Official forums or not?

2»

Comments

• Sovereign wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Your old bg should have been studying and improving gameplay/strategy vs Xyorman Mid bg. Running to the middle of EV to wipe while getting the buggane everyday just wasn't smart play. Didn't you quit with Rescu awhile back?

Another statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion but instead tries to draw some kind of emotional reaction.

Sure it does- we were discussing ignoring if you read along. You can't ignore what is taking place or history simply repeats itself. The only mistake xyorman made was not throwing rescu a bone every now and then. Just constant beatdowns caused that bg to fold and quit.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Sure it does- we were discussing ignoring if you read along. You can't ignore what is taking place or history simply repeats itself. The only mistake xyorman made was not throwing rescu a bone every now and then. Just constant beatdowns caused that bg to fold and quit.

If you want to go that route, your argument would only hold water if the official forum was designed with the primary purpose of bettering one's play which, I feel fairly safe in stating, that is not the sole or primary purpose of the forum.

If you want to go that route, your argument would only hold water if the official forum was designed with the primary purpose of bettering one's play which, I feel fairly safe in stating, that is not the sole or primary purpose of the forum.

Yes the route I choose to take is to improve others gameplay. Some may resort to quitting.. but hey .. to each his own.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Yes the route I choose to take is to improve others gameplay. Some may resort to quitting.. but hey .. to each his own.

Exactly, to each their own, some of which do not need to wade through spam-like threads to get to whatever information they are seeking. That is the entire argument, that spam-like threads make it difficult for people to find any other information they are seeking. I'm not commenting on the validity or sincerity of your motives, merely that the amount of spam-like threads may warrant a reorganization for those types of threads.
  • Keep the realm banter to their own threads. Any posts derailing and distracting from issues/discussion will be removed by the mods.

What do you mean by the ignore function? I think what's there is it but does it not actually ignore?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited October 2018 PM

Keep the realm banter to their own threads. Any posts derailing and distracting from issues/discussion will be removed by the mods.

What do you mean by the ignore function? I think what's there is it but does it not actually ignore?

Derailing and distracting -- have you read all this nonsensical bashing, baiting and provocation? And yet..what?
    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • Keep the realm banter to their own threads. Any posts derailing and distracting from issues/discussion will be removed by the mods.

Currently if you have someone on ignore it grays out their name and responses are not viewable. In this instance yes it ignores the poster but topics he/she creates appear on the boards. If the ignore option would not show topics by someone who is ignored then this could be a viable option to those who don't want to see spam/clutter. Or just have a filter option to not see topics created by specific poster/s.
  • I have to agree with Sovereign here. I have no issue with this content on the boards by any means. But at this point this board is completely non-functional for me. I was happy to see this forum created so I didn't have to wade through this stuff on post count to get to useful info, feedback, questions, or criticisms.

If I was looking to find random people poorly trash talking each other about a video game I'd be happy to navigate to a board for that purpose.
  • If Nate didn’t post, these boards would be a ghost town, at least he starts a post and it has content in it. I rarely watch the vids, but definitely check the post for drama. Let the dood do what he wants, you dont have to post or comment.
  • Xyorman wrote: »

Keep the realm banter to their own threads. Any posts derailing and distracting from issues/discussion will be removed by the mods.

Derailing and distracting -- have you read all this nonsensical bashing, baiting and provocation? And yet..what?

Nada
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    but definitely check the post for drama.

so you come to the official forums for your daily drama dose, pretty much the answer the OP wanted.

Post edited by tald on
  • Is that not what the boards are for, general information/game drama. Im not here for anything but entertainment, same with the game. Dont get me wrong, its not “that” entertaining anyway. Mostly a time killer.

GL
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    Is that not what the boards are for, general information/game drama. Im not here for anything but entertainment, same with the game. Dont get me wrong, its not “that” entertaining anyway. Mostly a time killer.

GL

if this was Postcount, sure. This is the official forums of DAoC. And yet it's turned into Nate's personal daily blog. Hardly official by any means.
  • without nates videos this board would be dead, also it shows actual game play footage and gives people an idea of how the zerg/action are on a pretty frequent basis. I see nothing wrong with it not like anyone else is posting anything on this board it might be different if there was actual information being posted here.
  • They funneled the people that were non-playing garbage downers on the game. Thats the only thing the offical boards did. Separated the non-players with active players.
  • Videos are one thing but it is beyond just mere banter at this point
  • Beetleguisse, let me know if you need anything on mid line sc’ing or weapon crafting
  • edited October 2018 PM
    if the enemy would win more than 1 fight a week- we wouldn't have so many vids lol

Not true at all. You posted as many vids as now when you were starting this thing up and you lost more than you won. I remember reading your first posts about how you would complain about mid #'s and how they would sit in keeps. Now you do the same. Also, I haven't watched a single video you have posted and your zerg has never killled me. I don't care what you do, but don't say if the enemy would win more than 1 fight a week there wouldn't be as many videos. That is a lie.

