Some New Mithril Store Ideas for Broadsword:

Here are some features things I'd be willing to pay for:

- Character Personal Vault Space: I would happily pay $20.00 per page of personal vault space on each character. This would be a fantastic quality of life improvement. Path of Exile has done very well for itself by selling a varied assortment of bank tabs - players truly love these. Here are some examples:

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/stash-tabs

Players really... REALLY enjoy more vault space. So much so that "Sales" on stash tabs in Path of Exile are treated like an EVENT by the players. I'm serious here.

- Premium Houses: It would be great if we could purchase "Premium Houses" - I'd think $10, $20, $30 and $40 tiers would be acceptable. They would use the same basic wireframes as the current homes, but you might add some different textures for the exterior and interior to differentiate them.

The premium houses would double the allowed interior decorations, and increase the exterior decorations by perhaps 25%? (Yard space is more limited, I get this). They would also double the number of allowed merchants and vaults, and include optional vault hook-points next to the crafting benches.

- Premium Yard Decorations: These would be more detailed yard decorations with a higher poly-count. You could also offer some exterior NPC's like hasteners, stable masters (this one might be too difficult), token sellers and Portal NPC's. These additions would be handy to plant next to your consignment merchant for customers.

- New Mithril Weapon/Armor Skins: One of the best things your Mithril Shop offers is both the ability to skin your equipment. I make heavy use of this feature for all my characters. It would be awesome if you could create some new armor and weapon skins - complete suits with a unified theme. You could accomplish this more easily by creating new skins using existing armor wire-frames.

So, for example, you could create an entire suit of armor themed around "ice" with a cold, crystalline look to it, The weapons could look like ice chards. The players could buy the individual pieces and apply it to their armor using the same system you have now.

In other games, folks seem willing to pay about $5.00 per piece of gear. So you'd be looking at $25-$35 for a full set including weaponry and shield.

- Legendary Weapon Skins: There are very few ways you can customize legendary weapons - I for one, would love a way to add a different look to them - or even just remove the glowing effects. Perhaps a "glowie removal" skin that simply removes the various glows and auras from items.

- Back Attachment Cosmetics: It would be awesome if there were some "back attachment" options that could be applied to your cloak, thus replacing it. Backpacks, ruck-sacks, piles of books, quivers, eyeballs, skeletal wings, shields strapped to your back, weapons in sheaths, jugs of ale, banners with your guild logo, you name it.

I'd happily pay $10-15 dollars to change my cape into backpack loaded down with magical tomes on a caster.

These are just a few things that came to mind, I feel many of them would sell quite well.

Thanks as always for the great game.
Post edited by Northerncross_G on
- The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.

Comments

• I rode around the housing zones tonight, and noticed many cool places - the tops of the big hills, some of the secluded forested valleys, bends in the rivers - with room for a single house.

Perhaps you could create "golden" colored lot stones that cost a few hundred mithril to buy. This might give people some exclusive spots in each housing zone to set up shop, and help generate some income.

Another cool mithril shop item could be a house demolition deed that... well... does what it says on the tin. A guild variant could be made available so that guilds can move their houses about.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • Hi
    I agree that BS should be more creative and add some new stuff to the shop.
    Think ppl would spend some money for that but in my oppinion they (BS) have to cause in the long term it is the only way to finance the game cause at the moment specially look at the pop, abo modell is not the future or more and more ppl will leave.
    So they can see and try how it works or (but it will prob never happen) Classic will ppl bring back.
    Great Game but Time to realise things quicker!
  • If they never plan on fixing their subscription model to something post 1999:

For EC Accounts:
    - Class unlock tokens
    - RP Cap Increase tokens past rr 7
    - Extra Tradeskill token
    - Sub restricted Items (Pendragon bracer, tournament Ring)
    - CL Level skill point unlock Tokens to unlock abilities
  • edited May 18 PM
    Shieldla wrote: »
    If they never plan on fixing their subscription model to something post 1999:

For EC Accounts:
    - Class unlock tokens
    - RP Cap Increase tokens past rr 7
    - Extra Tradeskill token
    - Sub restricted Items (Pendragon bracer, tournament Ring)
    - CL Level skill point unlock Tokens to unlock abilities

Interesting ideas. I think that would be great - a perfect way to help entice the free players to transition over to supporting the game more.

• As to more MTX - I love the way the Dragon sworn quivers look on archers - a few quiver Cosmetic items that don't take up your 2handed slow would be exceptional.

Could make three with distinctly Midgard, Hibernian and Albion aesthetics. Then perhaps some others that match well with existing armor sets - I see a lot of players like the Dragon Slayer, Aerus and Auralite armour skins.

• edited May 18 PM
    Hussak wrote: »
    Hi
    I agree that BS should be more creative and add some new stuff to the shop.
    Think ppl would spend some money for that but in my oppinion they (BS) have to cause in the long term it is the only way to finance the game cause at the moment specially look at the pop, abo modell is not the future or more and more ppl will leave.
    So they can see and try how it works or (but it will prob never happen) Classic will ppl bring back.
    Great Game but Time to realise things quicker!

I wonder if they are worried about splitting the population too much with another server type? I don't get to sit in on all the cool kid meetings, so that's just conjecture on my part.

I like some of the things with "classic" rulesets, but I really disliked the buff ranges, how bad my old thane was in the early 2000's and CC seemed overly powerful back then, with too few counters. I think the 180k+ players in DAoC back then was as much a product of the era as it was the state of the game itself. A very large amount of class balance fine-tuning and quality of life happened between the old days and now.

It's my suspicion that people look back on the pre-ToA era with some rose-colored glasses in some ways.

What I DO miss is catacombs. Those were great dungeons, and the various underground cities and tunnels were gorgeous. I miss going down there a great deal. It was also an excellent shortcut to various zones and dungeons once you got it all down.

• I am not sure, if the population all over in Live is that big, that you will really split the population?!
    But i don t know numbers so i dont know if they are worried about this.

Like you said re open catacombs would be a fine thing and get some quality of life improvements / MTX Stuff, ...
  • They could possibly open a new server without completely obliterating the current population if they made it seasonal and dumped into Ywaine at the end of each season. Basically:

- Get 1x Seasonal Server. Each season can have different rulesets / durations (classic, mordred and so on). Server clears at the end of each season.
    - RP Cap said server and unlock rp levels as the season progresses
    - Allow people to copy their Ywaine characters there once per character per season. They may start without levels or equipment depending on the rules...
    - At the end of the season, characters are either moved to Ywaine (new) or have their realm points merged into their Ywain version of the character.

Hopefully it would attract people and get them to stay longer because they can be more competitive each season rather than trying to deal with the huge power gap that comes with trying to break back into Ywain. They would need to fix their F2P model first though :( The sub fee keeps people away from the game, and keeping people away drives poor population.
  • Hussak wrote: »
    I am not sure, if the population all over in Live is that big, that you will really split the population?!
    But i don t know numbers so i dont know if they are worried about this.

Like you said re open catacombs would be a fine thing and get some quality of life improvements / MTX Stuff, ...

Oh, it's surely not. I was speaking of the old old days - around 2004 or so. I apologize if I wasn't clear. I'd suspect we're looking at about 1-4k subs at this point based on the people I see.

I wonder if getting DAoC in the steam store would help?

• I wonder if "class change" tokens or even "realm change" tokens would be a technically feasible Mithril store option? You would leave behind your gear and bounty points, but take your titles, exp and realm rank with you? Perhaps this would be unfeasible.

I'm just trying to think of things that might help balance the population out.