Returning Player Feedback (Rant?)

13»

Comments

• both of you guys complaining but none of you did ever try to pm me on discord like i offered to you @Gavner @Vrisslar

i have no problem with doing raids aslong as ppl need it tbh because broadsword gave me the ability to skip raids i only do them if im getting asked for it, both of you decided to dont write a quick pm on discord, so dont complain if you havent tried everything :)
  • jusiabera wrote: »
    @Gavner @Gig
    thanks a lot - i have already joined forest of Nevermore, since i'm playing Hib :)
    The guild is so friendly, excited about this. Playing on 'Rolago' atm, hope to see you in the game :)

nice to hear alltho if you need helps with raid or pve content pm me on discord plz and we will find a date where i can drag you through it
  • edited August 2018 PM
    @Gig You didnt offer me anything :)

I have not been to the forum between my last 2 posts, so even if you did, i wouldnt have seen it :)

Also im pretty sure i just said i have been on cursed and it was boring, buggy and sucky.

How do you know what i have tried and havent ?
    Why are you accusing me of things, that you know absolutely nothing about ? Maybe you should have all the facts before you do that.

I complain if i want to, you dont decide that, im pretty sure if you read the thread, that we are not the only ones complaining.

With some having kids, shifting work hours and other RL obligations, reading forums every day and planning days ahead for a game isnt always an option. However jumping out to RvR when the opportunity arise and have fun for 30 mins to 1 hour or more, is an option, if one wasnt blocked by PvE quests.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • edited August 2018 PM
    @Gig What did I do wrong for getting shamed not contacting you just now? :D

What did I complain this time? I literally said thank you for the offer, but I am settled.. I guess I am sorry not asking your help too? Be sure I won't after this, you can keep your help. :P

BTW! Aye, Curse raid was bugged, lots of people didnt get credits, lots of missunderstanding, and would still be on Dragon step if BS Support doesnt help us and get dragon instakilled after quiet a few wipes (ty!). Let's just say it wasn't a succsess story.

It's lots of progress however compared to anything else (way too much I think), yet I don't wan't to bash BS, will see what solution they come up with. Curse raid can stay as a fast painful alternative for progress if any have chance to participate and gets credits. It doesn't hurt me unless I can manage to get mandatory items elseway. Let's hope news show up soon. :)

Edit: Was lil sad seeing old dragon raid changed tho.. but thats just some nostalgic issue of mine only.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • edited August 2018 PM
    @Gavner and @Vrisslar - I don't think Gig was trying to be a dick. He was just trying to help and in @Vrisslar's case he felt like since he had posted that he had still not had any luck after 2 months that he had not really "tried everything" since he had not contacted Gig. You are both correct though, that even if you had not contacted him you still have every right to voice your concerns and complaints here.

@Gig - You were very nice to offer them the help. I know you are a pro at these raids. By the way, if you ever lead a Curse 9/10 raid on Hib send me a tell through here. My buddy needs credit for it on his nightshade (I know its not a wanted class) and I would be willing to bring my ranger or chanter to help out.

In regards to all of this, @Vrisslar if you still need OW10 on Hibernia I would strongly recommend playing around noon (CST American). When Herorius starts his BG he almost always takes the CK in EV to finish off OW10.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • edited August 2018 PM
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    @Gavner and @Vrisslar - I don't think Gig was trying to be a dick. He was just trying to help and in @Vrisslar's case he felt like since he had posted that he had still not had any luck after 2 months that he had not really "tried everything" since he had not contacted Gig. You are both correct though, that even if you had not contacted him you still have every right to voice your concerns and complaints here.

Gig assuming that i knew of a invitation that he had given to others, then assuming i chose to not act on a supposed invitation that i had never gotten or had the chance to see if it had been directed at me, then assuming i havent tried everything available at the time's im online, then telling me im aparently not allowed to complain, about the options that are available to me during the hours of the day i play, that kind of makes him a dick.
    Assume, you know the saying that goes with it.

