Albion BG quit using Ventrilo and upgraded to Discord ! (Info/Instructions Inside)

edited August 2018 in Videos & Streams
I could care less about the people we beat down at the strength relic.
Crystal clear voices were heard tonight !

1. Download Discord It's free

2. Join this server: https://discord.gg/hD8mvP

3. Or msg Natebruner#3781 for an invite

4. Coming up on 200 people in this discord channel and it will be used for Albion BG. Terri/Pie is an admin/moderator and got her mic working after the bg tonight. Please download it and join us for tomm night and beyond !

Post edited by Natebruner on
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• https://discord.gg/bGvk9U

Click that link to join
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• The discord grows stronger by the hour.

I promise you it's 100 times better than Ventrilo.

You can send personal messages, messages to everyone, have clear communication, share templates and ideas.
    You can check these messages later in the day or week. There are a variety of channels for rvr or pve.

ALBION MUST LET VENTRILO DIE

(you can keep ventrilo saved on your desktop as a fond memory)

Terri/Pie and I will be adding additional mods to the discord.

HERORIUS

• Ewer wrote: »
    Make me a mod so I can ban anyone who breaks CC.

you are in the bg most nights- so just let me know.
    HERORIUS

• Tully has agreed to use this discord for PVE raids now as well and is a Admin/Moderator

Please join for CH9 raids now as well in Albion

Link below:

https://discord.gg/gvgkDk
    HERORIUS

• @Ewer so ban them from voice for breaking CC so they can break CC more.. LOL not to mention zerging everything is broken within the 1st 2 sec.
  • I'm in discord now and available to help push to talk options if needed.
    Some albs doing that now
    HERORIUS

• So much easier to use than vent. Vent is like a blocky old program that’s much harder to navigate imo. Plus you can always login to discord on a phone app and tell someone to save you a spot or whatnot in he chat.
  • UPDATED: join here

https://discord.gg/Sy8SWC
    HERORIUS

• If I join will you ban me for farming you when you step away from your bg?
  • This link will last for more people:

https://discord.gg/2k9TAD
    HERORIUS

• Do you have any ownership or control of this discord group?
  • Ciddire wrote: »
    Do you have any ownership or control of this discord group?

We already have moderators whose sole purpose is NOT to ban/kick people from communicating or expressing themselves. I appreciate your interest but I find their approach more helpful to the game and the survival of it.
    HERORIUS

The fact that he doesn't directly answer the question means yes.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Ciddire wrote: »

As long as people are respectful (jokes are allowed) there is no need to turn forums into ghost towns.
    HERORIUS

• edited August 2018 PM
    double
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »

As long as people are respectful (jokes are allowed) there is no need to turn forums into ghost towns.

Given your history, wouldn't it make sense to step down from any ownership and have and have a 3rd party run that discord? Outside of doing that, I would be very suspicious of your intentions.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »

Given your history, wouldn't it make sense to step down from any ownership and have and have a 3rd party run that discord? Outside of doing that, I would be very suspicious of your intentions.

You should be glad I am bringing #'s to Albion and to the game. Some people just stay jealous.
    A history of creating ghost towns is nothing to be boasting about.
    HERORIUS

• edited August 2018 PM

Lol what? Suspicious of his intentions? It’s a video game, calm down Mr. Conspiracy theory guy. You clearly don’t know the real Nate. I’m a mod in that channel, and I assure you there is nothing remotely shady going on there.

Who are you toons in-game?
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Lol, yeah he has a bad rep but what can he possibly do in a discord that is going to really affect someone? Is there some way to steal identities and credit card info or something through discord?

Did you notice in his reply how he did not address your concern at all but instead went the route of people should just be grateful for him. When I saw the suggestion of him giving up control I was curious to see the response however, anyone that has observed the actions and behavior of this individual would be able to correctly guess that his ego will not allow him to give up control over something like this.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Lol what? Suspicious of his intentions? It’s a video game, calm down Mr. Conspiracy theory guy. You clearly don’t know the real Nate. I’m a mod in that channel, and I assure you there is nothing remotely shady going on there.

