Will not be running Curse Raids anymore!

ATTENTION: I just want to say to people that I will not be running Curse Raids anymore and to stop asking me to lead one. I'm going to start running Battlegroup RvR on Hibernia during US prime-time on weekends only (Not this weekend) but the following.

I hope you understand, I'm just totally burnt out by them and in my honest opinion it's the worst PvE Campaign I've ever done on DAoC. Sorry to put it blunt but I'm totally frustrated by it all just generally hate the whole campaign. Hope to see you in RvR! :smiley:
Tagged:

Comments

• Is it the constant ld? The people missing credit? The no grantcredit? The long respawn times on random mobs? The ridiculous amount of quests? The right clicking little essences 25 times? The overall tedium? We need details, main.
  • Koredan wrote: »
    Is it the constant ld? The people missing credit? The no grantcredit? The long respawn times on random mobs? The ridiculous amount of quests? The right clicking little essences 25 times? The overall tedium? We need details, main.

All of the above u just said and just the way the Campaign laid out. It's just awful to lead and trying to explain it to new/returning players is very difficult because how confusing it is for them. I would rather go back to the old style of PvE where loot drops off bosses not this credit system where players miss it if they ld, bug out or don't understand something.

Plus they aren't going to change a thing on PvE side so I'm done with it! Just going to RvR when I can! :)
  • @Solicfear1 First off, I have given you a lot of grief over the pure amount of raids you have been running. And yes I have been pretty rude about it. It has been extremly frustrating to try and build a group for RvR when 75% or better in /as are off doing their 3rd cursed raid of the week (Sometimes of the day). I personally enjoyed and appreciated when you did 1 on Wed, and 1 on the weekend. You lead them well and that schedule still allowed for high population in RvR.

That all being said. I can't not blame you at all for stepping back on this. I don't run raids for those reasons mentioned above. Barding is already frustrating enough, I can only imagine the amount of tells you get while on a raid about Oh can we hold for a min, oh I didn't get credit for the step 2 steps ago can we redo, etc, etc.

Thank you Solic for leading them at all. The tree is pleased with your PvE Dedication and leadship. BS, you should take note of a dedicated PvE leader's input on how this campaign is currently working. The Game has lost a valuable asset for returning and future growth.
  • BS, you should take note of a dedicated PvE leader's input on how this campaign is currently working. The Game has lost a valuable asset for returning and future growth.
    I hope too , we need all our people in each realm on the battelfield , not in pve .
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    BS, you should take note of a dedicated PvE leader's input on how this campaign is currently working. The Game has lost a valuable asset for returning and future growth.
    I hope too , we need all our people in each realm on the battelfield , not in pve .

Not gonna happen we have been beating on the door out in the cold for years......no one is home.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    We've made many changes and addressed many issues from people on the curse campaign, including Solic/Tully, and we continue to address and make adjustments.

Saying we're not listening and not addressing things is blatantly false. We may not be there yet, but we are and have been talking with people and making changes.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Need some Chapter 9-10 groups Solic. Instead of raid, run a couple 8 man PvE groups once in a while. Please. :)
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited July 2018 PM
    I understand and totally agree with the decision! I have never been mr PVE but the cursed campaign is horrible. First rolling it out over months like ow left me not caring after 2 months. Btw the 25% free ip gloves should be nerfed

I recently went with a friend to get traitors dagger in oceanus and i had a blast. It was fun getting there and we were done after a short amount time. Everyone that goes back to Toa always likes the time spent going back! Its visually pleasing and for all the time mythic spent on the expansion it just boggles the mind that the toa gear has not been updated. I would love a croc tooth dagger that had Updated toa stats with the same proc. Same goes for all the astral weapons BS nerfed due to pete stances and never reverted back tonold form.

Its just frustrating.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • From my understanding, Tully also is not doing raids anymore too.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    It's because BS puts little thought into things and more so into constant class changes which dont need to be touched at all.. They touch a class that either make them completely broken.. Like say the necro for example or completely hinder a class to where no one wants them. Rather than fixing bugs or updating current content...
    Post edited by Jollygreenjerk on
  • There's so much wrong with this game atm its not even funny. Classes that needed help got nerfed and others that needed a nerf got a buff. No skill, just an item quest and the curse raid shows just that..
  • No Tully raids? And with that, dies alb.
  • No Tully raids? And with that, dies alb.

Yeah unless you're on EU/CET time, but I believe a majority of albs are not. I'm having to, "work from home," to get 1-8 or 9/10 on my alb chars now.
  • Do we still have active Knights that would be able to host these events? I don't believe Solic nor Tully are Knights within the program. These events seem like something they should be actively hosting.
  • Do we still have active Knights that would be able to host these events? I don't believe Solic nor Tully are Knights within the program. These events seem like something they should be actively hosting.

I'm not aware of any current knights that actively lead anything. I'm sure there might be one or two that lead an 8 man, maybe, but I haven't heard of any leading anything involving a good amount of players.