If Gig's offer adressed to Gavner was for me and other's too, then thanks for the offer, sadly tho that dosnt make his last post full of assumptions any better.

People offering help is really nice, this thread to me tho isnt only about who can help me, this is just as much about everyone else returning, stuck in different time zones, work hours, kids, you name it, that want to play DAoC, many of them might not come to forums, discord or other places to seek help and try to get solutions, the people i have talked to so far or friends that have tried to return, many have seen the plat mountain and quests required to gain access to RvR and just left again or didnt open accounts at all.
    Had it not been for this thread, i would have been one of the people just leaving, i normal dont do forums because i cba with trolls, dicks, missunderstandings and things that come with them, i prefer direct conversation and i pay for games to play them, not to sit on a forum to find out when something fits so i can play them.

Sure some OW and cursed are still happening, if you play at the right hours, but as more and more people complete it, i think it will become more and more rare, with the current patch rate doing something about things before it become's a critical problem might be a smart move.
    Again im sorry, but i dont see BP no trade items as a solution, it will just send new and returning players in crap gear, out to fight rr10+ in perfect templates, where they got no chance, while trying to collect boxes for BP's, im sure many of the already templated people will enjoy the free RP's tho. ( I know Carol hinted at changes earlier, changes that might not have happend without this discussion, sure hope they solve some things tho )

If a person got 1 hour to play an evening, a currency or farmable named for drops like we had before, will actualy make people able to progress toward something during those short play sessions, that isnt really posible atm with the 3 hour 1 - 8 cursed, or OW 1 - 9 with 1 - 2,5 hour duration depending on luck from what i have seen so far hehe :)
    From the Cursed BG on mid yesterday, there seem to be more people pissed about cursed then people having fun, wiping on the dragon again, and again, oh and one more time, until Carol comes online to instant kill the dragon, that to me is just not right or fun. ( Thanks tho Carol if you see this, very nice of you )

I guess i should have listened to advice from former DAoC guildies and friends, that have left within the last 1,5 year, about not returning to Ywain, and just let my accounts close. Tho i would find that incredible sad if thats how things have to be.
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    In regards to all of this, @Vrisslar if you still need OW10 on Hibernia I would strongly recommend playing around noon (CST American). When Herorius starts his BG he almost always takes the CK in EV to finish off OW10.

Thanks will try to be online when he runs his BG :)

Edit: Typo's, English isnt my primary language, some typo's was awful.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    I fell your pain Vrlsslar and I completely agree with you that this campaign is defiantly not friendly for those that are returning or new and out of peak times. I think Gig means well but I don't think he sees the bigger picture on why players are complaining about it. It's alright for him to have his macro group start a bg and all because he's able to do that easily. What the issue here is, the out of hours and people who don't have the time do stuff like this. I wish i could run a macro group and do all that but don't have the time or money to do it.

If you run a raid and players can't commit to 2 hours of it, it can be a struggle to get back in and finish it off. A lot of casual players may only play this game for 1h and if we have raids that take up to 2-3 hours it can be difficult to get any of it done.

I appreciate what Gig does but sometimes he's a bit big headed and defiantly seems to be right up Broadswords ass with these campaigns but of course there nothing wrong with that and if he agrees with what broadsword do then that's fine. I just wish he could be a little supportive to players and bg leaders and not act like a dick to them.

Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • I always come back. (Thymetodie, Synoma, Cylantra, Iomega, Carty, Grce, Cartsbard, Feebee, etc.) Just not today.
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Probably the best we can do is get to know some people, get some guild, but then again it feels like begging for help, which I really don't like. We couldnt achieve anything in our time zone for more then a month now, guess its either time to start sell GTCs, or rely on other people kindness, or pity (however spamming region and advice got none of those so far).

Hope some get the struggle not for myself (I be around trying everything at my displosal), but most of anyone coming close to DAoC in current ERA (EU time zone at least). *

EDIT: * Without knowing any current players, not purchasing GTCs, or rely on others help.

joining a big guild is NOT asking for help, it's the normal thing to do for returning players.

