Natebruner Returns

Hail to all friends old and new

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• "The Return of the King"
  • "The Return of the King"

Restore the Glory to Albion
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• guess whos back, back again

• free rps :D

• Playing alb now I see
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Staticc wrote: »
    [edited]

Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited July 2018 PM
    not sure the reason for any hate, nate is a player who goes out with w/e random is looking for group and tries to make all 7 of his groupmates have a fun night, he goes out and tries to rvr even tho against imposible odds, all for the reason of fun, he talks **** and makes posts on forums in order to create drama/fun

it is the exact same thing I try to do

daoc is about fun, if you lose the heavyweight fun havers of the game it would be very boring, you must enjoy fun and recognize it when you see it and have fun aswell

all the qqing and hate doesn't hurt anyone but yourself, we are all having fun, if you can recognize that and jump on the train, I feel sorry for you ;( at the same time wishing you the best^^

@natebruner don't stop having fun, If we lose that ability, we lose everything ^^
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Compared to the Natebrunner posts of yesteryear this is definitely a weak attempt. A weak impostor one might say.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    Compared to the Natebrunner posts of yesteryear this is definitely a weak attempt. A weak impostor one might say.

I understand the rules here
    HERORIUS

• eta for next ban? I need to farm RPS while I can....
  • Staticc wrote: »
    eta for next ban? I need to farm RPS while I can....

Don't recognize the name. I'm always recording and can share if we cross paths
    HERORIUS

• Right now it's just about having fun. I have my my thane who is nearly rr12 but to throw down hammers on the alb bg would make no sense at the moment. Albion is out numbered on most nights and needs help. If more mids don't switch and just beat alb down every night, it will make the albs quit and then there will be nobody left to kill.

I've been the best for far too long. Its not about me anymore really, I'm trying to save Albion and extend the US prime time bg fights. There is not a better game than DAOC. I just need more people willing to leave the advantage of always have the Midgard numbers.
    HERORIUS

• Welcome back, Nate. Is Piggy back too?

I don't get it.. they just need to play a little less timid, a little bit smarter, not mindlessly zerg around. I'm an intel sneak.. I watch it. The Billings flank Saturday night was a great hit. They can do it - they just need to work for it.

Except for the fact that I don't want to see my pop bonus go down .. the big fight Friday afternoon at Bled - great fun.
    The Alb aj definitely made a difference. Maybe Hib could use a US prime time BG leader after all.
  • aso wrote: »
    free rps :D

Only idiots post this video.

It was not Nate’s fault (I was the Bard in the group FYI and we were all in vent). Nate was waiting for a zepher (as he was TOLD to do). The Skald and Healer got confused on who was gonna zepher, so Nate ended up waiting for a zepher that never came. So it made him look bad, but it was not his fault.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    aso wrote: »

It was not Nate’s fault (I was the Bard in the group FYI and we were all in vent). Nate was waiting for a zepher (as he was TOLD to do). The Skald and Healer got confused on who was gonna zepher, so Nate ended up waiting for a zepher that never came. So it made him look bad, but it was not his fault.

I don't think celticdual knew how famous that non-zepher would end up being. Maybe we will get another 5v5 tourney again ? We went way tank heavy and paid the price.
    HERORIUS

• Ssavii wrote: »
    Welcome back, Nate. Is Piggy back too?

I don't get it.. they just need to play a little less timid, a little bit smarter, not mindlessly zerg around. I'm an intel sneak.. I watch it. The Billings flank Saturday night was a great hit. They can do it - they just need to work for it.

Except for the fact that I don't want to see my pop bonus go down .. the big fight Friday afternoon at Bled - great fun.
    The Alb aj definitely made a difference. Maybe Hib could use a US prime time BG leader after all.

Hail- No piggys account was banned when they banned my EA account. The kalorian bombing resulted in my ea account which had everything linked on it to be banned. (over 10 accounts) So she can not play her hunter at the moment. That resulted in my zerk account being banned on a different acct. This also caused the swinsky account to be banned.

