Pendragon Update - Patch 1.128

We're delighted to announce that Patch 1.128 is now on the Pendragon test server!

Highlights
  • Less used damage RA's buffed
  • Light tanks no longer gain charge for free
  • Heavy tanks can no longer climb walls
  • First Aid changed
  • Warlock and Vamp r5s reworked
  • Assorted balance changes and bug fixes

Please hop on Pendragon and check out the below changes! Let us know your thoughts and report any issues you may find in the 1.128 patch channels in our official DAoC Discord, thank you!

Important Note:
We highly suggest separating out your normal game directory from your Pendragon game directory *before* patching and testing on Pendragon.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2023 PM
    Did you fixed the bonedancer perma buffing pets ?
    Gived Ani, SM and Ench Cabby tank pets Taunt back ?

(by SM and cabby i am not sure, but ani and ench tank has have it years ago, and atm dont have it miss it since iam back in game)

thane range still to high, set to 1500 would be better... my opinion
    Post edited by Omarius on
    In rememberin on old EU logress server i like to say...

Running full High Gear equipped 8 men group,
    over some causuals in random Drop Armor,
    is not really a fight or Art and requirre no skill......
    We call it Sport...^^

• Thank you for continuing to work on DAoC.
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • i don't get it.

BS seems to want to change the game ? why ?

why do people think change for the sake of change is good ?

most people playing this game have been playing this game for a LONG time

.... chess .... the rules have been the same for over 4000 years

imagine someone saying, 'chess is boring and stale' lets change the rules and now a horse jumps ahead 3 instead of 2 before going one left or right...

i don't think broadsword gets it ...

we play the game because it is stagnant and the same and the thing we are FAMILIAR with

change stuff and you will lose more people.

why can't yo just fix bugs instead of change the game ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i don't get it.

imagine someone saying, 'chess is boring and stale' lets change the rules and now a horse jumps ahead 3 instead of 2 before going one left or right...

we play the game because it is stagnant and the same and the thing we are FAMILIAR with

What specifically is the complaint, Muy? Most of the changes are minor.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I think the climbing spikes should have been left in, but moved to a longer timer like 30 minutes. It's too easy for heavy tanks to terrorize keeps right now because the cool down is too short. A longer cool down would make the climb pushes matter more.

I do not like the first aid change. I can see the potential for it being abused with the current system, but the cool down is too long to make it useful as first aid rather than run-away IP 5. Increasing the cool down to 5 min would have solved most problems i think.

• DaRedANT wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    i don't get it.

What specifically is the complaint, Muy? Most of the changes are minor.

i think the changes to the RA ranged AE damage spells might create some very 'novel' zerg busting group setups. imagine 5 people in group stealth, timing their VP 5 and their ranged normal AE spell or pbaoe to all hit in a fraction of a second. this is the sort of thing that will never get tested on the test server.

remove climb walls from heavy tanks ? it never made sense to me that people in the heaviest armor could climb walls, but hey, it made that a class without ranged options could do something in a siege... but it's a fantasy game, so i could live with it that people in plate could climb a wall ... and now they give climb walls instead to maulers who have one of the best nukes in the game ? that class already had options in a siege ...
    if they wanted to take away climb walls from heavy tanks, imho it would have made more sense to give it to the other 3 light tank classes.

remove free charge from the light tanks ? i don't like it. i can probably cope better with it than most other light tanks due to my RR, but light tanks, who are rather fragile, especially to ranged and spell damage, need this option to get into combat or get out of combat ...

i expect to see a LOT less people play heavy or light tanks....

i will cope, but for a lot of the less high RR people, this will be devastating.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I do not like seeing charge removed for free from light tanks either. They are pretty easy to counter already.

I'm seeing more and more nights lately where I'm the only melee class in the battle group :(
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Couldn't be further from the truth. For example there are no adjourned games anymore, time controls changes (faster and with increments), rating calculation got changed, there are more titles to be gained (AFM - AGM), how to qualify to and run the WCC, added 75-move-rule to existing 50-move-rule ... lot of rules around the game have changed. That also changed the way we play it, like Quickplay-finish.

The movement of bishops, queen and pawns changed at the end of the 15th century. Castling also got introduced later.

Yes, pawns still move forward but those core mechanics are probably the same for this game, for example sprinting and interrupting casters.

br,
    Matt (club player since 30 years & 2040 FIDE)
  • I'm just happy them game is still here after all these years.
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • I'm just happy them game is still here after all these years.

Same here man I was thinking the other day what I would do without this vice....
    The changes blow tho, radical changes clearly show once again that they don't have a pulse on the game at all and don't give a crap either. Cest la vie... :(
  • No one want the light tank charge nerf.
  • edited June 2023 PM
    Giving reavers stoi is about to be dummmmmbb. Also as someone who has a rr12 mauler giving them climb walls is even more dumb.. unfortunately tanks get the crap end of the stick in todays game. When my caster can put out 1k+dmg in 5 secs compared to a tank taking that long to even close half the gap. Taking charge away from lights when they already are shafted in the dmg game is kind of what is the word very ignorant?
    Post edited by CLIMZ on
  • LTs are not lacking in the damage department and giving out free RAs was a dumb idea and long overdue for it's removal
  • edited June 2023 PM
    i've been playing a bit on the patch on pendragon and the only thing i can say ... omg don't let this thing go live.
    my wizard with VP 5 executes single target with double bots and VP 5
    what is BS thinking with these changes ?
    no more climb walls for heavy tanks ? i never thought heavy tanks should have climb walls but that's the way it has been for ages....
    no more charge for light tanks ? light tanks are extremely vulnerable to ranged damage, no shield, they need something to cross the difference. to reach their enemies.
    climb walls for maulers with 50 magnetism spec ?
    double the value of VP and see stealth caster groups with 6 people with VP5 obliterate zergs at max range when the pass a shoke hold ? [removed]
    imho, delete this whole pattch and start from scratch
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • i'm going to get banned :disappointed:
  • i mean, wizard bolts, wait for first bolt to hit and hit VP5, if the target isn't dead, second bolt hits
    if the target isn't dead it probably means you hit the wrong target
    ?N and you should have nuked something different
  • six casters doing 1500 damage on range, combined with their own ranged AS spells ? wtf us BS thinking ?
  • I guess it's too late, they've already implemented it on the live servers. The issue is no one ever tests these things on pendragon and even if they are, it's implemented anyway on live servers even when their are disagreements on the patch notes. Honestly, just be happy this game is still alive, it really is on it's last straws.