Getting more people on pendragon!

@Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword

Team - i will go to pen and i will be the only hib on sometimes so i have some ideas to promote testing.

First can we get a day in which a developer was on pendragon testing with us? Get one for euro and us prime times. Then raffle off a a few mithril packages or gtc’s to people actually testing.

People in general pay to play live not test so i think this might attract more testers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • @Carol_Broadsword and @Sepphiroth75
    all good ideas. But:
    There are DEFINATELLY not that much NERD testers anymore like in the former times who make testing for a game you pay for^^ That was strange to me ever since :-)

anyway:
    I just did some test on different chars (vw,thane,minstrel). see my coments due to that in the feedback 1.25 channels.

cheers
    Waldi
  • We have plans for testing events on Pendragon :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • We have plans for testing events on Pendragon :)

The kill Kenny one ! Bring it back !
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Learned my lesson like 3 years ago

• Ummm, how bout...

make pend free to play (only during testing of course, or everyone would just play there lol)
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    Ummm, how bout...

make pend free to play (only during testing of course, or everyone would just play there lol)

That is an interesting thought.
  • Considering it probably would be tested way more if it was free, im all for that idea.
  • Just turn off RP's on YWAIN during testing events -- problem solved
  • Says the guy with the 2nd most Rp in the game. :#
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Just turn off RP's on YWAIN during testing events -- problem solved
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    Says the guy with the 2nd most Rp in the game. :#

It would work and at this point in the game, who really cares about rps.

• I wouldn’t play anygame where they forced me to test. I don’t pay to play a game to test, I play for entertainment. Especially wouldn’t log into the game for the duration of said rp /off. No point unless im testing.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    I wouldn’t play anygame where they forced me to test. I don’t pay to play a game to test, I play for entertainment. Especially wouldn’t log into the game for the duration of said rp /off. No point unless im testing.

Hate to say it, but I agree. If this was f2p then I would agree that we all needed to pitch in and help, but I shouldn't have to test something I pay $15 a month for. Maybe if there was a nice reward for it...
    Jak wrote: »

All that's currently left in the game to care about is RP's.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

I take far more away winning a bg fight than how many RPS I made in the fight.

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Natebruner wrote: »

Just because that's your view, and even the view fo some, doesn't mean there aren't a large amount of players left whose primary concern are RP's. In any event, forcing people to test by shutting off RP's on Ywain would probably agitate quite a few.

I would prefer good fights, fights that may scale to almost even numbers on both sides. Throw in good numbers form Hib and I would be ecstatic. 3 way fights is what drew me to the game in the first place, or the potential for.

I will take that over rps any day.
  • Jak wrote: »
    I would prefer good fights, fights that may scale to almost even numbers on both sides. Throw in good numbers form Hib and I would be ecstatic. 3 way fights is what drew me to the game in the first place, or the potential for.

Who wouldn't prefer that? Of course there are many other reasons one would want to play for other than RP's, what I'm saying is that today and for a majority of recent years RP's have become the primary focus of a majority of players due to population decline, PVE campaign design, realm and class balance, etc.
    Natebruner wrote: »

Just because that's your view, and even the view fo some, doesn't mean there aren't a large amount of players left whose primary concern are RP's. In any event, forcing people to test by shutting off RP's on Ywain would probably agitate quite a few.

I'm not the one who stated :

"All that's currently left in the game to care about is RP's. "
    HERORIUS

• i renewed 3 accounts after a decade but got bored after 1 month and quit. 1.125 looks interesting but i'm not gonna spend 15€ just to try it. a come back campaign even if only for pend would be cool.

I'm fully aware of what both our positions are. You are free to disagree as am I but the fact everyone would see one realm go from dead to booming in the time it takes for a BG to reach a keep holding a relic, or BG's staying all night camping a ghost keep, or players switching in droves to whatever realm has the larger BG (the Herorius effect) goes far more to backup my position that yours. However, I will concede that I haven't been playing in months so who knows, perhaps that has all changed recently.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

I'm fully aware of what both our positions are. You are free to disagree as am I but the fact everyone would see one realm go from dead to booming in the time it takes for a BG to reach a keep holding a relic, or BG's staying all night camping a ghost keep, or players switching in droves to whatever realm has the larger BG (the Herorius effect) goes far more to backup my position that yours. However, I will concede that I haven't been playing in months so who knows, perhaps that has all changed recently.

Winning fights has driven up the population of Albion. But like you said you haven't been playing in months to know.
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

• edited October 2018 PM
    dbl
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

Who wouldn't prefer that? Of course there are many other reasons one would want to play for other than RP's, what I'm saying is that today and for a majority of recent years RP's have become the primary focus of a majority of players due to population decline, PVE campaign design, realm and class balance, etc.

You could make it so that testing on Pendragon provided tokens to the acct renewable for RP's in game ---carot and stick.

• Now thats a much better idea. Question for you @Xyorman have you tested at all since patch went to pendragon?
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

Winning fights has driven up the population of Albion. But like you said you haven't been playing in months to know.

Correction... Having the biggest zerg during American prime time has made many of the usual Mid zerg switch to Albion for easier RP's. Sure, there are many who are just looking for a good fight, but I don't think the majority of those players hop on the realm with the biggest zerg. If those players were really looking for a fun challenging fight then they would spread out so you could have 3 way even fights. Not all pool on whatever realm has the biggest zerg at the time.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
    You could make it so that testing on Pendragon provided tokens to the acct renewable for RP's in game ---carot and stick.

