On the Fence

I know this has likely been asked more than once. I'm trying to decide if it will be worthwhile to get back into the game. Been away for 9+ years. Really only interested in RvR. Have my Lone Enforcer on my Scout, although I prefer to partner up if possible. Cutting off supply lines were targets of choice.

I actually got into the game last night, and I see it will take a major effort to get back into the swing of things. Hell, after visiting the Throne room I don't even know how to get to RvR.

I would hate to go through the whole learning curve only to find there are no targets in RvR.

Definitely would need a mentor or guild if people thought that RvR was a legit option.

Comments

• A duo or trio wouldn’t be bad. You will find some ok action during US prime time. As long as you avoid the giant stealthier zergs you should be fine. It will be a huge learning curve as well as financial curve as inflation is crazy and a good template costs a lot
  • Hey message me in-game, will be glad to get you up to speed.
    Easy to find me.

/who Da spider family
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • tbh I find great solo action on the isles or around bled/crauchon getting people headed to the solo spot, its best during the day while americans are at work, once the americans get home you just get zerged to **** by fgs or stealth grps everywhere

solo can be tuff but find a friend duo's can do amazing things while outnumbered
  • and temps seem expensive but they are not, u get 75% all the items u need from mindlessly tagging along on quests

and items are expensive, but you get the same items to sell if you don't use them to

so if u see gloves old days 10p, now u see them sell 400p, well its not expensive, its just using different numbers

when u can spend 1 weekend lvl to 50, go on ow and curse raid, and make like 2000-3000p in a few hours, isn't expensive, stuff costs more money, but it is given to you damn near freely in abundance

temping is easier now then any other time in daoc imo
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    and temps seem expensive but they are not, u get 75% all the items u need from mindlessly tagging along on quests

and items are expensive, but you get the same items to sell if you don't use them to

so if u see gloves old days 10p, now u see them sell 400p, well its not expensive, its just using different numbers

when u can spend 1 weekend lvl to 50, go on ow and curse raid, and make like 2000-3000p in a few hours, isn't expensive, stuff costs more money, but it is given to you damn near freely in abundance

temping is easier now then any other time in daoc imo

True, Yes items are really expensiv, but most of them are very achievable (like Hue said,) just do the raid and you get the item. Its not like the old days of TOA crazy or a one drop per BG, everyone gets their OW gear as they go through the raid.
  • Debatable but if your already in for the 16$ USD action is around if you have the patience.
  • I know this has likely been asked more than once. I'm trying to decide if it will be worthwhile to get back into the game. Been away for 9+ years. Really only interested in RvR. Have my Lone Enforcer on my Scout, although I prefer to partner up if possible. Cutting off supply lines were targets of choice.

I actually got into the game last night, and I see it will take a major effort to get back into the swing of things. Hell, after visiting the Throne room I don't even know how to get to RvR.

I would hate to go through the whole learning curve only to find there are no targets in RvR.

Definitely would need a mentor or guild if people thought that RvR was a legit option.

Temps are expensive, but prices are going down as people realize when 1.125 comes out they should drop alot. Honestly, I think the game has been pretty good, but it has been a zerg fest lately. Finding solo fights has lowered alot. Small man is so-so. 8 man has been very hit and miss for awhile. Overall I say the only way you will find out is to drop $15 and try it out. If retemplating is an issue then I would suggest holding out till 1.125 comes out when item prices should drop more and you can use bp's to fill in with some of the needed items.