Serious Discussion about Vamps-- Need to be looked at

Clawspam … Evade... & probably the last class in the game who needs a pet

Next vamp prolly a diff spec-- but look what the vamp can do at the end

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• Xyorman commented on the youtube post for the 1st vid- but it's not about me winning every fight. I do lose once in awhile but most people are dying to claw spam vs these vamps. Not much can be done vs it.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Increase power cost and slightly increase casting speed. Should help. Vamps have a multitude of methods to build up power today that they never had in the past. Therefore the claw needs some alteration.
  • The claw doesn't need a timer or anything like that at all, which is what most people say - it will make them obsolete in everything but 1v1 if that's the case.

Heres some fixes:
    Remove powertap ability from pet (its currently aoe, it should just be a pet, this is the primary source of power)
    Remove siphon from effecting claw
    Could hard cap the cast time (similar to CL abilities) so its not affected by dex, but you would have to lower the cast time to 2.0
    Could increase to 3.2 or 3.5 cast speed
    Remove things like fumble

Heres how a rank 12 merc beats a vamp:
    Respec battlemaster - spam powertap, a vamp with no power is dead
    Learn to solo on a rank 12 merc... land a side stun and dump on him... or a parry chain and dump on him... a merc should have zero problems with a vamp

You are on quite possibility one of the hardest hitting 1v1 classes in the game currently... if he puts up melee resists... swap to leggies... profit.

tldr: rr 12 mercs shouldnt struggle with vamps 1v1, but the class does need some tweaking

• just watched the video... you didnt attempt to land one side stun... you attacked a prepowered vamp with a pet already up and didnt attempt to kill the pet... he had melee resists up and you hit for uner 100 mg for the first 20 seconds of the fight.

Please use your brain and swap weapons.
  • Excellent feedback Lou !

So I'll switch my whole ML line and go battle master (I thought zone of unmana would help), switch to leggies, kill the pet (while he claws me) Then I'll attempt to land a side stun more so than the parry chain cuz you saw I could barely land a style with that evade buff.

And I'll own every vamp b/c I hit hard as heck vs that evade buff.

Tell you what.. I'll try that and get the video back here ASAP. (as I learn to solo)
    HERORIUS

• Well, @lou was just giving suggestions and he is right. No spec will let you beat all spec/classes.
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Excellent feedback Lou !

So I'll switch my whole ML line and go battle master (I thought zone of unmana would help), switch to leggies, kill the pet (while he claws me) Then I'll attempt to land a side stun more so than the parry chain cuz you saw I could barely land a style with that evade buff.

And I'll own every vamp b/c I hit hard as heck vs that evade buff.

Tell you what.. I'll try that and get the video back here ASAP. (as I learn to solo)

Personally I have switched to Battlemaster on every toon that can have that compared to Banelord for soloing and the only reason for that is Vamps and Maulers. Fumble needs an immune timer just like everything else. Claw is fine tbh BUT the multiple ways vamps can get power now is unreal.

- Mythical Damage Conversion should not heal power on a vamp just like every other regen spell in the game doesn't regen their power...
    - Freezing chest proc needs to be nerfed to probably 10% instead of 20% (this is less of a problem now that most vamps are in curse set now or so it seems).
    - Pet is really silly and they never needed that to begin with
    - Buff shear should be removed from dementia line because a dem vamp can sit and play defensive until the cows come home and slowly shear you to death before he maims you enough to where you aren't a threat and he then builds power to clawspam 15x
  • Ok say one thing about a vamp.

I only have around 900sk on vamp but I would say Mercs and fought some good ones back in the day where not a vamps toughest fights.

You say side stun and dump, have to get you timing right. Dem Vamps run effect debuff and when they claw it breaks the buff. If you under the eff debuff then you side stun duration will be reduced by 44% which dont mean much, if you can side stun him while he claws then you will have full duration/.

Down side is when i played Vamp I would not claw till I have nearly full power bar, hit charge then macro the claw, just lame but hey ho.