I do not understand the Alb bg tactics, but I try to do my best. I do not understand using Ventrilo and the leader trying to MA. I am not saying the MA has to be me, but someone who can call it. But mainly the direction and the push . There is too much fleeing on inc. When I stated to stand your ground last time, one alb stated they couldn't do that with thanes and the range that Thanes had. It's a losing mentality. I try to go in and let albs see I'm there fighting... don't run and lets do this. If you are going to die, don't die trying to run away from the battle. That is a cowards death.

There are ways to stop the Mid heavy push.

HERORIUS

• edited July 2018 PM
    The problem with Albs is that a majority play casters. If they played more tanks they could stand a chance. But as of now the Thanes will destroy Albion because the lack of tanks will not force the Thanes to move. The Thanes can turret cast 1600 range 400 radius hammers. This gives Midgard an advantage.

(edit)

And the sorcs will just ae mezz once and try to dps instead of continue to ae mezz interrupt from 1875 range... I've seen it too many times.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • you can say what you want, hahaha man i die when i see this epic failS, and he says hes very fast, the best blablabla.
    here you can see his skill hahahahhahahahahahahhaha what a joke player

DaRedANT wrote: »
    aso wrote: »

• Nate is still the Fisher King, even after a huge layoff.

Just say hello and , bam, FISH ON!!!
  • Daelin wrote: »
    And the sorcs will just ae mezz once and try to dps instead of continue to ae mezz interrupt from 1875 range... I've seen it too many times.

this is 2018, I don't think anyone has interrupted in daoc in many years lol ;\
    The problem with Albs is that a majority play casters. If they played more tanks they could stand a chance. But as of now the Thanes will destroy Albion because the lack of tanks will not force the Thanes to move. The Thanes can turret cast 1600 range 400 radius hammers. This gives Midgard an advantage.

(edit)

THIS. Too many times my Thane has been shut down due to mezz spamming.

(edit)

Most of the coolest visual classes are in Midgard. Thanes are by far the coolest casting class with hammers dropping everywhere. The warlock has the best looking pbaoe. The vendo mode of zerks is nothing like albion has. No alb tank can transform like the other 2 realms can. There is a little reason to play albion melee when you can go play a zerk/savage or be hero. You will be one of a handful playing albion melee if you decide to. I don't mind doing it, but albs gotta stand their ground and fight.
    HERORIUS

• edited July 2018 PM
    I'm in the process of making a merc atm but I have always wanted an armsman. I think I might level one tonight. Alb melee has always interested me. I have all tanks/light tanks on mid and hib - I guess it's time to level an Alb tank other than my reaver.

Edit: And to Nate - I'll always believe that Warrior is better than a Hero. My Warrior is lower rr and hits harder, has better defense and a better rr5. Plus as axe spec I get a built in 2 part positional ASR that if I remember correctly is 30% (I could be wrong but I know it's a decent delve). I know you mentioned a Hero class but to me, Warrior is much stronger. But that's just my opinion.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • welcome back
  • JakJak
    edited July 2018 PM
    I disagree the Albs are outnumbered. The last several nights I have played, the numbers were even, or a 10% swing in Alb or Mid through the night.

Is the realm bonus population stats wrong or incorrect?

I still giggle every time I throw hammers. So much fun.
    Post edited by Jak on
    I'm in the process of making a merc atm but I have always wanted an armsman. I think I might level one tonight. Alb melee has always interested me. I have all tanks/light tanks on mid and hib - I guess it's time to level an Alb tank other than my reaver.

Edit: And to Nate - I'll always believe that Warrior is better than a Hero. My Warrior is lower rr and hits harder, has better defense and a better rr5. Plus as axe spec I get a built in 2 part positional ASR that if I remember correctly is 30% (I could be wrong but I know it's a decent delve). I know you mentioned a Hero class but to me, Warrior is much stronger. But that's just my opinion.

There is nothing like the warrior rr5 in this game. You will see many more warriors than you do armsman classes.
    HERORIUS

• Jak wrote: »
    I disagree the Albs are outnumbered. The last several nights I have played, the numbers were even, or a 10% swing in Alb or Mid through the night.

