really hope realm timers of at least one hour are coming back. I'm tired of logging on a realm and after a loss of a BG vs BG fight every logs off on to another realm and have 12 ppl defending relics vs 60. Plus all of the IRC grps switching to the realms with RP bonuses.

No realm pride = declining population

I'm tired of trying to defend my realm whilst people give up and switch to the winning side.

So why is there no realm timers? I'd like to know the answer as a paying customer before I decide to move on to Camelot Unchained.

Thank you.
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• When the RP population bonuses were being discussed I was trying to have them institute a "Realm Pride" system instead to passively reduce the numbers of players willing to realm hop.
  • Something needs to be done, its out of hand =(
  • I would be absolutely stoked for a graduated realm pride buff. Rewards are earned based on continual activity in a single realm (bonuses to xp/rps/bps/coin of course; I think it'd get too hairy if we start including ToA's or relic bonuses, or it could be fun).
  • I would be absolutely stoked for a graduated realm pride buff. Rewards are earned based on continual activity in a single realm (bonuses to xp/rps/bps/coin of course; I think it'd get too hairy if we start including ToA's or relic bonuses, or it could be fun).

I dont think that would be enough though. They just need to add a pvp timer, like if you earned any rps on one realm(bgs included) you cant switch for at least 30 minutes. PVE could still be free switching as long as you didnt earn any rps, Id be ok with something like that. The switching is so bad at times it literally kills action. Like the relic the other night, on one of the keep defenses we had like 8 mids inside lol. Where did they all go? And also the IRC groups hoping around kills the after bg action as well.
  • skeetz wrote: »
    I would be absolutely stoked for a graduated realm pride buff. Rewards are earned based on continual activity in a single realm (bonuses to xp/rps/bps/coin of course; I think it'd get too hairy if we start including ToA's or relic bonuses, or it could be fun).

I dont think that would be enough though. They just need to add a pvp timer, like if you earned any rps on one realm(bgs included) you cant switch for at least 30 minutes. PVE could still be free switching as long as you didnt earn any rps, Id be ok with something like that. The switching is so bad at times it literally kills action. Like the relic the other night, on one of the keep defenses we had like 8 mids inside lol. Where did they all go? And also the IRC groups hoping around kills the after bg action as well.

Yeah I agree that the realm hopping in general is pretty out of control. It was relatively fine when Ywain had a 7-9,000 population, but now when we barely push 800-1000 max, even a few groups swapping realms completely upsets the balance.

I know Broadsword has stated in the past they have no current plans on instituting a realm timer; however, It would be kind of nice, even if it was 10 minutes.

But something more feasible would be a graduated realm loyalty bonus that actually makes it MORE reward-able to stick with a single realm, regardless of imbalance, versus swapping realms.
  • a timer would be great----a realm pride rp buff would also be great----

realm pride was one of the things that made this game great, in the past
  • edited October 2018 PM
    I think a RP buff that increases as the longer you stay within a particular realm and resets back when you switch realms?
    Post edited by Rulother on
  • Doubtful that would work. At that point, most people dont care if they are receiving reduced rps as long as there is a much greater chance they always win/never die.

Setting a rvr lockout timer as @skeetz mentioned would be more in line. No more hopping to the larger zerg.
  • Absolutely agree with this. As it stands now someone in your own group can switch realms and give away plans to the enemy. The game was much better when you couldn't play another realm on the server at all. I understand with population that it is now necessary to be on one server but at least a 30 minute timer is needed.
  • If they can tell how long a toon has played game time wise, then a realm played shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. I may log on Mid or Alb toons but I’m usually(90%) playing in the battlegrounds.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    30$ USD to play only 33% of what’s left no thanks. Already barely playing as it is currently.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Def a supporter of Realm Pride - No idea how they would effectively implement it into Ywain.

But if a new server was ever to happen, even if it was seasonal. It is a must from my PoV.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    30$ USD to play only 33% of what’s left no thanks. Already barely playing as it is currently.

GL

This is, far and away, the most fraudulent argument on this topic, there are so many ways to ensure you can play what, where, and when you want you that take zero work for BS ,let alone many things they can do to make it even easier>; moreover, timers don't stop you from playing a realm, they stop you from hopping realm to realm in one session.

• Xyorman wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »

GL

This is, far and away, the most fraudulent argument on this topic, there are so many ways to ensure you can play what, where, and when you want you that take zero work for BS ,let alone many things they can do to make it even easier>; moreover, timers don't stop you from playing a realm, they stop you from hopping realm to realm in one session.

It might stop one account, but it would do nothing against multiple accounts.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

GL

It might stop one account, but it would do nothing against multiple accounts.

Very rare instance indeed where even one acct would be stopped -- delayed is even a stretch; there are simply too many ways to decide before you completely log in the game, and that is before BS has to do any additional programming to help soothe fears <real or imagined>

• edited October 2018 PM

GL

It's easy math when you pay them $30 USD for two accounts there is no reason to only play 33% of the game because of 'realm pride'.

If they end up making a classic ladder or season that is limited in duration then it makes sense to go with the classic realm timer that would prevent you from swapping.
    Post edited by Fateboi on

GL

It's easy math when you pay them $30 USD for two accounts there is no reason to only play 33% of the game because of 'realm pride'.

If they end up making a classic ladder or season that is limited in duration then it makes sense to go with the classic realm timer that would prevent you from swapping.

Again you're not ---- timers don't limit your choices overall, just hopping....

• My main concern with realm timers, would be cross-realm trades. If they added a mail system (which might be hard across realms), I would have no issue with realm timers at all.

In a 24 hour span, you should only be able to play 1 realm, I’m fine with that. Even a week I’m fine with. But for RvR zones only.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters

GL

No prob. If that is your only argument then BS should make it that way that ppl who switch realms get no rp for the next hour.
    Problem solved...
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    My main concern with realm timers, would be cross-realm trades. If they added a mail system (which might be hard across realms), I would have no issue with realm timers at all.

In a 24 hour span, you should only be able to play 1 realm, I’m fine with that. Even a week I’m fine with. But for RvR zones only.

The timer just needs to be RvR related, if you earn rps in one relam you cant switch right away when the tides turn. Would have no affect in trades. It doesnt even have to be if you log into an rvr zone, it just needs to be if you earned 1 single rp
  • skeetz wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    My main concern with realm timers, would be cross-realm trades. If they added a mail system (which might be hard across realms), I would have no issue with realm timers at all.

The timer just needs to be RvR related, if you earn rps in one relam you cant switch right away when the tides turn. Would have no affect in trades. It doesnt even have to be if you log into an rvr zone, it just needs to be if you earned 1 single rp

When discussed before, this was all that was asked for and it seemed very possible, what it would take to actually make happen <how difficult to code>, is the question I suppose...
  • I definitely like the idea that if you switch realms there is a delay in getting RPs. That way if someone wants to PVE (cursed raid for example) they can. It is frustrating to have people help set up an attack on a Keep and then switch to defend.
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Siambra wrote: »
    I definitely like the idea that if you switch realms there is a delay in getting RPs. That way if someone wants to PVE (cursed raid for example) they can. It is frustrating to have people help set up an attack on a Keep and then switch to defend.

I also find this idea to be a good compromise.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Nice idea. No rps after realmswitching. Lets say for 1h.