Let’s wall off half of the realms NF zones

SymSym
edited October 2018 in General Board
Can we have like a story about the realms expanding into the frontiers due to high birth rate or something?

Let’s wall off half of mid hib and Alb, replace 2-3 keeps each with new PvE zones (frontier towns, mining towns, etc), and put some big relic walls there?

Put the relics in the same keep and increase the guard strength. With population this low, there’s no need for all that space to divide the populations.

And while we are at it, remove stealth.

I pay for 2 accounts and during my play time, the population per realm is less than 70 this week, often less than 20 in NF...this is nuts
Post edited by Sym on
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2018 PM
    We have a few things in the works but John did discuss this in Discord recently:
    Yeah - first things first guys. Priority is population - hence Endless Conquest. IF the population after that remains low that it's still difficult to find action (and even if the population is improved), we can look at some more comprehensive map condensing/re-designs. But that's something we'd cross when we got there, no plans for that at the moment because it's a monumental task. EV was one zone and still took us a very long time.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Why the map is too big for current population....the problem is population flow more than anything else --- there is so much that has been ignored and broken; bigger numbers wins and quests <NF> maximize the rp's so it is profitable to just win with numbers --- which is what happens.
  • SymSym
    edited October 2018 PM
    I don’t disagree it would be a big effort, but it is a long time to suffer through when all enemies in frontier are stealthers and running through is a ghost town. There needs to be an interim population bandaid from now until EC.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Bandaid is moving Buggane permanently back to EV.
  • The way I seen lately how about just 2 realms instead, since BS cant do nothing about realm balance? would probably solve the problem in my opinion the rvr in nf has been a disgrace without realm balance and more folks will leave. just saying.
  • Eithne wrote: »
    The way I seen lately how about just 2 realms instead, since BS cant do nothing about realm balance? would probably solve the problem in my opinion the rvr in nf has been a disgrace without realm balance and more folks will leave. just saying.

They have basically said they don't care about balance, at least atm, so I agree that any population increase is just going to wonder wth they should play an unbalanced game ---- just making population imbalances worse.....vicious cycle.

• Why do we have an official forum if things are not being posted here, but are being posted in yet another 'communication' vehicle? Although we appreciate someone is giving some sort of feedback, not everyone is in discord, or wants to be.

What I thought this forum was supposed to be about.
  • Someone told me yesterday that they expended NF size when they clustered all the servers into the current Ywain server.

Wouldn't it be possible to retrieve the old NF map and replace the current one with the old one?
  • i can see this not ending well ;\ lol

lord have mercy on our game
  • bring back OF easy
  • How about we just go back to the patch before we lost most of our population the ruined keep patch.
    Then put in free to play then roll out class changes if any one at a time.
    Any more crazy way out changes will just not be good we need a reroll not more changes.
  • anyone saying go back to the good old days
    and then are against realm timers lol

just give a realm rp loyalty bonus to maybe bring back what made the game great ---- realm pride
  • I think the good ole days were pre June of 2016 before the class changes began if I remember right.
  • Brut wrote: »
    How about we just go back to the patch before we lost most of our population the ruined keep patch.
    Any more crazy way out changes will just not be good we need a reroll not more changes.

This. And also what @Pigleto said. I'm glad other people share my opinion or general idea
  • Brut wrote: »
    How about we just go back to the patch before we lost most of our population the ruined keep patch.

This
    Pigleto wrote: »
    I think the good ole days were pre June of 2016 before the class changes began if I remember right.

And that.
    + Cursed, OW and the items it brought, is what for me turned DAoC from 2001- 2016 great fun period, to 2016 - ? the can i be arsed with this anymore period.
  • Do agree, Ruined Keeps + Buggane on EV made the the timezone Sym plays pretty active even though we would be 60-70 per realm online, the action was focused.
  • If we're walling stuff off, please can we make sure the Albs and Mids pay for it? #makehiberniagreatagain
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • I have to agree that Curse especially, and i'm sure OW at one point, is what has turned many players away from the game. When I first came back to live about 19 months ago, part of the reason was because I assumed in a 17 year old game they would be done with updating gear. So I figured I could come in, get a good template and be good till the server finally died away. Boy was I wrong. I had to retemplate when they removed stacked albalatives, then had to template again when they put in ghost necklace, then had to template again when they added in the set gear and gloves for Cursed. I hope BS has finally learned that making everyone have to retemplate for gear is not a great way to make people stay playing a 17 year old game. The vast majority of people play here for RvR, not for PvE. Had I known I was going to have to retemplate 3-4 times when I came back I probably wouldn't have came back to begin with.
  • Isn`t retemplating, playing with templates, items etc. something that kept DAoC interesting?
    Dunno how many hours i`ve spent playing with Moras and such, was always a part of DAoC for me.

That Mythic/BS thought that you need 50+ players willing to sit 3-6h at the pc for good PvE content is/was more annoying. Or BiS-items only available via Event or 100p+, if you missed the event and just wanna rvr you`re f.....

Why are there no RvR-Quest like 5000kills and you get a MoV? *as an example
  • edited October 2018 PM
    I have no issue with them putting in new content and even new items @Stoertebecker , but what I had an issue with was putting in new charges/procs that didn't exist in the game prior to Cursed. I quit this game before, and the reason was because of them always putting in new content. Every time I would get my template done and start doing RvR they would put in new content and new items that you had to have to compete and it would all start over again. So I quit. The only reason I came back was because they had not had any true expansions in awhile and with it being (at the time) a 15+ year old game I figured that we would be done w/ this crap. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully they learned their lesson after Curse, because if they do this again I will quit again. I don't play to farm PvE and make templates. I play so I can enjoy RvR. I do agree that it is fun making a template, once or maybe even twice, but I don't want to have to retemplate 3-4 times in less than 15 month span, which I have done since coming back.

The fact is they can put new gear, and just make it have different stats on it, but keep the charges and procs the same. Quit putting in new game breaking stuff. So if you want to rock your old template you're fine. When they put in MoV and the Cursed gloves, and in some cases the set gear, this was not an option. If you played seriously and you didn't just run zergs than you were going to need those items for the charges/procs. If you didn't then you were at a severe disadvantage to other players. People like having diversity in their gear, which allows for more variance in templates, but people don't want to HAVE to farm all new items to squeeze in a few new pieces of gear that offer over the top charges/procs.

Also, they sort of doing what you are asking for in 1.125 by allowing you to get items with BP's that you earn while doing RvR and RvR related things.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Also, they sort of doing what you are asking for in 1.125 by allowing you to get items with BP's that you earn while doing RvR and RvR related things.

Items for BP helps only active players. We had a returning player (8y break) with 7k BP on his best (from rr) toon.
    Oh, there will be quests where you can get BP`s and the reward will be higher. Suuuure, and while the reward is higher they move the rubbles and boxes into the solo area, making it easier for returning/new players.....
    More fooder for the ganksquads, yeehaa....

For templating....Stopped playing end of 2008 on Gareth, came back in feb this year and had basically nothing, just this rr7 ranger sitting on 10k bp and 20p.
    Now i have each halfway useful bow, all templateworthy armor (incl the crappy cursed set), jewelry etc...changed the complete template 8-10 times, sunk 2k platin, sitting on 180k bp...and the ranger is still hitting like a wet noodle with his bow (compared to other classes).

But since Sins and Archers have this nifty new realm ability *Summon 7 stealth mates* it is still fun. :)