Once again, I don't mind you posting videos. As others have stated, I just get tired of seeing topics I actually want to read get pushed down on the 50 videos Nate posted in separate threads to show off how he won a fight with a 100+ person zerg. I would be equally upset of Herorius or Xyorman did it. Something neither of them have done even though both have been running zergs FAR longer than Nate. Congratulations Nate! You have made Xyorman and Herorius look classy. Something I never thought I would see.

Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • You guys know he only makes one thread per event, right? At worst that'd be 5 threads a week. If he happens to have multiple encounters in a single event they're all attached within one thread, not spread out into five different threads. I can hardly say that making a single new thread, even daily, is "spamming" the boards.

Besides, it's the reaction comments by those affected by nate that are the issue here. Why are there those of you out there that absolutely feel compelled to reply? Why do you even watch the videos? The "rage replies" are what exacerbate the threads.

Nate posts 1-4/5 videos, in a single thread, with a single sentence title depicting the fight. What follow's is the communities fault, not his,

Spam? Hardly.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    He may only post one thread per event, but no matter the topic posted, no matter who post it, he seems to pop up in a conversation talking about how great he is, how awesome his style is. How he runs over everyone. I still checked postcount for drama, but i thought these forums would avoid that. I'd like to be able to read patch notes one day without seeing a comment about, well if Minstrels get ST, then we will still run Hero or Xyorman over... they don't come out of keeps because we are too good.. blah blah blah...

I play all realms. I play what ever i care to play on a given night. Thats the glory of this game for me. But lately, my playstyle is determined by where i can play with the least amount of drama and loudmouths who need their ego stroked. I'd love an informational forum like that too.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on

This is not banter. This is outright baiting, from saying some like to improve their game play while others quit; that is directed at a person, there is nothing there that is constructive nor improving ones game play.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    if the enemy would win more than 1 fight a week- we wouldn't have so many vids lol

Not true at all. You posted as many vids as now when you were starting this thing up and you lost more than you won. I remember reading your first posts about how you would complain about mid #'s and how they would sit in keeps. Now you do the same. Also, I haven't watched a single video you have posted and your zerg has never killled me. I don't care what you do, but don't say if the enemy would win more than 1 fight a week there wouldn't be as many videos. That is a lie.

Once again, I don't mind you posting videos. As others have stated, I just get tired of seeing topics I actually want to read get pushed down on the 50 videos Nate posted in separate threads to show off how he won a fight with a 100+ person zerg. I would be equally upset of Herorius or Xyorman did it. Something neither of them have done even though both have been running zergs FAR longer than Nate. Congratulations Nate! You have made Xyorman and Herorius look classy. Something I never thought I would see.

World Champion Houston Astros Lost
    Houston Rockets Lost
    Alb Nation Lost

There are no videos from last night. How hard is that to understand? Win more fights and you won't see the vids from our side.
    HERORIUS

• He plays a hib ranger mainly and solo's 99% of the time. Its not about his side, your side, or any side. Its the fact that it is increasingly hard to go to a post or link within this site and not see some hype or propaganda. Some like it. Some hate it. I have adjusted to it. I just stopped reading the forums altogether nearly as often as i used to.
  • Funny, when Nate left the Mighty Mid BG to help run Alb Nation, the once proud members in blue now hate that he's wearing red. It seems people are upset not by what he posts, just by what side he is on now. His content hasn't changed, only his allegiance has.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Its not hate. Ive ran with his bg. Ive ran with it while he was playing mid. Ive ran with it since he's been on alb as well. My complaint is that threads are derailed, period. I don't care if he does it, or if anyone else does it. Thats why i try to avoid PC totally now. Every thread is derailed by the "you won't show me your picture" crap, and i decided to avoid it. I started leaning on the official forums more for info, and its turning into the same thing. Both sides sling crap, but Nate is just better at it, or apparently has more time to do it. If Hero came into every thread i try to read and spewed constant sh*t about how great he is.. or how he's lead better than anyone in the history of the world, i'd get fed up just as quickly.
  • Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

Is this DAoC "official" forums or Nate's personal ego blog? Seriously. This isn't postcount. Does BS care what example is being set here? Every single day a post from him.
    Imagine a new player (rare I know) comes here and sees this garbage, what do you think will happen? If it were me I'd be turned off by the lack of control here and the nonstop spam from one individual....

I'm a new player, and his active posting is what has kept me around so far. Gives me a little hope that I will be able to find, and participate in, RvR.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Funny, when Nate left the Mighty Mid BG to help run Alb Nation, the once proud members in blue now hate that he's wearing red. It seems people are upset not by what he posts, just by what side he is on now. His content hasn't changed, only his allegiance has.

