Realm Respec Restrictions

New in Patch 1.125
Realm respec stones can now only be /used twice daily.

This is not enough for me (and all the other players) !!!

I have to respec several times a day, because I often have to switch between solo, smallgroup and full group.
Every new situation needs a specialization. BS please rework this. For example you can make a 10 minutes timer.

Skalinger

Comments

• I too respec RA's depending on if I'm solo vs grouped. The two daily shouldn't hinder too much, but it'd be preferred if they could put it on a timer versus daily usage amount.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Need a realm Timer switch far more than a silly RA respec restriction
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Play a different toon. They aren’t changing this. This is a GREAT fix.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Pretty sure you are resetting RA for bowtown skal...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Good change keep it restricted so those abusing will play like the rest of us
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Play a different toon. They aren’t changing this. This is a GREAT fix.

Yeah it's definitely needed, nothing worse than beating a player and having them show up 3 minutes later fully reset with all abilities up.

It really won't have much of an impact on me that I can see, but wanted to state I could see a 10-15min re-use timer being efficient as well.
  • This is the Clausterphobia fix
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • I read this as if a respec stone can be used 2x, instead of just once. Guessing this isn't the case?
  • edited October 2018 PM
    I could see where maybe 1 out of 10 players could have a legit issue with these restrictions, but the good it does in not allowing people to reset timers on RA's FAR outweighs the tiny fraction of players that might be hurt by this. Sorry @UebelsteSorte, but I would suggest making and using multiple toons instead of changing one toon from solo to group multiple times in a day. You get 2 respecs. So you go out solo, decide to group (respec), then later go back to solo (respec) and you are still fine. If you switch back again then I would say that is your problem, not ours.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • why not make the subsequent ones (in that day) exponentially more expensive? that way you can respec 2 times at almost no cost, but then anything beyond that is 1 plat then 5 plat then 20 plat or soemthing
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Who would have foreseen a timer on respecs back when it took a lucky /random to get a stone after a dragon kill?
    Though my account(s) remain closed my input on this is: do not put any restriction on respecs. In fact, make them available without the stones and available anywhere, anytime.
    Why not?
  • why not make the subsequent ones (in that day) exponentially more expensive? that way you can respec 2 times at almost no cost, but then anything beyond that is 1 plat then 5 plat then 20 plat or soemthing

How would you do that? Most people buy them with dragon scales or buy them on housing. They don't purchase them from an NPC.
  • I've played whole day solo w/ DI3 specced. I don't think this will be that bad.
    ~Westies
  • thought you could only post on these forums if you were active
  • Cartoan wrote: »
    Who would have foreseen a timer on respecs back when it took a lucky /random to get a stone after a dragon kill?
    Though my account(s) remain closed my input on this is: do not put any restriction on respecs. In fact, make them available without the stones and available anywhere, anytime.
    Why not?

Do you understand why? and why people are abusing them?
  • 47el wrote: »
    thought you could only post on these forums if you were active

I believe it's having a subscribed account, not necessarily being active with it. My accounts go down on the 21st so it will be interesting to see if it is working as intended or not.
  • I think every single comment on this thread is spot on.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    the easier fix is -> after a realm respec is used all timers are immediately on cool down

this way you don't need any use restriction but the abuse is gone
    Post edited by Adeera on
  • That is so stupid. Only zergplayer sign up here. They never have to respec. Broadsword and the players from albion and hibernia, do not know how hard it is to play on midgard. Midgard does not have many good players or irc-groups.
    If i can find a group, then not for long (10 - 60 min) and i have to run solo again. Every time the Skald needs to change SOS IP DET PURGE PARRY MELOS and so on. Twice a day isnt enough!!!!

PS: Thank you BS for nerfing the skald and the last good class in midgard the spiritmaster!
    Why dosent get the cabalist the same nerf????????????????

Vote: Give Runenmaster ST and uninterruptable clawspam while moving!!!
  • ....how hard it is on Midgard.... :D :D :D
  • Adeera wrote: »
    the easier fix is -> after a realm respec is used all timers are immediately on cool down

^
  • That is so stupid. Only zergplayer sign up here. They never have to respec. Broadsword and the players from albion and hibernia, do not know how hard it is to play on midgard. Midgard does not have many good players or irc-groups.
    If i can find a group, then not for long (10 - 60 min) and i have to run solo again. Every time the Skald needs to change SOS IP DET PURGE PARRY MELOS and so on. Twice a day isnt enough!!!!

PS: Thank you BS for nerfing the skald and the last good class in midgard the spiritmaster!
    Why dosent get the cabalist the same nerf????????????????

Vote: Give Runenmaster ST and uninterruptable clawspam while moving!!!

Are you saying the cabbies is better off than the Skald? lol, but I do agree, nerf vamps.
  • I think the best compromise is to place all realm abilities on their respective cool down timer when they are trained. Then, you're only inconvenienced for 15 minutes at most.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Instead of holding respecs to a specific number could we instead put a time limit on it? Maybe 1 per hour?
  • Adeera wrote: »

Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Adeera wrote: »