Is the realm bonus population stats wrong or incorrect?

I still giggle every time I throw hammers. So much fun.

Honestly it seemed most Sundays for awhile that Albs had a numbers advantage. But Friday and Saturday nights it's mostly Mids that outnumber the Albs. Midgard has never really been in trouble as far as RVR goes. That's why they need to be very careful in this. Albion needs a guild group from Midgard to switch over. Seldom do you ever even have port into Midgard. So many mids they won't allow it.

HERORIUS

• SymSym
    edited July 2018 PM
    All it takes is for someone to set up a TS server for the Alb BG nightly. People will join, get coordinated and have a good time. And maybe even stream the fights on a 5-10 minute delay.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Sym wrote: »
    All it takes is for someone to set up a TS server for the Alb BG nightly. People will join, get coordinated and have a good time. And maybe even stream the fights on a 5-10 minute delay.

They won't leave Ventrilo. I've tried spamming the "gamechangers" discord info in bg chat only to be told they use Ventrilo only.
    HERORIUS

heretics get a 1750 - 350 radius AE
    smite clerics get a 1650 - 350 radius AE
    albion has ichor on every 2nd class at 1850 - 500 radius

the tools are there.

• Disco blows as well
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • tald wrote: »
    Daelin wrote: »

the tools are there.

I agree the tools are present. Problem is nobody wants to play melee toons on Albion. This in turn causes the massive push from mid tanks as it should be. Nobody is holding the front lines of albion. This results in crushing casters in open field season. So it's hold a tower or wait in a CK and hope mids wanna come take it. This causes boredom on both sides.
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    tald wrote: »

the tools are there.

I agree the tools are present. Problem is nobody wants to play melee toons on Albion. This in turn causes the massive push from mid tanks as it should be. Nobody is holding the front lines of albion. This results in crushing casters in open field season. So it's hold a tower or wait in a CK and hope mids wanna come take it. This causes boredom on both sides.

Not to mention sorc bolt range mezz. Albs should be cleaning up in open field, period. It's not about the tanks in albion, they have some great tanks, I'm not going to going into details on reavers, mercs, they can surely hold their own. Hell, I was hit by a pole armsman for 900+, they can complete.

If your tactics in RvR are not working, change them. Ask yourself why it's not working, get input from others, whatever it is to learn how to win. You aren't going to win every fight, but at least go down swinging and giving it your best shot.

For all that is holy, stop running!
    Natebruner wrote: »

the tools are there.

Not to mention sorc bolt range mezz. Albs should be cleaning up in open field, period. It's not about the tanks in albion, they have some great tanks, I'm not going to going into details on reavers, mercs, they can surely hold their own. Hell, I was hit by a pole armsman for 900+, they can complete.

If your tactics in RvR are not working, change them. Ask yourself why it's not working, get input from others, whatever it is to learn how to win. You aren't going to win every fight, but at least go down swinging and giving it your best shot.

For all that is holy, stop running!

I agree. Stop running. To charge in and slow down the push to see others running away to survive is the part I'm not fond of. There are not many mercs or reavers in the alb bg. There are not many armsman in the alb bg.

I don't know if you have missed the part of my suggestions of using an MA and leaving Ventrilo to upgrade. This is not something they are interested in. Midgard not only has numbers, cooler classes, but are more serious and organized. This results in a low winning % for Albion. Midgard has never been in trouble like this. Midgard has enough front line support to let those thanes cast away.
    HERORIUS

the tools are there.

how is this different from Herorius overrunning Annamariede ? Herrorius runs over Annamariede due to having more tanks and having more AE interupts/ AD damage.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • btw, i love you nate ;)
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I tried playing my reaver on alb but mid is by far more friendly and easier to get groups. Since I know no one on alb I sidecar the Zerg looking for group and die with no heals :smile: essentially alb is their own worst enemy
  • Wait, wait....I thought Mid was the meaner than mean realm. All those elitist pr*cks and Pol Pot leading the bg most nights. Not to mention all those overpowered Mid toons! :D

