Static Tempest

Why do hibs and albs get two static tempest classes while mid only gets 1? There aren't enough thanes reliably to depend on them for static tempests in the BG. Mids need a second class with static tempest. Have you guys @John_Broadsword not been watching keep fights lately? Mids have been getting owned by static tempests by albs on the rails and in the lord room. Not to mention you could fix how traps are killing defenders in the lord room when the albs cast them under the steps. Whole zergs are dying to traps and static tempests without much muscle. Its just a rinse and repeat strategy. Can't get past the pbaoe in the lord room. NP... just set traps underneath them and watch them explode and go take the keep and the lord. Or want to take the rails. Lets drop some static tempests and push the defenders into the lord room. There is no advantage to being a defender in a keep or tower fight. Its all the attacker's advantage now. Something has to be done and not added because the mids don't have enough numbers to defend US prime time.

Comments

• The fact that people are asking for more Static Tempests shows how powerful this RA is. Honestly it needs removed from the game not added.
  • Yea. No more ST is needed. Especially minstrels who will then take stealth groups in alb to a whole new level of stupid. I’d rather they just not add anymore ST to the game than to give it to another class in each realm
  • Pigleto wrote: »
    Why do hibs and albs get two static tempest classes while mid only gets 1? There aren't enough thanes reliably to depend on them for static tempests in the BG. Mids need a second class with static tempest. Have you guys @John_Broadsword not been watching keep fights lately? Mids have been getting owned by static tempests by albs on the rails and in the lord room. Not to mention you could fix how traps are killing defenders in the lord room when the albs cast them under the steps. Whole zergs are dying to traps and static tempests without much muscle. Its just a rinse and repeat strategy. Can't get past the pbaoe in the lord room. NP... just set traps underneath them and watch them explode and go take the keep and the lord. Or want to take the rails. Lets drop some static tempests and push the defenders into the lord room. There is no advantage to being a defender in a keep or tower fight. Its all the attacker's advantage now. Something has to be done and not added because the mids don't have enough numbers to defend US prime time.

Wasn't that long ago Crysta made a post on postcount talking about ALB leadership and no ALBS being around to fight. Midgard got the fights they were looking for.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • And I'm happy with that Nate. Weekend's were getting old. Now we have something to fight.
  • I don't want this to be a **** show thread. I just want to talk about the topic here. I know you been beating our asses Nate. Its just going to get worse for us now that minis are getting static tempest. Its not built for defenders anymore to hold out in the lord room while the attackers push to try gain ground. Now everything is to the attackers advantage including trapping under the stairs and putting static tempests on the rails and the lord room thus mitigating a keep defense making it harmless. I'm also not too please about sorcs getting mass gateway when they have so many toys an abilities but I understand why BS is doing it
  • Everytime my healing friars drop an st they die .
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• ST in stealth fights, lol rip mid and hib stealth grps

misnt drop ST and pop AM geee gee lol

glad im on alb I suppose ! :p
  • The only way broadsword will listen is if people send in feedback. Please do so.
  • ST on a mini? This is a joke, yes? That was all skalds asked for 2-3yrs ago.
    Minis - They climb and stealth - you really need to rethink (or remember this) this....

• Great idea for minis to have st finally Albs have a toon that can push into a Lord room without insta dieing.
    Mids and hibs have two armoured classes for years that have been using it see no reason why alb cannot get it.
    I would maybe suggest that it cannot be used if the mini is trained in stealth I would also like to see the mini get a reduction on the 5 sec aoe mez its too high at moment it should be 2.5 sec again make it available to mini if not specced in stealth.
  • st for ice wizards 2019 !
  • No climber/stealther should have ST - that's completely ridiculous. Give it to someone else with out AOE
  • Like giving it to a champ is not rediculous give me a break lol
  • Just scrap adding anymore st to the game
  • Brut wrote: »
    Great idea for minis to have st finally Albs have a toon that can push into a Lord room without insta dieing.
    Mids and hibs have two armoured classes for years that have been using it see no reason why alb cannot get it.
    I would maybe suggest that it cannot be used if the mini is trained in stealth I would also like to see the mini get a reduction on the 5 sec aoe mez its too high at moment it should be 2.5 sec again make it available to mini if not specced in stealth.

Hate to break it to ya, but anyone who goes into a camped anywhere to drop an ST dies -- unless they can now phase shift and sos, ya know, like a Minstrel -- but I guess that is ok.

• BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Just scrap adding anymore st to the game

• Having to push on a Friar (one of the main Healers) and drop an ST sucks for Alb. You don’t do that on Hib/Mid. Wasting vauleable RA points, and dying, hurts your group a lot.

But that being said, they might need to remove it from Friars.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited October 2018 PM
    if friars die just because they are st'ing they need to firnd a new class to play, or probably a new game

st is 1500 range insta cast, same range as most all mez roots stuns and nukes (which people have to stop and cast not just insta)

if friars are dieing droping st's, its a severe lack of intelligence problem, not a class problem
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Ridiculous change. Giving it to a character who can SOS into a fight, reach the backfield where the healers and ranged casters are, ST and phase-shift back out is ****.
  • My suggestion (sent in as feedback a few times now) was to remove ST from Mentalists and Friars, then add ST to Paladins for consistency between all three realms (non-charge / non-stoicism melee class). Now that we have two ST classes in Alb and Hib, it would only be fair to add a second ST class in Mid. I personally have no input on which Mid class would be best for this. However, I still feel that my original suggestion would be the better approach.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Worst patch ever. Good job nerfing mids while boosting a team that not hurting anywhere and unless you've been under a rock lately, kicking everyone's ass nightly but hey, guess mods play alb
  • wizards don't got much we got 1 lil gimpy form of cc everyone purges

let get the st on wizards ! ;p
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Worst patch ever. Good job nerfing mids while boosting a team that not hurting anywhere and unless you've been under a rock lately, kicking everyone's ass nightly but hey, guess mods play alb

Broadsword can't control how many people log onto a realm b/c they enjoying zerging with certain people.

