Please explain minstrel flute mezz mechanics?

SymSym
edited August 2018 in General Board
Is it a focus spell in RvR? Does it give immunity to itself? Does it allow casting, losing LoS then insta meaning when you get LoS back? Can you switch targets and mezz more people without dropping and the starting song?
Post edited by Sym on
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs

Comments

• From how I understand it as long as you initiated the mezz; you're in los and in range of the target, it doesn't matter if you lose los of the target or exceed the maximum range.

As long as you don't perform any actions or spells to interrupt the mezz (which would technically be functioning as a pending pulse spell) it will automatically land or be resisted once the original target is back in range.

If you "pre-load" the mezz and then switch to your main hand weapons it'll cancel. If you pre-load it and use other spells (not sure here) such as your DD's and/or speed songs before the original target comes into range/los I believe it'll cancel the mezz. Also the mezz requires like 2s(?) or less to activate so it can be interrupted as well.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    ^pretty much this

While the mezz has been initiated and then 'loaded' you may use any of your insta abilities including crescendo and even re-charming your pet (assuming you use the pulse charm) but you can't cast anything like demezz or it'll break. Once you enter range/LoS of your target the pre-loaded mezz will land immediately.

If you attempt to play another song you'll get the message 'you're already beginning a song'. Know that aborting the loaded mezz by swapping to melee weapons will result in you dropping all of your chants, including ablative and pulse charm, this will however not happen if you overwrite your mezz with say demezz. The act of attempting to cast the demezz is enough to break the concentration of the mezz even if the spell gets interrupted.

Fun fact, like other songs it can be played while in phase shift (though you can still be interrupted like normal). Also the song lasts roughly twice it's delved duration due to being a song or something which I imagine is why it was recently nerfed to 20 sec.

It gives mezz immunity and you cannot mezz more than 1 target at a time.
    Post edited by Flik on
  • It will also mezz players that stealth if you get the mezz started before they do as long as you are in range.
    Gotta be careful because if they get out of range and then they attack you, you will have to cancel the mezz or you will keep getting the "target out of range" message.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I recently tested it and it only lasts about 20s on a /duel target. It seems the double delve thing is not accurate unless it counts a 0% resist target.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs