Tank grp on alb

Looking for peeps to make this happen

Comments

• What are you planning on running?
  • Armsman, reaver or pally
  • I’m bad, but I have a reaver in a pre-curse temp I can try out
  • pretty pointless thread without saying what time of day (timezone) you are running i think.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Muylae wrote: »
    what time of day are you running. if you play EU time count me in

fixed.

Post edited by tald on
  • 3 Necro pally Friar cleric (sorc mins)
  • Pure alb tank group just not viable you need at least theurg and sorc and ds necro you then become hybrid group.
    3 necros in tank group is not tank group as necros I have been reliably informed and tald can confirm are not designed to be tanks they are mainly interrupters.
    Hence the nerf to necro melee styles.
    The pure alb tank group no longer exists just dosent work too many heals and ablatives in game since ruined keep patch
    Games dead glory days are gone play tanks on mid and hib if you want a successful group .All alb is good for is caster groups and hybrid groups.
  • Brut wrote: »
    tald can confirm are not designed to be tanks they are mainly interrupters.

ummm no, i never said they are interupters - painworking necros are a hybrid tank just like a vamp/champ/mauler/valk/vw/thane etc.

our definition of tanks seems to differ, you need to re-read what i did say.

feel free to watch my albion tanker from last night

[video]
  • edited July 2018 PM
    actualy nvm
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Not a pure tank group tald it’s a hybrid group I did reread what you said and you did say melee necros we’re hybrid tanks whose main job was an interupter as I’ve said before pure alb tank groups are dead the other realms can run em but alb can’t you can run hybrids sure but pure tank groups no.
  • Those damn Brits and their queen. Maybe mari could do it, ffs
  • @Brut I 100%
    disagree with you. Your just not willing to see what your own realm offers you.
  • the only hard part of daoc is finding 7 other people that aren't retarded and know their roll in the group

classes is pretty irrelevant, maybe not so much in todays daoc with broadsword making a few classes way to op, but 9,9 out of 10 times, the reason you lose an 8v8 is probably not because the classes people are playing, but the lack of proper play by people on your team
  • Hue, while I see where your going with that, I don't think its 9.9/10. 15% Group comp, need to have at least some sort of group synergy, 15% gear template, 50% Skill, knowing group comp str/weakness, and your own chars str/weak and your roles within that group comp, 5% timmers usage and if they are up or not, 15% timming, getting jammed, bad hit, bad manuever. This is why set groups usually do better, like IRC, they don't chars that aren't templated, they all understand the group comp and their role in the comp, highly skilled on their chars, and understand the timmings on the map, how long ti takes for someone to speed6 from point A to point B, how long it will take some to get all the way thru a speed warp, vs. killing the speed ward. etc. Its why they have about 92-97% chance to win the fight before the fight even starts.
  • But your overall point, yes, there are many, many combo's for every realm, more than ever before, to run in a group, and almost every class has something it synergizes well with to build around, Mins probably have it the worst, Tic, then skald IMO, but that would be up for debate
  • you cant base the game off some people having cd's down and some having it up lol
  • So what you are saying, is that if purge and Bolster are both down and your group gets blanket mezzed by 1 group, and while getting picked off, another group adds on you, then you have a chance to win?

I didn't base the entire 100% off trimmers, but they do play a small factor if "everyone's stuff is down", also not saying its a guaranteed loss either, just makes it much harder to do, hence the 5% rating.
  • you cant base game balance assuming 1 char has cd's down and 1 doesn't rofl -_-

your saying hey broadsword please boost my class cuz my cd's were down and I died to someone with them up (well no **** welcome to daoc, bet you weren't crying bout cd's when you just used them to kill w/e you did)

whats next, you need more hp because someone jumped you with 10% hp after a fight and you couldn't still win ?
  • @Huehuaehue that’s not even remotely close to what he said lol, don’t be stupid. He said 5% of the outcome of a fight is based on timers being, which I think is somewhat right.

It’s tougher to kill a group full of R12 when your group is all below R3, if you considered both groups being of similar skill level.
  • so the game isn't balanced cuz someone is rr12 and your rr3 so you need a boost ?

ok I understand, but sounds just a dumb ;\ lol
  • Brut wrote: »
    Not a pure tank group tald it’s a hybrid group

we will just have to agree to disagree.

good luck with your 8 armsmen group.

• @Huehuaehue you still not getting that equation, I have never asked for a boost, and never complained about being of lower realm rank, Hell 2 weeks ago I was #4 on server going from Sub R5-to R7. What I'm saying is that for the general idea of a fight, the numbers I posted are within reasonable approximation why you win or lose, assuming it is an even numbered fight. 1v1, 4v4, 8v8, etc. When we start getting into the large numbers 3fg v3fg the numbers start to scew to who has the most warm bodies. Which is why I am oppossed to zergs. There is nothing fair about it. 8FGM v. 2-3 FGH, all the template, skill, and cd's don't mean anything. It would be a very, VERY low chance like sub 0.00005% chance that the hibs would win in that example. Which is why I have my ongoing call to arms for 8v8. RR means very little at this point in the game, it should be focused on quality of fight. I will gladly run 8x R3's against 8x R11+'s, as long as its a clean 8v8. I'm not scared to /release, as long as my team is improving, with each run. Now getting 7 others to get on board with that for a night... different story.
  • @Brut You understanding of a full tank group is flawed I think, because to run full tank means you have no CC, because Sorc is primary CC, and then you need to account for his damage in take as well as output. But, I would consider, cleric/friar/pally/sorc/Arms/Merc/Merc/Necro a pretty heavy alb group that would be really hard to deal with. Pally sticks Sorc and support, Sorc and Necro do rupts, arms and 2 mercs can dish out the damage.....As well as take quite a bit of damage as well. If you wanted to go super damage absorb, run 3 Arms. Thats a lot of mitigation that has to be dealt with, and a lof CC minimized. Do I think thats the "best" group setup that alb can run, no, do I think it could be played well with the right players and gear, yes.
  • Staticc wrote: »
    Sorc and Necro do rupts, arms and 2 mercs can dish out the damage.....

Merc's are far better at interupting with pet proc weapons and banelords than a Painworking Necro.

Sure Necro's do have a few short ranged instas for rupts, But Merc's are far superior in a tank group.

• @tald so either 3 Mercs, or you leave the necro as the curve-ball, Necros have good close proximity AE's that I think compliment it well with 1 arms and 2 Mercs.
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    the only hard part of daoc is finding 7 other people that aren't retarded and know their roll in the group

classes is pretty irrelevant, maybe not so much in todays daoc with broadsword making a few classes way to op, but 9,9 out of 10 times, the reason you lose an 8v8 is probably not because the classes people are playing, but the lack of proper play by people on your team

amen, it's the players, not the classes
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • tald wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    what time of day are you running. if you play EU time count me in

fixed.

only have a rr 11L7 wizard that i played maybe 2 times in the last 10 years, not looking for groups on alb.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    double post

Post edited by Muylae on
  • Watched your video tald curious as to how you ran that did you have the necro mini and merc interrupting one pally bging and arms pally assisting i think I’ve ran something like that before