Even #'s and albion needed a 2nd ST class.

The last person who needed ST was a champion who AOE debuffs with WOC.
    HERORIUS

Worst patch ever. Good job nerfing mids while boosting a team that not hurting anywhere and unless you've been under a rock lately, kicking everyone's ass nightly but hey, guess mods play alb

Please explain in what way is Midgard "Nerfed"?

You are in possession of arguably the strongest CC/Heal class in the game. You have two high dps charge tanks, you have a control class that can disease/poison/heal/buff shear/root(AE), you have a pet class with 5 independently attacking pets, you have strong hybrid classes...

This is a completely baseless whine post. Move along.
  • You don't make changes based on who is currently winning.

It should be based upon all things equal. ALbion has been in the WORST position for dropping ST's across the realms.
    HERORIUS

• One issue Albion has is ST. So. You have some of the best classes in the game. And you're about to get more loven. Mid got horrible race choices/to characters, Thane nerf, and a few other things I can't recall atm. Point being, does Albs need another DI class? Maybe, but minstrels are the worst idea for that. Whats fair and balanced isn't what you see Nate and you know it.
    One issue Albion has is ST. So. You have some of the best classes in the game. And you're about to get more loven. Mid got horrible race choices/to characters, Thane nerf, and a few other things I can't recall atm. Point being, does Albs need another DI class? Maybe, but minstrels are the worst idea for that. Whats fair and balanced isn't what you see Nate and you know it.

YOU VOTED ON RACE CHOICES.....

Thanes with ST > HEAL FRIARS WITH ST

You folks gotta quit thinking about USA primetime mids getting their butts kicked and more about if things were equal what is needed. ALBION has struggled with ST's.
    HERORIUS

• I didn't vote for the race choices cause they were horrible
  • Give it to maulers. Strip it from 1 class in hib. Preferably mentalists. Then bam. Everyone has equal access and might get more maulers out in rvr. So glad I just thought of this perfect solution!
  • Only people playing maulers are at Trelle
    HERORIUS

• alb has struggled since the last patch healers getting speed was a game changer it fundamentally changed the utility and make up of mid groups Albs have been paying the price ever since.
    The other change that totally changed game play was the vamp and enchanter changes very overpowered changes that have messed up realm balance again alb payed the price.
    Bout time we had some love but what do we get another necro nerf theurg nerf cleric nerf and woopee doo a mini.
  • Static tempest
    alb has struggled since the last patch healers getting speed was a game changer it fundamentally changed the utility and make up of mid groups Albs have been paying the price ever since.
    The other change that totally changed game play was the vamp and enchanter changes very overpowered changes that have messed up realm balance again alb payed the price.
    Bout time we had some love but what do we get another necro nerf theurg nerf cleric nerf and woopee doo a mini.

/facepalm
  • Just cause no one plays maulers doesn’t mean they can’t get ST. It’s the most fair and equitable way to add a battle changing ability without skewing it towards one realm or the other
  • Maulers have access to Thornweed Field. Giving them Static Tempest on top of that would be overpowering, in my opinion.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword

alb has struggled since the last patch healers getting speed was a game changer it fundamentally changed the utility and make up of mid groups Albs have been paying the price ever since.

All I can say to this is wow....lol
  • Swap st for twf
  • You would still have an ST imbalance on Hib that would need to be addressed.
  • Strip it from mentalists
  • O the things I can do with ST.... :D
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited October 2018 PM
    I don't have a problem with Albs getting a second ST, but Minstrel is the wrong class. I hope this decision is reversed like climb walls buff was on Shamans. Considering how Minis would use this and the effect this would have in all sorts of fights from steathers, 8v8 and zerg fighting, I can't think of a worse selection and I played alb for 10 years so this isn't realm bias.This isn't just about them having another ST, its about their ability to stealth, climb walls, sos and phaseshift in order to use it in very specific scenarios that would lead to an imbalance and turn more fights than say sticking it on a Paladin for example.
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • Auberne wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Albs getting a second ST, but Minstrel is the wrong class. I hope this decision is reversed like climb walls buff was on Shamans. Considering how Minis would use this and the effect this would have in all sorts of fights from steathers, 8v8 and zerg fighting, I can't think of a worse selection and I played alb for 10 years so this isn't realm bias.This isn't just about them having another ST, its about their ability to stealth, climb walls, sos and phaseshift in order to use it in very specific scenarios that would lead to an imbalance and turn more fights than say sticking it on a Paladin for example.

You played .... alb .. don't anymore which suggests bias.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »

You played .... alb .. don't anymore which suggests bias.

You Play Alb which suggests bias.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    O the things I can do with ST.... :D

It’s like an early Christmas for you bro!
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • You can't eliminate ST or keeps would never be taken since no one ever takes the time to raze the inner keeps, thus putting Lord defenders in peril.
  • I'd make a suggestion that one of the storms that storm lords get could counter the effects of static tempest. Static tempest in a keep fight is just to easy to take a keep and there needs to be a counter to it so the defenders can defend. That's not to say that static tempests wouldn't be good in open field especially when defending a choke point like safe path simply because it takes time to set up a storm and move it but then people can move around the static tempests some what too. @John_Broadsword This is my suggestion to give it to 2 classes but have a counter to it.
  • Counter it with another Static Tempest.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Ok, so Minstrels can stun (11s) and when that wears off, then drop ST (which resets stun timer) and when that wears off, they can re-stun? Good thinking
    Post edited by Auberne on