17th Anniversary RvR Bonuses

Dark Age of Camelot's 17th Anniversary is upon us!

Please enjoy the following bonuses for the next month as a token of our appreciation and in celebration of all the glory and friendships made over the years!

Bonuses

On Ywain:
  • 50% bonus to RP gain in all NF zones (including the Labyrinth)
  • 100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic zones and dungeons
  • 50% bonus to normal BP in all NF zones
On Gaheris:
  • 100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic zones and dungeons
  • 100% bonus to normal BP gain in the capital cities
  • 100% bonus to normal RP gain in the capital cities
In each Capital City:
  • 40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
  • 20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain
In all Housing Zones:
  • 20% Bonus to Crafting Speed
  • 10% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

These bonuses will expire on November 6th, 2018.
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• No come back to camelot campaign like usually... really disheartening the influx of people for the month and rp bonus are always looked forward to. Since we are missing out in the f2p model being implied I thought for sure we would have another especially since we didnt a spring one like last year. It's getting harder and harder to log nightly when the population just isnt there.
  • Thanks Carol.

Any chance Infernal Merchants coming around?
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • We don't give advance notice on when merchants go in, they just go in to be fair to everyone.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • No come back to camelot campaign like usually... really disheartening the influx of people for the month and rp bonus are always looked forward to. Since we are missing out in the f2p model being implied I thought for sure we would have another especially since we didnt a spring one like last year. It's getting harder and harder to log nightly when the population just isnt there.

to be fair I think the devs are a little too embarrassed about the state of the game to actually throw a comback campaign. Too many bugs and poorly thought out pve campaigns
  • That is untrue, we are working on 1.125 and focused on that right now.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • How about a BG event @Carol_Broadsword. Something for the weekend to mix things up?
  • I think all active players should get a free GMoV to celebrate 17 amazing years!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • 100% Xp Bonus....i could level a sylvan ranger !

But wait....
  • Yeah something in Caledonia would be awesome!!! it hasn't happened in a long time :(
  • An event I meant hehe
  • I agree with their choice to focus on the Patch first. It's what the game needs most and with that patch should come the "Back to Camelot" campaign to give incentive for people to come back and try the new patch improvements.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1186/september-2018-population-and-other-stats-update#latest

Last year the back to camelot brought in gons of action... now we are giving it up because you are focused on 1.125. I'm not sure how or why it would be difficult to do.... off to greener pastures soon I guess during the week there are maybe 3 other groups on that all 180 and run from us on clip. Not worth playing since theres nothing to fight.
  • https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1186/september-2018-population-and-other-stats-update#latest

Last year the back to camelot brought in gons of action... now we are giving it up because you are focused on 1.125. I'm not sure how or why it would be difficult to do.... off to greener pastures soon I guess during the week there are maybe 3 other groups on that all 180 and run from us on clip. Not worth playing since theres nothing to fight.

You actually think the back to camelot campaign would retain any players in the games current state? No, it won't it would be 1 month of new fights then the game would be back exactly where it is. Why not let the patch roll out then release the campaign and keep the returning players that enjoy the changes.

>Daoc Videos<
  • an influx of new people is always good regardless of if they stay.... Because people like me are going to end up leaving because theres nothing late night to fight anymore.
  • I get that, and I agree having an increase in population is good. I still see FAR more potential in patching first. Retaining more players in the long run is more valuable than giving you a little fix. But honestly.. I don't have much faith in this patch coming out with any actual potential. I am not trying to bash the BS team I am sure you guys have lots of sh*t against you while dealing with this. But it's been handled very poorly in previous times and communication is lackluster to say the least. This patch needs to be released with haste and quality if this game is expected to last longer.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Not dropping certain aspects like name changes really hurt them. We are like 6 months past when the patch should have came out now and have next to no communication about it.
  • I agree, this is not a top secret government organization. There is no excuse for the lack of communication. And that is truly killing the game. Players say one thing BS doesn't communicate then releases something completely different or irrelevant. That absolutely has to come to an end or this game is a goner, if it's not already. *Sighs*

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Should make the xp bonus battlegrounds too. It would be the closest thing to /lvl 50
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • We don't give advance notice on when merchants go in, they just go in to be fair to everyone.

