herorius and his zerging

I probably speak for a lot of albs and mids , we don't mind hero running his bgs when other bgs are up and about. But he not making any action he kills a lot of it cause people are tired of him taken keep after keep after keep. He breaks all the ports, logs comes back in and retakes low level keeps with little or defenders. people log or just go do other things cause they getting tired of it. maybe he should cut down on the keep takes, cut down on 7 days a week bg running, or say hey look there no one on I came back later and run a bg. and before people rip on xy for running bgs he runs 3 days a week when the population is at highest in US prime time, then he only takes a port, and logs early when nothing to kill. I know people will say I crying but facts are facts

Comments

• I think it’s also the fact that there is little chance to kill any of the hibs, even with a couple groups defending. Hib has always had a fairly good advantage for defending and taking with their classes ability distributions. Stun nuke has always been a great siege advantage. Tons of pet classes. Hugely popular wall climbing classes and an abundance of popular healing classes.
  • There is even more action for hibs if he is not online, from a hib players view.
    But it seems he has resis maxed against arguments, only option...don`t fight him.
  • Hib zergs kill off all of alb/mid ports and ruin the fun for everyone not mindlessly zerging w/ him. There really is no reason to try and fight his numbers.
    ~Westies
  • Sanford wrote: »
    facts are facts

Just takes someone to step up and lead against him to defend and or attack, Midgard has the population - judging by Anna / Xyor / Smegers BGs. Just lacks leader during Hero's rampage.

Hero is consistant and predictable.

We saw a new leader - Ronaldis recently step for Albs and destory Hero a few times trying to invade Albion. Inspire and people with follow.

• Sanford wrote: »
    I probably speak for a lot of albs and mids , we don't mind hero running his bgs when other bgs are up and about. But he not making any action he kills a lot of it cause people are tired of him taken keep after keep after keep. He breaks all the ports, logs comes back in and retakes low level keeps with little or defenders. people log or just go do other things cause they getting tired of it. maybe he should cut down on the keep takes, cut down on 7 days a week bg running, or say hey look there no one on I came back later and run a bg. and before people rip on xy for running bgs he runs 3 days a week when the population is at highest in US prime time, then he only takes a port, and logs early when nothing to kill. I know people will say I crying but facts are facts

Why doesn't someone just lead during the early hours. Herorius is never going to stop what he's doing and why should he? This game doesn't tell him he can't zerg at this hour because no one wants to fight him from other realms and trying to tell him he has to zerg at a certain hour is just load of nonsense. If you want to compete start something, if you don't well that's your loss and the reason Herorius PvE's your keeps all day and night but I could say the same thing about the Mid zerg at US prime-time. :)
  • tald wrote: »
    Sanford wrote: »
    facts are facts

Just takes someone to step up and lead against him to defend and or attack, Midgard has the population - judging by Anna / Xyor / Smegers BGs. Just lacks leader during Hero's rampage.

Hero is consistant and predictable.

We saw a new leader - Ronaldis recently step for Albs and destory Hero a few times trying to invade Albion. Inspire and people with follow.

So not true, comes down to if a couple of good 8mans join the defence.
    Hero has normally around twice the numbers , albs yesterday did put up a show and defeated him in beno. Then he comes back cuts all the ports and takes undefended or defended by 5-6 randoms..

Think USA time not so bad, euro time we can seen 50-70 hibs , last night be be fair was 40 on beno.

I moved alb for this reason, I can not play hib anymore, euro time hibs just plain dumb. I get why they follow but if you look past a few easy rps its not good for the game.
  • Meh, I get what people are saying but I have seen the Albs and Mids do the same. As the op said, the only difference is Herorius does it on a more consistent basis. During the week on American prime time I deal with the same issues. 2-3 Hib keeps are almost always taken by Mids and Albs.
  • Lol@ mids only run 3 days a week... They run 7 days a week with 3 to 4 leaders. Hero runs during EU prime not his fault no other leaders run except for anna at that time. I mean US prime its mids dominating. What's the difference? This thread is null.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    and night but I could say the same thing about the Mid zerg at US prime-time. :)

How is this even comparable. The US Mid Loop Patrol run at most 3 hours.... . They refuse to siege... ..

