Archer RR5's

2»

Comments

• lou wrote: »
    lou wrote: »
    You can counter/compensate each rr5 or other active ra`s, running out of los, using the terrain. What you can`t compensate is skill and response capacity.

And now the scout is an archer with a archer rr5, It´s their own fault if they don`t use it. It´s 30s, like the other archer rr5`s..and you can take out each ranged attack against you.

They`re all situational, but some ppl just don`t get it.

@lou
    What are we comparing, ranger with all ra`s and tools up against hunters/scouts with nothing up+ ready or what?

I think Hue should reactivate his scout or play a ranger :D

We're not comparing anything.

You`re comparing ra`s the whole time. I´ve played my Ranger on Gareth at a time as melee rangers were smoking each other stealth class (playing such a op class wasn`t the intention on creation, but ok), made it to lone enforcer and got it ripped during char transfer. ( thx BS)
    I really don`t care if i have this rr5 or not, i fatfinger it to 70%, like remedy or the evade buff.

Archers today are a joke compared to archers 10y ago.
    If i go 50 bow as an archer (incl all toa bonis etcetc) and hit a caster for 480 dam with critshot i think *ok, that may be a reason why we see stealth zergs 24/7*.
    The ranger rr5 has no restrictions and is a direct counter to hunters (for no reason), and can be used against every single class. Add on a 7 min 360 evade buff that is unique to them, a frontal root style that negates your pet within 2 seconds and generally the best overall archer, it seems a bit much to also have an rr5 that makes your pet attack you.
    It`s a counter to pet classes, not hunters only. Sill wondering why some hunters performing very, very well against rangers and other stealth classes, and other Hunters are complaining. Maybe because they know how to handle their pet, or they don`t need it anyway ?
    The evade buff is nice, if you don`t fatfinger it. :D
    Frozen comet would mean you have at least 35 celtic dual, mostly 39 for atks debuff. Nice for kiting, if you know how to kite and if you don`t have the response capacity of a stone brick....like me.

How about if we skip the current rr5`s on all archers and give them a 25-50% dam boost for bows instead?

I mean...480 dam from a critshot? On a caster?
    If i see that Westie hits me for 1k-1,4k...on 40% resis....cool thing.

You asked if we were comparing all ra's up to no ra's up... i said we wern't comparing... Your fat fingers arent relevant in the dicussion...

It was a metaphor for..there a players that have a decent skill countering something like the ranger rr5, and there are players that are missing these skills for some reasons :)
    all rangers should be 35 cd...Not really sure why you wouldnt... you give up nothing for it.

Makes only sense for me if you go 39 for the asr. And if you`re not into this kiting stuff you do what after frozen comet? I prefer pierce, after evade stun in combination with evade buff works better for me.

So the hunter ra should be adjusted to...what?

You can counter/compensate each rr5 or other active ra`s, running out of los, using the terrain. What you can`t compensate is skill and response capacity.

And now the scout is an archer with a archer rr5, It´s their own fault if they don`t use it. It´s 30s, like the other archer rr5`s..and you can take out each ranged attack against you.

@lou
    What are we comparing, ranger with all ra`s and tools up against hunters/scouts with nothing up+ ready or what?

You`re comparing ra`s the whole time. I´ve played my Ranger on Gareth at a time as melee rangers were smoking each other stealth class (playing such a op class wasn`t the intention on creation, but ok), made it to lone enforcer and got it ripped during char transfer. ( thx BS)
    I really don`t care if i have this rr5 or not, i fatfinger it to 70%, like remedy or the evade buff.

If i go 50 bow as an archer (incl all toa bonis etcetc) and hit a caster for 480 dam with critshot i think *ok, that may be a reason why we see stealth zergs 24/7*.
    The ranger rr5 has no restrictions and is a direct counter to hunters (for no reason), and can be used against every single class. Add on a 7 min 360 evade buff that is unique to them, a frontal root style that negates your pet within 2 seconds and generally the best overall archer, it seems a bit much to also have an rr5 that makes your pet attack you.
    It`s a counter to pet classes, not hunters only. Sill wondering why some hunters performing very, very well against rangers and other stealth classes, and other Hunters are complaining. Maybe because they know how to handle their pet, or they don`t need it anyway ?
    Frozen comet would mean you have at least 35 celtic dual, mostly 39 for atks debuff. Nice for kiting, if you know how to kite and if you don`t have the response capacity of a stone brick....like me.

How about if we skip the current rr5`s on all archers and give them a 25-50% dam boost for bows instead?

You asked if we were comparing all ra's up to no ra's up... i said we wern't comparing... Your fat fingers arent relevant in the dicussion...

It was a metaphor for..there a players that have a decent skill countering something like the ranger rr5, and there are players that are missing these skills for some reasons :)
    all rangers should be 35 cd...Not really sure why you wouldnt... you give up nothing for it.

Makes only sense for me if you go 39 for the asr. And if you`re not into this kiting stuff you do what after frozen comet? I prefer pierce, after evade stun in combination with evade buff works better for me.