What time zone do you live and what hours do you normally play, and what realm do you play ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    @Gavner - what realm are you doing OW on? If you are doing it on Hib during American prime time I would be glad to help you out on OW. I'm by no means an expert, but I have completed it a few times. It certainly doesn't require a group, but 2-3 with a couple bots might be just a tad low.

i have done it a few times with as little as 2 people (shield tank + my warlock and my BB, and with BD + warlock and bot) and one bot, but then some steps become close to suicide runs in which you hope to kill the boss before adds kill you, lol.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    I fell your pain Vrlsslar and I completely agree with you that this campaign is defiantly not friendly for those that are returning or new and out of peak times. I think Gig means well but I don't think he sees the bigger picture on why players are complaining about it. It's alright for him to have his macro group start a bg and all because he's able to do that easily. What the issue here is, the out of hours and people who don't have the time do stuff like this. I wish i could run a macro group and do all that but don't have the time or money to do it.

If you run a raid and players can't commit to 2 hours of it, it can be a struggle to get back in and finish it off. A lot of casual players may only play this game for 1h and if we have raids that take up to 2-3 hours it can be difficult to get any of it done.

I appreciate what Gig does but sometimes he's a bit big headed and defiantly seems to be right up Broadswords ass with these campaigns but of course there nothing wrong with that and if he agrees with what broadsword do then that's fine. I just wish he could be a little supportive to players and bg leaders and not act like a dick to them.

The campaigns are silly and it's nothing more than a time sink to do it knowing full well it is bugged to hell and back. Sadly, it now seems that it is a requirement in which to get the 'loot' for new templates in which to compete well.

Speaking of dicks...
  • edited August 2018 PM
    Muylae wrote: »
    joining a big guild is NOT asking for help, it's the normal thing to do for returning players.

Thats just not true, during my 17 years with DAoC i have been in huge guilds, i have been in 3 man guilds, i have been in 8 man guilds, i have been solo unguilded on both EU and US servers and i never had issue that required a big guild or alliance before cursed.
    Even during ToA there was plenty of public BG's for anyone cause the population supported it and people was more then willing to do pugs for artis.
    So calling that normal for DAoC to get things done is BS, it might be normal for WoW or other games i dont know, what happend in DAoC in the past 1,5 year to me, dosnt make it normal to a 17 year history of the game.

For me getting a guild in mmo's since i started with mmo's in 99, was always joining pugs, meet people, you find someone you enjoy beeing around, you make friends and make guilds / join guilds they are in, you build a small community within a big one.
    Being forced to join random guild 1098574, that spam invite anyone that dosnt have a guild tag just cause they want numbers, where you will be mister joe lost in need of help number 9857 was never a requirement in DAoC to get RvR ready, and its generaly not fun trying to break in to the small tight cliques in those big guilds, unless you made friends with someone in pugs first. ( Yeah this part might just be me being odd )

Muylae wrote: »
    i have done it a few times with as little as 2 people (shield tank + my warlock and my BB, and with BD + warlock and bot) and one bot, but then some steps become close to suicide runs in which you hope to kill the boss before adds kill you, lol.

For returning players in old gear or new players in kings gear thats not posible imo, i tried it and we got stopped in our tracks at Hel no matter what we did cause of repop timers.

The problem currently with DAoC to me, is equal oppertunity for all no matter what time zone to get templated and go have fun in RvR.

Even if you do get lucky on OW and cursed, your still locked behind traveling merchants and atleast 125 plat to get a OP item thats in every template out there and your probably screwed without if you want to solo or duo.

If Broadsword would just kill all the /use % based heal, /use % based HoT, high value proc heals with healing bonus on top and things like that on new items with /abla uses on top and /resist uses, that to me is alot worse then the abla stacking they nerfed ever has been, then i doubt the difference on cursed, OW, valor have and have not would be such a big issue.