• tald wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    and night but I could say the same thing about the Mid zerg at US prime-time. :)

How is this even comparable. The US Mid Loop Patrol run at most 3 hours.... . They refuse to siege... ..

Well they kill action and they do siege when there nothing to kill
  • Lol@ mids only run 3 days a week... They run 7 days a week with 3 to 4 leaders. Hero runs during EU prime not his fault no other leaders run except for anna at that time. I mean US prime its mids dominating. What's the difference? This thread is null.

There no difference, I don't even know why the complain as you were saying Jolly they run 7 days a week at US prime-time and run 3 times a week at EU prime-time and completely outnumber everyone at US prime-time. You are lucky you have leaders that can run at both times.

• he killed laby, and he killed nf with his zerg
    and best thing is he get rewarded for it ^^

broadsword huhu wake up, no news nothing since months..
  • edited August 2018 PM
    aso wrote: »
    he killed laby, and he killed nf with his zerg

I find it funny people cry so hard about Herorius zerging early hours when we've just mentioned about a dozen times. If you don't like him taking your keeps and killing 8mans. Form a zerg of your own and compete instead of whining about it. I ran last night during US prime-time with like 3 fgs and got rolled by 50-60 mids but we still went out and had a blast.

At least Hibs have a consistent leader that wants to run RvR or we wouldn't have anything at all. Lucky for Mid and Alb they have multiple leaders during US prime-time. Instead of crying start something and stop this damm whining. I may not like Herorius tactics of taking keeps all day because it is boring but he is creating action for the hibs at least and to get them motived

Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • null
    You must've misunderstood what i was saying @Solicfear1 ;) i left mid for the reason of playing US prime and nothing to kill and moved to hib, i wasn't complaining about the zergs was simply pointing out wrong facts about mid zerg times. I haven't been on the game for over a month now due to this dieing game being pretty much boring now.
  • Agreed with @Solicfear1 and @Jollygreenjerk. Mids do the same just later in the day. Also, don't say they dont siege because most of the time when I log on several of our keeps are gone (usually crim and bolg). I don't mind if people want to complain about people zerging, but quit making it seem like Herorius is the only one doing this.
  • null
    You must've misunderstood what i was saying @Solicfear1 ;) i left mid for the reason of playing US prime and nothing to kill and moved to hib, i wasn't complaining about the zergs was simply pointing out wrong facts about mid zerg times. I haven't been on the game for over a month now due to this dieing game being pretty much boring now.

I wasn't saying u were complaining lol was just stating to the OP why on earth is he complaining about Herorius when hes got it good at both EU at US prime-time with Anna and Xyorman/Paindancer. The realm that should be complaining is Alb and I would understand that lol.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Agreed with @Solicfear1 and @Jollygreenjerk. Mids do the same just later in the day. Also, don't say they dont siege because most of the time when I log on several of our keeps are gone (usually crim and bolg). I don't mind if people want to complain about people zerging, but quit making it seem like Herorius is the only one doing this.

@RonELuvv totally agree
  • edited August 2018 PM
    I left mid for alb for just those reasons, although I like the people in mid, the population just doesn’t support a fun night when there are no hibs and very few albs. I do die a lot more on alb, but at least there is stuff to kill now.

So far, I must say that mid is by far more organized and people listen a lot better than in alb. I think Xy would have an aneurism if he were leading these albs sometimes. A lot don’t listen to the leader, run off and chase random stuff and do their own thing which makes for some frustrating fights lol
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • I take it with a pinch of salt. If we die lots so be it and if people leave because of it that, then it's their problem. I'm not going to run round in circles all night hoping to find a fight that has the same numbers than us which I know we're never find. I will mix things up to make it fun by sitting in keeps/towers/roaming/AJ fights so it's enjoyable and so we don't get demotivated.
  • Blend was fun last night with a little three way action going. Hopefully numbers improve a little and it becomes a nightly thing again
  • I go back to a few months ago.