A frontal root at 35 CD will help you handle a vast majority of situations... like rooting a hunter pet off yourself...(or any pets)... gaining space on anyone to pop charge/use/fa/etc... you dont need the ASR as a follow-up to utilize a frontal root.. its a good style.

I think a fair rr5 would be one thats applicable to all playstyles/specs.. such as just a % dps increase with no bells and whistles/restrictions... The ranger rr5 should go to an aoe (similar to ment rr5) cast/melee speed redux, with no pet scare function...

Not sure why 1 archer gets 3 abiltiies to deal with dog (rr5/root shot/frontal root), while scout gets 1 (root shot)... thats if were comparing archers to archers...
  • you mean you can cancel it and lous is running around disabled qqing ? rofl

you can cancel phaseshift to if you didn't know heh
  • its 5 different buffs you have to cancel.... don't know about you, but i typically dont have time to cancel 5 buffs if i am trying to get space to utilize my bow.... obviously it was implemented this way to prevent that from happening effectively...

but yes i'm qqing about a bad RA because it should of never made it to live like this... neither should the rangers... but a few loud folks get what they want... always
  • I literaly teared up laughing wheni read that rofl

@lou

Not sure why 1 archer gets 3 abiltiies to deal with dog (rr5/root shot/frontal root), while scout gets 1 (root shot)... thats if were comparing archers to archers...

All ranger cc was intended just to deal with hunter pets, suuuuure. A Scout has the ability to slam, what`s your next argument? A good Scout don`t spec shield that high? :D

It gets boring....
  • edited August 2018 PM
    just curious when these archers your fighting are busy dealing with your pet, what the **** are you doing ?

they have you and a pet to worry about and try to manage, you just have them, and your qqing its to tuff for you ? heh
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • hitting speedburst and ps takes some time
  • I agree 100% that it should be 1 icon to disable hunter RR5 and not 5 of them. That is dumb. When playing my hunter I tried to use the RR5 as a kiting tool just to see how it worked and droppimg those buffs is a serious pain to be able to use bow again while kiting. If they could fix it so it was very easy to drop than I think it would be fine. It is a huge dmg increase, it does put disease on every hit, and you get the 115% speed while its up. It's only horrible effect is the 5 icons you have to manually drop. Just my 2 cents.
  • it does disease every hit, and it gives you a speed boost to kite ? and you can cancel it w/e you want ? and your qqing ?

bahahahahasuauheUHEAuhUEueheuHAUEUHeuheauhUEAUHeuh
  • KatKat
    edited August 2018 PM
    Hue - You are not adding anything to the conversation, but showing your ignorance about the hunter. Both Lou and RonEluvv already told you it is 5 icons to cancel. Please read posts before replying
    Post edited by Kat on
  • KatKat
    edited August 2018 PM
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    I agree 100% that it should be 1 icon to disable hunter RR5 and not 5 of them. That is dumb. When playing my hunter I tried to use the RR5 as a kiting tool just to see how it worked and droppimg those buffs is a serious pain to be able to use bow again while kiting. If they could fix it so it was very easy to drop than I think it would be fine. It is a huge dmg increase, it does put disease on every hit, and you get the 115% speed while its up. It's only horrible effect is the 5 icons you have to manually drop. Just my 2 cents.

The rr5 is a huge damage increase ONLY if specced for hybrid/melee. They need to make it so bow is not disabled. And the minor speed burst is can be interrupted.

Or spec specific rr5. The current rr5 actually hurts the sniper hunter. Pretty dumb.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Agreed that it doesn't work well for sniper spec, just saying it COULD be used as a kiting tool for a sniper spec if it could easily be dropped. As it stands its extremely tough to use as a kiting tool.
  • edited September 2018 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • does The ranger rr5 work against the necro pet Zerg? That would be hilarious
  • loulou
    edited September 2018 PM
    lol, at hue trying to link videos of rr12 sins killing archers in pure melee, in an LOS area where 90% of there class can be negated... in a thread thats about the health of all archer rr5's.

"some solo sin" - who also is rr12, runs a CD spec which rips archers, and hides inside LOS the entire time... LOL again, care to duel on scout hue?

but yes hue.. keep being like nate - never once did i say hunters were gimpy.. vlao is prbably the worst sin i've fought - he won, but doesnt mean hes good - he baits remedy and runs inside... he got destroyed when he was caught open field in a 1v2... but please, keep trolling the forums and talking ****... very productive for the health of the game, and trying to get imbalances fixed.

Post edited by lou on
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    does The ranger rr5 work against the necro pet Zerg? That would be hilarious

no reason it wouldn't - it's worked on all other pets so far.
  • Lou opens a thread to discuss an imbalance that is pretty obvious, in an attempt to have a reasonable discussion. Hue seems to have a real problem with Lou, and is not adding anything to the discussion but unnecessary attacks. Lou is a good hunter, and has the best spec (currently)...where is this anger coming from?
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
    vlao is prbably the worst sin i've fought - he won, but doesnt mean hes good -

rofl ? what a fking joke lol

exactly lou, bad players on classes that you should never lose to, keep beating the breaks off you, that's the point we are trying to make to you
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Please try to keep this discussion on topic.
    Daoc Moderator
    Main Forums

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<