3 years ago i had atleast 7 chars per realm templated and up to date no problem, in my 17 years i had fun with alot of things, i RvR'ed, i PvE'ed to kill dragon, ML10, i farmed scalars scrolls with menta / minstrel and sally pet, i farmed skyros mobs for scrolls on nurt / reg druid with a grey pet, DoT and melee, i farmed skyros mobs with a pac healer in melee, i helped people do artis with chanter / necro / SM + bot and many other things, i made new chars to test and have fun on, i could entertain myself in 3 hour play sessions, 30 min play sessions, i could get plats solo to buy items, i could join groups for items like i have always been able to in DAoC.

Now 2 months after i have returned to ywain i have sold everything i own and i managed to get enough plat for 1 item on hib and 1 item on mid.

So far my OW and cursed progress are as this:
    OW:
    Mid 3 chars, 1 - 9 done, 0 luck on 10
    Hib 4 chars ,1 - 9 done, 2 lucky on 10
    Alb 0 chars for anything OW.

Cursed:
    Mid 1 char, 1-8 done, 0 luck on 9 and 10 (Im on a unwanted char for 9 and 10 i been told, no love for kobold skalds)
    Hib 3 chars, 1-8 done, 0 luck on 9 and 10
    Alb 1 char, 1-8 done, 0 luck on 9 and 10

When i ask for solutions to farm plat im told OW or cursed, back to the group issues.....go do box pickup quest in RvR thats camped to hell by stealthers and high rr's in perfect template......or go farm 1,5 G per mob 1 mob at the time for the 200+ plat items.

Hows this supposed to be fun for any new or returning players ?

So far i spend atleast 4 hours ( not always 4 hours in a row ) a day looking for BG's, while leveling chars i dont need or killing mobs with no value drops or getting run over at pickup box quest spot, because i got nothing else i can do while waiting for a BG as everything plat and template related seem to be more or less tied to OW and cursed.

When you finaly do get a BG, the quest lines and encounters arent even fun, its bugs and missed credit, i had alot more fun farming scales in pugs years ago for old dragon items, kill the dragon, farming scrolls in ToA, farming ML10 and things like that (you know the list above), then i ever had on any of the OW or cursed stuff, miss credit, repeat, another missed credit, repeat, some LD and missed credit, repeat, something bugged, leave BG rejoin and repeat, how anyone find that fun i dont know.

Looking at the posts in this thread and reading BG chats during OW and cursed runs, it seems im far from the only one that feels this way, and the people thats complaing dosnt seem be a minority, if this many that still plays are unhappy with how things are, i wonder how many people this have driven away.

Again im not asking for instant anything, i dont want stuff handed for free, i want different roads to reach the goal of being RvR ready, like we used to have. ( I seem to have to repeat this in every post not to get missunderstood lol )

In RvR, zerg, 8 man, small man and solo areas with special solo benefits are supported, but in PvE to get out to those PvP options its BG zerg or go home, how that make any sense i dont know.

Anyway account runs out in 1 month and 1.125 will be what decides if i uninstall or not, i sure wish its not.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    At this point it will be a repeating myself I think, someone who red the entire (LONG I know) thread probably kind of guess more or less some peoples problems.

In short, it's not about the help or the lack of it!

I really do thank everyone (theres been plenty!) that offered some sort of help for some of us, really, thats great! If anyone thinks making noise is for myself only, it's a mistake. I won't think that the issues many time wrote will be solved, or justified if every new player started QQing for help one by one. It's just not right that if anyone wants to achieve anything in DAoC either need others kindness or start begging for it. Also I might add I've not seen many people love doing current mandatory content 20th time either, raids chat often gets pretty salty.

As I've already mentioned several times, I am temped, been lucky, sold old crap, I am fine (not like many of us) without ever completing OW or Cursed on at least one char. It's my decision that I do not wish to beg or ask for extra help for alts, or plats OUTSIDE my guild which I joined because of people, not because of my needs.

Thank you! :)
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • Well my 90 day resub has passed and the last 15 days has been nothing but watching Discord for an OW run soooo not renewing the subs.