Then you'd have people complaining that they are being pressured to test given that the reward is something useful. It would be the same complaints seen when the testing bracer/ring (can't exactly remember) was the reward. I would take your idea and instead of reward RP's, reward some mithril. Not enough to purchase one of these brand new respecs or renames, but a small amount might provide incentive enough for more to test while also not reward something that is seen as "must have".

One realm having their population up doesn't mean that the behavior patterns I identified are no longer occurring. They may no longer be occurring but that's not what you said; it was just another realm-spam statement.

Then you'd have people complaining that they are being pressured to test given that the reward is something useful. It would be the same complaints seen when the testing bracer/ring (can't exactly remember) was the reward. I would take your idea and instead of reward RP's, reward some mithril. Not enough to purchase one of these brand new respecs or renames, but a small amount might provide incentive enough for more to test while also not reward something that is seen as "must have".

We have people working together for the benefit of game! Goodness gracious o:)

Keep it up..maybe some good ideas will get through!
  • I kinda wish there was a way so people like you @RonELuvv could, and many others could literally make everything even vs all realms and drop them in an open area like the bremere(sp) BG wide open so they can hash it out all even like. However, thats not possible, and probably will never happen.

Nothing in this game is ever going to be even. I have seen lesser numbers kill larger, I do it in a 3man all the time. I’ve side carted Nate’s BG and raked in 100’s of thousands of realm points a night. Thing is just having realm loyalty. That I believe is a large issue we have such a lopsided fight on any realm depending on where the sun sets.

They can fix that w/a timer or even ramp the RP gain for any given account that has been loyal to one realm for x amount of time. I see that a large incentive for any reason to stop the flopping of realms. That will balance some, but even then will it really be even?

GL
  • I Think RP's accrued on Pen transferred to the Ywain-copied toon might incentivise people, somewhat.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    I kinda wish there was a way so people like you @RonELuvv could, and many others could literally make everything even vs all realms and drop them in an open area like the bremere(sp) BG wide open so they can hash it out all even like. However, thats not possible, and probably will never happen.

Nothing in this game is ever going to be even. I have seen lesser numbers kill larger, I do it in a 3man all the time. I’ve side carted Nate’s BG and raked in 100’s of thousands of realm points a night. Thing is just having realm loyalty. That I believe is a large issue we have such a lopsided fight on any realm depending on where the sun sets.

They can fix that w/a timer or even ramp the RP gain for any given account that has been loyal to one realm for x amount of time. I see that a large incentive for any reason to stop the flopping of realms. That will balance some, but even then will it really be even?

GL

I couldn't agree more with your statement @Snaillyn. No change will "even" the realms. My point was directed at @Natebruner saying that winning fights has driven the population on Albion and that him and others just want fun fights, which he is right to a degree on. All that has happened is the population (zerg) shifted from Mid to Albion during American prime time. That's all that happened. Most casual players will flock to whatever realm has the biggest zerg, so for @Jak or Nate to say they want fun fair fights is kind of disingenuous if they play on the realm with the biggest zerg, as they are just making the same problem only on another realm.

As much as I would love to see some sort of realm pride timer or a reward for not switching realms, I really don't see that happening because most people want to log in, never die, and earn a bunch of rp's while spamming 1-2 abilities. Hence the reason that people play on whoever has the biggest zerg. I don't see how you combat that.
  • Nothing I say is disingenuous and that is quite a sweeping statement considering the fact you know nothing about what my playstyle is. The population implbalnce had been an issue for a very long time.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I kinda wish there was a way so people like you @RonELuvv could, and many others could literally make everything even vs all realms and drop them in an open area like the bremere(sp) BG wide open so they can hash it out all even like. However, thats not possible, and probably will never happen.

GL

I couldn't agree more with your statement @Snaillyn. No change will "even" the realms. My point was directed at @Natebruner saying that winning fights has driven the population on Albion and that him and others just want fun fights, which he is right to a degree on. All that has happened is the population (zerg) shifted from Mid to Albion during American prime time. That's all that happened. Most casual players will flock to whatever realm has the biggest zerg, so for @Jak or Nate to say they want fun fair fights is kind of disingenuous if they play on the realm with the biggest zerg, as they are just making the same problem only on another realm.

As much as I would love to see some sort of realm pride timer or a reward for not switching realms, I really don't see that happening because most people want to log in, never die, and earn a bunch of rp's while spamming 1-2 abilities. Hence the reason that people play on whoever has the biggest zerg. I don't see how you combat that.

Just because you don't see a way doesn't mean that there shouldn't be steps taken; there are always ways it's a matter of priority and patience...
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Now thats a much better idea. Question for you @Xyorman have you tested at all since patch went to pendragon?

For this patch -- nope; have for most of the patches, but I am disillusioned, frankly, with the state of the game and the priorities/choices as to changes being made or not made...

Post edited by Xyorman on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Maybe if there was a nice reward for it...

If you refer to the patch notes there might be a reward for active participants or players who submit decent feedback.
  • Koe wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    Maybe if there was a nice reward for it...

If you refer to the patch notes there might be a reward for active participants or players who submit decent feedback.

Define decent....

• I hve already found a bug with aug toughness not working! I am expecting a statue of the mighty sepphiroth in the str relic town!