Where is the Patch and are we not doing a live Q&A with Broadsword a few times a year?

As a long time Daoc player i am just happy the game is still around but this patch is taking forever! A few years back i asked if we could do a live Q&A session with some devs and got zero response. This would only take 1-2 hours every few months to do and i think it would be good for the community as well as Broadsword. We are all in this together so why not collaborate more on patches and what is going on with Daoc. Nothing but good came come from it.

PS: i am still open to throwing a DAOC Happy Hour in Herndon for Broadsword since i am always in the area for work.
Tagged:

Comments

• Spring 2019

And no you see how hostile people are now? lol imagine a live Q&A ahahhahahaha
  • Spring 2019

who cares! My Company meets with our largest reseller every 6 months and they tell us what we are doing good and what we suck at. That is how you learn and grow as a company. Only as strong as your weakest link
  • Spring 2019

When did they say Spring 2019? That blows!

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Sep, you know the answer why it takes that long already. If you`re lacking manpower even simple things can take forever. :) And i don`t think Mythic`s DAoC coding is that easy........

But this abysmal communication works ( and i don`t mean Carol and Lea ) ..... >:)
  • Carol and Lea just keep the peace and help to try and calm the storm. There won't be a Q & A ever with BS. Grab Bags are hand picked questions, easy to answer. Never any hard truths. I wish they could just be honest with us.

For real, BS, you can go ahead and admit you don't have the devs to handle everything as big as 1.125 is supposed to be. That is really the reason for the delay. I won't even blame BS, its all on EA.
  • No one official said Spring 2019, that's someone spreading false rumours, unless we say it, it's a rumour. So please be aware of that.

Patch will be here when it's ready and it's just not quite there yet, but we are working hard on it.

Dev Q&A's as in live on Twitch or such?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • No one official said Spring 2019, that's someone spreading false rumours, unless we say it, it's a rumour. So please be aware of that.

Patch will be here when it's ready and it's just not quite there yet, but we are working hard on it.

Dev Q&A's as in live on Twitch or such?

Thanks Carol and yes i think a live twitch stream would be great taking questions. Im sure it would be welcome by many!
  • I will eat my Original Map that came with the game Live on Twitch if there is a Uncencored DEV Q&A from BS side.
    If John is there also i will butter the map with Lube
  • I think people want a QnA with a game director or someone similar who has control over the game changes
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • I would advice against an open Q&A. There would be so many toxic angry whiny QQ babies that would show up to just splooge their nonsense. It would not be productive.
    ~Westies
  • We were told it was going to be a spring patch and we are already in fall... so just going with what we expect.. it wont matter much longer with a mass exodus from no patch to greener pastures
  • Westies wrote: »
    I would advice against an open Q&A. There would be so many toxic angry whiny QQ babies that would show up to just splooge their nonsense. It would not be productive.

I disagree 100%. In a live forum people will ask tough questions but even the biggest trolls will keep it clean.
  • null
    Lol no they wont

Everyone acts tougher behind a keyboard.

• Yes, they do. Exactly why an open Q&A would turn into a hate fest.
  • They could avoid that if they answer a few question before such an open Q+A, instead of this newsletter + grab bag blablabla and *it`s done when it`s done*.

Why is there no *Come back to Camelot*?
    Why don`t you split the patch if it takes that long?

Usually my patience is endless, really. But i have a good intuition if someone`s trying to kidding me and i have this feeling quite a while if it comes to this patch, endless conquest etc.
  • They could avoid that if they answer a few question before such an open Q+A, instead of this newsletter + grab bag blablabla and *it`s done when it`s done*.

Why is there no *Come back to Camelot*?
    Why don`t you split the patch if it takes that long?

Usually my patience is endless, really. But i have a good intuition if someone`s trying to kidding me and i have this feeling quite a while if it comes to this patch, endless conquest etc.

The disrespect for the community is the real Endless Conquest
  • It could be worse; you could be invested in Unchained.
  • Ha! I was an invester and pulled my money out!

I am all in on daoc but they need to stop buffing classes and screwing stuff up!

Still waiting for them to revert ml10 weapons back to pre pet stances!
  • Race respecs are going to be very POPULAR.

I can't wait to be HALF OGRE on the merc.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I love my shar ranger but god dam i want a sylvan ranger