It’s just me, I won’t tell. :D

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Impounded wrote: »
    https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1186/september-2018-population-and-other-stats-update#latest

You actually think the back to camelot campaign would retain any players in the games current state? No, it won't it would be 1 month of new fights then the game would be back exactly where it is. Why not let the patch roll out then release the campaign and keep the returning players that enjoy the changes.

And why not having both? A comeback campaign now, a patch in late springfallwinter and a comeback campaign again? Not much to loose...who dares wins.

If you think it is difficult to start such a campaign within 2 days...it is not. The stuff is already there, it needs just a few scripts and a switch set to ON, like all the other events.
  • You guys are given something, and just complain about what you didn't get?

Sure I want the race respec to Half Ogre on my merc soon (and yeah I wanted a name change)
    But what good is it to complain nonstop?

The game is pretty dang solid even if the patch never comes

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I did not ask for rp,xp or crafting bonus.
  • I don't ask for socks and underwear at Christmas either... But I don't complain about what I didn't get when I open it.

Ungrateful
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Yeah except that we pay for this service.
    And if they can't supply something they claim they do. Is reason enough to be upset.
    I already know they try their best and they have obstacles to jump through before making changes. But the least they could do is communicate. That is my only complaint.

The fact that you think the game is in a good position is quite humorous I must add.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Yeah except that we pay for this service.
    And if they can't supply something they claim they do. Is reason enough to be upset.
    I already know they try their best and they have obstacles to jump through before making changes. But the least they could do is communicate. That is my only complaint.

The fact that you think the game is in a good position is quite humorous I must add.

I find the MID bg humorous during USA primetime
    HERORIUS

• edited October 2018 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Impounded wrote: »
    Yeah except that we pay for this service.

I find the MID bg humorous during USA primetime

And there it is.. You really can't help yourself can you?
    Post edited by Impounded on

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »
    I don't ask for socks and underwear at Christmas either... But I don't complain about what I didn't get when I open it.

Ungrateful

If you get stuff like this you did something wrong before xmas. :D

There are many ppl that said they want to see a Welcome back to Camelot campaign since f2p is not going live soon. We did not even get a word why there isn`t such a campaign, if you can`t understand these complains ask yourself again why do you get socks and underwear at xmas.

Just because you and your zerg of realmhoppers have 3h action (only at primetime) and fun does not mean that the server population is healthy. I`ve seen a 100% population bonus for Albion 2 days ago, your glorious nation of realmhoppers, [edited] /dismiss
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Hang on, we did say why there wasn't going to be a campaign, we've also released a lot of info on the patch and some of the things in the patch, a good bit of it. The thing we haven't given is a date as it'll be ready when we feel it's ready and couldn't put a date on it for various reasons (things appear in testing etc).

If it's a case of "it's not the info I want" ask what you want and if we can share that info right now (as in pre-patch), we'll answer it (excluding date of patch for now). Again, we've a lot of info out there already in the forms of posts, newsletters, grab bag, etc.

Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I have checked the last grabs and newsletters, i can`t find an information why the Come back to Camelot Campaign to DAoC`s anniversary is delayed or cancelled.

Maybe in the newsletter etc where BS announced the delay of endless conquest? How many month ago, maybe in late spring?
  • Hang on, we did say why there wasn't going to be a campaign, we've also released a lot of info on the patch and some of the things in the patch, a good bit of it. The thing we haven't given is a date as it'll be ready when we feel it's ready and couldn't put a date on it for various reasons (things appear in testing etc).

If it's a case of "it's not the info I want" ask what you want and if we can share that info right now (as in pre-patch), we'll answer it (excluding date of patch for now). Again, we've a lot of info out there already in the forms of posts, newsletters, grab bag, etc.

Can we have it in a consolidated post rather than having to go look across different forums, emails, websites in order to find information. Theres tons of just random information around it seems.
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    I don't ask for socks and underwear at Christmas either... But I don't complain about what I didn't get when I open it.

Ungrateful

G'dammit Nate - it's decided; you're getting coal this year.
  • Natebruner wrote: »

Ungrateful

G'dammit Nate - it's decided; you're getting coal this year.

lol
    HERORIUS