Hero had 95 on Renaris, there was 90 albs in the whole of NF, then people wonder why it’s dead.
  • The problem with complaining about zergs is that its not a game issue. It's a community and player issue. If enough people truly cared than some people on those zergs (whether its Herorius during EU time or Xyoman during US time) would switch up realms and even out the realms. The fact is that most players don't care about how "even" it is, but rather just care about getting rp's and tasks done. It's an open world RvR and what we do with it is our problem. Fix the players mentality and you fix the problems, but good luck doing that.
  • asoaso
    edited August 2018 PM
    aso wrote: »
    he killed laby, and he killed nf with his zerg

I find it funny people cry so hard about Herorius zerging early hours when we've just mentioned about a dozen times. If you don't like him taking your keeps and killing 8mans. Form a zerg of your own and compete instead of whining about it.

yes, good idea for ppl without rl
    other problem is, zerg is not everyones playstyle
    Post edited by aso on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Mids do the same just later in the day. Also, don't say they dont siege because most of the time when I log on several of our keeps are gone (usually crim and bolg).

This isn't even comparable.

Mids opening port to a coastal keep vs Herorius taking every single portal keep (forgoing any towers and opening any ports)

• asoaso
    edited August 2018 PM
    assumed you
    got no rl
    got no friends
    are at home since years
    got no teeth
    [edited]
    like to outnumber ppl
    like to pve doors

and therefore you got the time to form a zerg.

there are no players left for that
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    I find it funny people cry so hard about Herorius zerging early hours when we've just mentioned about a dozen times. If you don't like him taking your keeps and killing 8mans. Form a zerg of your own and compete instead of whining about it.

We don't care that he takes keeps or kills 8 mans - what happens is that prior/between/after Hero there is great small man/8 man action - Soon as Hero comes out all those hibs that were previously small manning and 8 manning - /stick him swallowing any would be action.

If those small mans stayied small manning and those groups stayied roaming as 8 - this thread wouldn't exist, its purely the fact he acts like a blackhole.

• edited August 2018 PM
    tald wrote: »

We don't care that he takes keeps or kills 8 mans - what happens is that prior/between/after Hero there is great small man/8 man action - Soon as Hero comes out all those hibs that were previously small manning and 8 manning - /stick him swallowing any would be action.

If those small mans stayied small manning and those groups stayied roaming as 8 - this thread wouldn't exist, its purely the fact he acts like a blackhole.

Bit like the Albs and Mids at US prime-time lol. I don't think i saw 1 8man roam last night but stick to the zerg leaders.

I can also say we get the same treatment at US prime-time like other realms get during EU prime-time. Like tonight I ran just before the mid zerg logged on. When they logged on i lost 40% of my bg because players prefer to be with a zerg that gets them realm points.

The sad fact is and I may agree with this mentioned before where the players mentality is to find the dominated realm instead of sticking with the realm their in so we can at least have some decent and balance fights. Sadly what I've seen for the last few days of running the battlegroup is that not many players are prepared to do this and continue the rot of the underdog realms having real no numbers to create 3 way action.

If you want 3 way action then you need the players. I've ran with maybe 1.5 - 2.5 but because we die a lot because we don't like avoiding but the other realms do we lose more players. This frustrates me and I'm afraid what I'm seeing will be the death of DAoC. This game can't keep going on like this where 1 realm dominates and the rest are just sit there and donates the realm points to one realm.

I'll continue to lead for a few weeks and see if the numbers pick up. For the sake of 3 way zerg fights let's hope it does!

Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • I have thought about moving realms again, but the thought of having to outfit my toons (again!!!) doing all the pve garbage just to get rvr ready, stops me. I haven't dusted off my hibs in a very long time...

Maybe, one day....