Who are you toons in-game?

You were a cheerleader of Nate's even when he was participating in actions that ultimately led to his accounts being banned. You've never not been an avid supporter of his which means your predictable endorsement of him may not be sufficient to combat the stigma of his sketchy past.
  • I was not a cheerleader of his when he was playing mid and also when he was doing the reaver crap. In fact I didn’t really like him. I do however applaud the effort he has made to try to bring life back to alb, especially when it couldn’t even field a 1/4 of the numbers of the main opposition when rescu took a hiatus. Does it matter if his intentions are to feed his ego, or if he really actually cares about Alb? Either way he has reexhilerated the alb bg and made it fun again for the albs who stuck with it and people who are switching to alb to try and even the odds(such as myself). I do feel like a douche when fighting people in mid I respect like xy and smeg and my old guildies, but I switched because A, there was like a month of playing where it was so slow I wouldn’t even bother logging in and actually unsubbed my accounts because of it, and B, Nate made it extremely easy and to switch over and has been a source of entertainment and help when needed. So say what you want about his intentions, but the result of the 100’s of videos he posts and his propaganda machine, new life has been breathed into Alb for the time being.
  • Sovereign you don't even play to my knowledge. You gave up like others when it got rough in Albion. Have no fear I switched realms to keep the game alive.

My reaver account being banned is something I still dispute and the rules were sketchy. In fact I was given a 3 day suspension which overnight turned into an Master Account Ban. I used no program to control multiple computers.

I understand some of you are upset I created a discord which has become popular and helped turn Albion into a fighting force. You are stuck in the ways of the past in Ventrilo and poor leading. Have no fear- Nate is here !

I welcome all haters to join the Open Bg Tonight in Albion :)
    HERORIUS

We already have moderators whose sole purpose is NOT to ban/kick people from communicating or expressing themselves.

Whilst this is a great idea, Discord has so many powerful features available.

I have already been pre-banned from this discord for merely trying to help you, its only a matter of time before other loyal albs are likely to follow that path for merely disagreeing and or questioning the person leading the change.

I hope others can see through the facade before its to late, we have already seen other popular discord servers been deleted because the owner threw his toys out of the cot.

Good luck team.

• edited August 2018 PM
    tald wrote: »
    We already have moderators whose sole purpose is NOT to ban/kick people from communicating or expressing themselves.

Whilst this is a great idea, Discord has so many powerful features available.

I have already been pre-banned from this discord for merely trying to help you, its only a matter of time before other loyal albs are likely to follow that path for merely disagreeing and or questioning the person leading the change.

I hope others can see through the facade before its to late, we have already seen other popular discord servers been deleted because the owner threw his toys out of the cot.

Good luck team.

You were banned for cheating and giving information to other players across realms. Sorry
    Anyone that attempts to relay RvR information from the Game Changer Discord to Mid/Hib will be banned as well.
    HERORIUS

• Don't miss this coming Monday as Albion Travels To Midgard

HERORIUS

You were banned for cheating and giving information to other players across realms. Sorry
    Anyone that attempts to relay RvR information from the Game Changer Discord to Mid/Hib will be banned as well.

Thanks for reinforcing what I and others have said, I don't do anything accused of - this is merely you trying to reinforce what other have stated in this thread by making up reasons and blindly standing by them.

Best of luck, Albion.

• edited August 2018 PM
    tald wrote: »

Thanks for reinforcing what I and others have said, I don't do anything accused of - this is merely you trying to reinforce what other have stated in this thread by making up reasons and blindly standing by them.

Best of luck, Albion.

Again anyone who relays information across realms from the Game Changer Discord - will be banned.
    I know that sharing the discord info will possibly result in a few people trying to take advantage.
    It is what it is..... You were banned during the reaver bomb era which was awhile back.

HERORIUS