There are several different observable motives in the discussion. Personal dislike of an individual should be dismissed as well as proposed intent of spam-like threads in question. The issue I'm drawing attention to is that the amount of spam-like threads covering the same topic makes it difficult for people to get to other topics and sources of information they might be looking for on an official forum. People arguing that individuals should be allowed to continue to post are missing the point that the proposed solution is in no way preventing thread-spammers from posting, merely suggesting the creation of a new area for these types of threads. By further organizing the board, people looking for meaningful discussions and information will be able to go to that section quickly without having to wade through so much spam. People seeking drama and more casual realm banter can then go to that designated area to get their fill. This idea that breaking up these two groups would kill the board is non-sensical since no one is being prohibited from posting.
  • Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

Is this DAoC "official" forums or Nate's personal ego blog? Seriously. This isn't postcount. Does BS care what example is being set here? Every single day a post from him.
    Imagine a new player (rare I know) comes here and sees this garbage, what do you think will happen? If it were me I'd be turned off by the lack of control here and the nonstop spam from one individual....

I'm a new player, and his active posting is what has kept me around so far. Gives me a little hope that I will be able to find, and participate in, RvR.

HERORIUS

• +1 @Sovereign

For all i care, you could call the new board King of the World, EPEEN central. There is a fan base, i will not deny that. But for every one who loves that stuff, there are just as many who dislike it.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    He plays a hib ranger mainly and solo's 99% of the time. Its not about his side, your side, or any side. Its the fact that it is increasingly hard to go to a post or link within this site and not see some hype or propaganda. Some like it. Some hate it. I have adjusted to it. I just stopped reading the forums altogether nearly as often as i used to.

Exactly! I solo most of the time so none of this effects me. The only reason I'm annoyed is that any time I log on the forums to read what's going on all I see is Nate videos and his chest thumping. Would Nate and everyone defending Nate do the same if Stealth Legends, the Nexxron stealth zerg, or LA did the same? I don't think so.
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Funny, when Nate left the Mighty Mid BG to help run Alb Nation, the once proud members in blue now hate that he's wearing red. It seems people are upset not by what he posts, just by what side he is on now. His content hasn't changed, only his allegiance has.

Odd, I don't ever recall seeing videos by Nate when he ran with the Mid BG. The only videos I saw of Nate prior to him running the zerg was when he was multi-boxing (cheating) and doing his reaver bomb group. Even those were only once a week or so.

There are several different observable motives in the discussion. Personal dislike of an individual should be dismissed as well as proposed intent of spam-like threads in question. The issue I'm drawing attention to is that the amount of spam-like threads covering the same topic makes it difficult for people to get to other topics and sources of information they might be looking for on an official forum. People arguing that individuals should be allowed to continue to post are missing the point that the proposed solution is in no way preventing thread-spammers from posting, merely suggesting the creation of a new area for these types of threads. By further organizing the board, people looking for meaningful discussions and information will be able to go to that section quickly without having to wade through so much spam. People seeking drama and more casual realm banter can then go to that designated area to get their fill. This idea that breaking up these two groups would kill the board is non-sensical since no one is being prohibited from posting.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! I have no personal issues with Nate. Never played with the guy, but I personally think its great that all 3 realms are back to having a zerg leader to get behind. I only complain about the spam in threads. I don't even fully blame Nate for this. BS should be putting in other sections of sections of forums so people like me, who don't want to see the whole chest thumping, don't have to scroll through countless videos and posts by one person just to find a topic I'm interested in.

Odd, I don't ever recall seeing videos by Nate when he ran with the BG. The only videos I saw of Nate prior to him running the zerg was when he was multi-boxing (cheating) and doing his reaver bomb group. Even those were only once a week or so.

I think what they may be referring to are the screenshots he would post. He wasn't quite into vids at the time because he didn't want to reveal the mechanics he was abusing but it was the same purpose. To feed his ego, demoralize his "enemies", recruit players to join his side. Slightly different tool but same purpose.
    He plays a hib ranger mainly and solo's 99% of the time. Its not about his side, your side, or any side. Its the fact that it is increasingly hard to go to a post or link within this site and not see some hype or propaganda. Some like it. Some hate it. I have adjusted to it. I just stopped reading the forums altogether nearly as often as i used to.

Exactly! I solo most of the time so none of this effects me. The only reason I'm annoyed is that any time I log on the forums to read what's going on all I see is Nate videos and his chest thumping. Would Nate and everyone defending Nate do the same if Stealth Legends, the Nexxron stealth zerg, or LA did the same? I don't think so.

Odd, I don't ever recall seeing videos by Nate when he ran with the Mid BG. The only videos I saw of Nate prior to him running the zerg was when he was multi-boxing (cheating) and doing his reaver bomb group. Even those were only once a week or so.