They screwed around with power return items, I played prior to this and I would re-up vamp but I hate cheese classes.
  • Could also argue, you are a merc. pretty much one of the top solo classes. Does not hurt to have a class or two you struggle with, I mean everyone else does
  • Does anyone commenting here actually solo? I solo on my merc every day and some of these “suggestions” are hilarious.

1. Merc is a great solo class, but the days where they are top tier are gone. A good vamp will win EVERY time without some extremely lucky rng or the vamps cd’s down. Vamps, assasins, heavy tanks(wars/hero’s), and maulers are now the kings of 1v1. Disagree? Go camp the dual zones for a week and come back.

2. Swapping weaps— sure. I swap to heaters every time I fight a vamp on my merc. They pop magic resists, I swap to standard weapas, they pop melee resists... you swap back... doesn’t matter. At this point they have a pet up, your debuffed, fumble debuffed, and they are resistant to your damage type... so your doing **** damage. Don’t forget vamps have charge. 15 seconds is plenty of time to get this all up before you can side stun(which they will likely purge anyways).

3. Bursting vamps down is really the only feasible way to win as a merc. Battle master power tapping will not keep them drained long enough to finish them, as the longer the fight goes the less chance you have to win. This will work for sins that can power tap and reset or shield tanks that can tap and sustain with 50% block/parry and free 9s slam but not for light tanks. The only way to beat a vamp is dt the vamp, purge their fumble, cooldown dump, exploit a side stun, and burst them down before they can get everything up. If they have IP up, they win and this doesn’t work. In the current state of 1v1’s... they almost always have IP up(RA respect resets or IP not even needed as a vamp). Even if as the merc you still have IP up, it doesn’t matter, don’t even waste it as at this point the vamp is juiced up, buffed up, and there is no coming back from that. Once the claw spam starts it’s over and it’s not going to stop until your dead.

Vamps are def broken 1v1.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    null
    Good strats. The swapping between physical and elemental weapon is helpful. But the buffs have 1 min duration with 30s shared RUT (iirc), which means 50% of the time you are hitting like a wet noodle regardless of your weapon.

I would really encourage Broadsword to either increase the RUT to a minute so they can't be stacked or decrease the duration of the buffs.

The pet addition was dumb. But if it must stay, it really shouldn't be an instant summon while in combat.
    Post edited by Koredan on
  • on my zerker fighting vamps the faster i kill it the easier... if you wait too long he will have too much power... the father away from /bow town the better off i am cause if i can jump a vamp with no pet/power up in open field even with his purge and ip up he wont live through bainspike vendo. i have also found it efective early in a fight to purge the fumble and debuffs cause that gives a few secs of hitting with no debuffs on ya... a rr12 LT can kill a vamp very easily inside 10-15 secs if the vamp is not powered up....
  • The way I deal with vamps is high burst early on in the fight and weapon swapping depending on their buff. Physicals and Heaters. Keeping debuffs off however your class can is very helpful also. If you can cc pet anyway do it. Slam/zzz/root/scare just get it off you so vamp gets less power return. If you're Battlemaster use your power leak like a mad man. If you're not Battlemaster well... May the odds be ever in your favor.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • i can spam power leak all day, with the right mytherian and with a potion that gives me extra end, but i still get clawed to death.

i don't think think vamps were designed to be able to claw permanently, but at the moment, with the gear and all that, vamps can just claw forever. that's not the way the class was designed.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i can spam power leak all day, with the right mytherian and with a potion that gives me extra end, but i still get clawed to death.

i don't think think vamps were designed to be able to claw permanently, but at the moment, with the gear and all that, vamps can just claw forever. that's not the way the class was designed.

preachhh. Nerf vamps 2018. Also, fire Broadsword staff 2018 for this new gear, then rewind to DF patch
  • edited August 2018 PM
    rewind to lab.... i dont like lab but the classes were alot better then lets give everyone a pet

and still not fix pet pathing... in ark age of pet alot you would think they fixed pathing
    Post edited by kedelin on
  • give savages a pet that gives health !!!

just kidding....
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.