I might be back when this goes F2P, maybe not.
    Pretty sure I don't need to say where I'll be in the meantime.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I just unsubbed my 2 accounts. The 6 month renewal is in a few days and after literally having little to no fun in rvr, minus switching to alb to be massively outnumbered on the last couple of weeks, there just isn’t a reason to continue to pay money.

No reason to defend against hero during the day with the way Hibs can just take keeps at will. Solo is boring me to death since you can’t find much that’s not either some retarded unbalanced class like a vamp or traveling in groups of 5+. 8 man doesn’t really seem like a fit for me either. Hopefully population will pick up after the summer, and fun can be had again. Unfortunately with patches being delayed and delayed, I don’t see it happening.

Yea I did the same, games unplayable when the number become so imbalanced.
  • I lasted about 3 days and resubbed and swapped to alb. It has for the time being renewed my interest
  • edited September 2018 PM
    Me I went back and modded up Morrowind and have had more fun in 3 days than I did in 3 months of DAoC.

Frankly I think I'm done with MMO's until Pantheon comes out. If I want PvP action I can't whack Mr Happy on the keyboard without google popping up a MOBA or Battle Royal with a larger player base than DAoC and instant entertainment.

Guess the one thing I forgot about MMO's. The MMO tells YOU when you can have fun... not the other way around. I don't mind some waiting but 2 weeks + of nothing but checking a blasted discord to do some pre-req PvE so I could go RvR? No thanks. I could be in game in a Moba before I could load discord and type "Any mid doing OW this week?"
    Post edited by Jhaerik on
  • Jhaerik wrote: »
    Guess the one thing I forgot about MMO's. The MMO tells YOU when you can have fun... not the other way around. I don't mind some waiting but 2 weeks + of nothing but checking a blasted discord to do some pre-req PvE so I could go RvR? No thanks. I could be in game in a Moba before I could load discord and type "Any mid doing OW this week?"

i came back 1 month ago, rolled hib as usual (i'm bored to death of hib but i always end up there) but as EU it was a good decision. rvr bg everyday and as you said pve-wise i wasn't able yet to do 9/10 on my friar (been looking for it for a month) and mid is even worse, haven't found a single ow or curse yet.
  • Skywalker wrote: »
    Jhaerik wrote: »

i came back 1 month ago, rolled hib as usual (i'm bored to death of hib but i always end up there) but as EU it was a good decision. rvr bg everyday and as you said pve-wise i wasn't able yet to do 9/10 on my friar (been looking for it for a month) and mid is even worse, haven't found a single ow or curse yet.

Yeh I've done all 3 realms at one point in time or another. Most recently Alb/Hib on something that can't be mentioned cause BS scared to death of people with 1/10,000th their budget. So It was pretty much Mid or nothing.

Mid is just dead PvE side. Hell when I was paying for the game I spent more time on the forums than actually getting to play it.... might as well keep around on the forums. Might pick it up after free to play... dunno.
  • null
    you could come discord plenty of 9 10 grps there and friar is a needed toon aswell
  • Yeah. Basically every night it seems baby is looking for more for 9/10
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Yeah. Basically every night it seems baby is looking for more for 9/10

Too true, just make sure you got ml10 lol, if not speak up and we'll just give you the glass to get it done.
  • why not bring back the Classic servers? No RR 2400 people waiting to farm new players You can get to 50, out in RVR in -one-2 days for some people but EASILY within a week ..and there's balance across the realms because the no buff bot rule.. Classic servers were THE MOST fun I've EVER had in Daoc, I feel the game was the most balanced then
  • edited September 2018 PM
    Jaysun wrote: »
    why not bring back the Classic servers? No RR 2400 people waiting to farm new players You can get to 50, out in RVR in -one-2 days for some people but EASILY within a week ..and there's balance across the realms because the no buff bot rule.. Classic servers were THE MOST fun I've EVER had in Daoc, I feel the game was the most balanced then

I originally quit when classic was merged...

[edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on