HERORIUS

HERORIUS

• Said person didn't post vids cause I don't believe he ran the bg on Mid. We have several, very skilled leaders who do that already and have for a very long time. I can't remember ever running in a bg that was lead by someone who ever posted how awesome they were and the wins were because of them. As for being MA (from the video posted above), Mid has always had strong ma's and again, if I remember correctly, these videos are of a certain person who ran ma on Saturdays, when the regular ma's took a day off.

Good leaders, lead by example and realize it is a team effort.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Jak wrote: »
    Said person didn't post vids cause I don't believe he ran the bg on Mid. We have several, very skilled leaders who do that already and have for a very long time. I can't remember ever running in a bg that was lead by someone who ever posted how awesome they were and the wins were because of them. As for being MA (from the video posted above), Mid has always had strong ma's and again, if I remember correctly, these videos are of a certain person who ran ma on Saturdays, when the regular ma's took a day off.

Good leaders, lead by example and realize it is a team effort.

I only played Midgard on Saturdays after I switched to Albion.
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

• edited October 2018 PM
    I'm confused @Natebruner. I never said you didn't have videos of when you ran with the Mid BG, I was trying to say you never posted videos like you do now that you are running the Albion BG. I'm on these forums all the time. You never posted videos day in and day out like you do now that you are running the zerg on Albion. Now as @Jak pointed out, maybe that was because you were not leading the Mid zerg, but rather just joining in.
    I'm confused @Natebruner. I never said you didn't have videos of when you ran with the Mid BG, I was trying to say you never posted videos like you do now that you are running the Albion BG. I'm on these forums all the time. You never posted videos day in and day out like you do now that you are running the zerg on Albion. Now as @Jak pointed out, maybe that was because you were not leading the Mid zerg, but rather just joining in.

You're getting bogged down in the weeds. As I said in an earlier statement, he might not've been posting videos to the same degree but he was posting screenshots. Those screenshots were the precursor to the videos we see today and served the same purpose. It doesn't matter what specific form they took, the spam-like nature of them is the reoccurring problem. Now on Postcount, that's an unofficial forum and shouldn't necessarily be held to the same standards as an official forum. Because of the difference in nature between the forums, these spam-threads should be located in a different area on the official forums.
    RonELuvv wrote: »

You're getting bogged down in the weeds. As I said in an earlier statement, he might not've been posting videos to the same degree but he was posting screenshots. Those screenshots were the precursor to the videos we see today and served the same purpose. It doesn't matter what specific form they took, the spam-like nature of them is the reoccurring problem. Now on Postcount, that's an unofficial forum and shouldn't necessarily be held to the same standards as an official forum. Because of the difference in nature between the forums, these spam-threads should be located in a different area on the official forums.

Sure brought up the alb population- that's for sure.
    HERORIUS

Also has nothing to do with the topic - that's for sure.

Also has nothing to do with the topic - that's for sure.

Videos were brought up-- so reread for the win
    HERORIUS

Yes, the word video was mentioned. it wasn't mentioned so that the topic could be steered towards another realm spam or self back patting thread.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

Yes, the word video was mentioned. it wasn't mentioned so that the topic could be steered towards another realm spam or self back patting thread.

Those of us that currently play the game and have success playing the game …. can do that.
    HERORIUS

• edited October 2018 PM
    Those of us that currently play the game and have success playing the game …. can do that.

Again, derailing and hijacking of threads for personal self-gratification while employing petty passive aggressive tones only further reinforces the idea that the board should be reorganized to streamline the ability for players to get to the type of content they are seeking, be it "look at me" threads or threads of content.
    Post edited by Sovereign on

Again, derailing and hijacking of threads for personal self-gratification while employing petty passive aggressive tones only further reinforces the idea that the board should be reorganized to streamline the ability for players to get to the type of content they are seeking, be it "look at me" threads or threads of content.

If you don't like it.. don't open it. Not that hard lol
    HERORIUS

• edited October 2018 PM

This counter has already been addressed. Simply not opening one of these spam threads doesn't change the fact that the amount of these spam threads that populate the board makes it difficult for players to locate other threads on topics they may be interested in.

Spam is spam for a reason, simply not opening spam doesn't alleviate the annoyance of having to wade through them for what you are looking for.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

This counter has already been addressed. Simply not opening one of these spam threads doesn't change the fact that the amount of these spam threads that populate the board makes it difficult for players to locate other threads on topics they may be interested in.

Spam is spam for a reason, simply not opening spam doesn't alleviate the annoyance of having to wade through them for what you are looking for.

Not spam to most. Folks enjoy watching the battles that still PLAY THE GAME. lol
    Some follow me on youtube just to make sure they don't miss out on anything.
    For someone who quit you sure worried about DAOC "spam" here
    HERORIUS

• OK this has run it's course. Thank you to all for your feedback and every word will be considered.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
This discussion has been closed.