That is sad to hear that it seems to be that toxic on Alb. Hopefully that will change, as someone mentioned, no other realms to fight = no game for any of us (those that are left that is).
  • I have been trying to play my theurg lately and keep going back to mid cause I will sit in relic town on alb for 45 min lfg... do a couple solo runs then log off... when I came back in February I rolled mid and started from scratch and have never had a hard time finding groups esp in the bg... so I agree with burkley that alb is there own worst enemy and should quit being so toxic and start actually inviting people lfg
    Wait, wait....I thought Mid was the meaner than mean realm. All those elitist pr*cks and Pol Pot leading the bg most nights. Not to mention all those overpowered Mid toons! :D

That is sad to hear that it seems to be that toxic on Alb. Hopefully that will change, as someone mentioned, no other realms to fight = no game for any of us (those that are left that is).

I don't think it's toxic on Albion. Rescu is a really nice reasonable guy. I just believe they are set in their ways and it doesn't work. People are reluctant to change.
    HERORIUS

• Muylae wrote: »

the tools are there.

how is this different from Herorius overrunning Annamariede ? Herrorius runs over Annamariede due to having more tanks and having more AE interupts/ AD damage.

Hero owns the EU time. I've seen good numbers with Anna. In USA prime time you really don't see good numbers with albion. Once a week you might get lucky and see a good alb showing with numbers.

Basically it comes down to nobody wants to play Albion tanks. The merc is great for solo but visually and for cool stuff the other realms offer more. (Thane/Zerk/Hero)

HERORIUS

• edited July 2018 PM
    I don't think there is 1 person who has played all realms in the last many years who wouldn't say alb is the #1 most friendliest realm for sure, its the realm with most of the older players I think, and it reflects

its only toxic when a few salty from their lack of ability girly kids get on and have to tell anyone who talks about any random thing they are better at whatever it is no matter what because they are insecure and if they don't say they are good no one ever will

other then that, its nice tbh, I enjoy talking with albs they are friendly and have fun
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Hey @Natebruner , why don't you suggest to rescu to have tank night once a week. Maybe if you get people use to playing melee classes you might get more people playing them on other nights. Maybe you could lead the bg once a week and promote this?
  • Pigleto wrote: »
    Hey @Natebruner , why don't you suggest to rescu to have tank night once a week. Maybe if you get people use to playing melee classes you might get more people playing them on other nights. Maybe you could lead the bg once a week and promote this?

I offered to ma and my discord and I'll certainly keep trying. I think the majority of them don't want a lifetime Midgard guy coming over and "showing them how things are done". And I totally understand that. But man when Albion USA prime time folds.. it's game over. I felt like at least with the Reaver bombs Albion had a shot in any fight.
    HERORIUS

• I enjoyed the reaver bombs tbh. Kept everyone, well some, on their toes. Those bombs could go either way and only helped Alb.
    I enjoyed the reaver bombs tbh. Kept everyone, well some, on their toes. Those bombs could go either way and only helped Alb.

I totally agree
    HERORIUS

• Alb was weird for me.

I played on Alb for awhile, and when I swapped over to check out Hib for the first time in my time playing DAoC and I've been surprised at how different the community itself was.

I got invites to things on Hib, seemed to be a few more people pugging, and even if it isn't the best fun you can have - running with Herorious is actually fun and funny.

Whoever I ran with on Alb a year or two back was just a grump unpleasant ****. Now I listen to a delightful German excitedly yell about "handicap matches" and it's night and day with the enjoyment factor. Alb felt like a drama club for retirees and pensioners.

There is nothing like the warrior rr5 in this game. You will see many more warriors than you do armsman classes.

There is also nothing else like Heretic RR5, which in conjunction to abilities/suitable RA setups will make non casters unkillable by magic as well.
  • tald wrote: »

There is also nothing else like Heretic RR5, which in conjunction to abilities/suitable RA setups will make non casters unkillable by magic as well.

I agree Tald. But that popular Mid Melee keeps trucking through that RR5.
    The warrior RR5 absorbs all types of dmg though and can absorb everything.
    HERORIUS