Another request to bring back Catacombs/Instances/Task Dungeons

A few minutes ago I set both of my subscriptions to cancel again when they run out in a few days. This time I subscribed for two months after letting my subscriptions lapse for much of a year. The last time I came back I lasted three months. There just isn't currently anything that really holds my attention after I take a few characters to level 50. On the other hand, I used to love Catacombs and the other content which is no longer available. I understand that part of this content has been lost, but I would be happy to have access to whatever remains.

Comments

• edited October 2022 PM
    I wish Catacombs was around too, but there are still plenty of zones to PvE in.
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I know there are lots of zones, but I have never cared for most of the post 50 zones except for, sadly, the ones the devs removed. The other zones just don't hold my interest so I keep coming back and then cancelling again after a few months. I just don't see any reason to pay for two continuous subscriptions to play content that I really just don't enjoy that much. On the other hand, the missing content would bring me back, if not full-time, at least most of the time rather than for maybe a couple months a year when I get the urge to run a few characters to 50 doing original release and SI content that I do enjoy for a bit.
  • The sad reality is BS gambled on revamping old expansion content and it flopped before they could finish. Hence the broken state of Catacombs. The better move would have been to give these old areas the DF treatment, but that's hindsight.
  • puter wrote: »
    The sad reality is BS gambled on revamping old expansion content and it flopped before they could finish. Hence the broken state of Catacombs. The better move would have been to give these old areas the DF treatment, but that's hindsight.

The house won and everybody suffers.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited October 2022 PM
    Elspeth wrote: »
    A few minutes ago I set both of my subscriptions to cancel again when they run out in a few days. This time I subscribed for two months after letting my subscriptions lapse for much of a year. The last time I came back I lasted three months. There just isn't currently anything that really holds my attention after I take a few characters to level 50. On the other hand, I used to love Catacombs and the other content which is no longer available. I understand that part of this content has been lost, but I would be happy to have access to whatever remains.

Sadly this will be me as well. Just returned after years of being away only to find pretty much everything I loved about PvE, which while not the game's focus still comprised a large portion of it, was gone or locked away. I mean as a coder I get it, whatever reasons they are spinning it comes down to funding. The game's population is obviously not impressive to the point where unofficial servers are getting larger numbers than the game itself so the funds aren't there. Sadly instancing especially is a resource-intensive task, not just a zone's data and players that are in its data but the player's data plus as many copies as there are instances running of the zones data. Whatever reasons are given seem to just be sugar-coating of resources cost money servers and staff and developers etc.
    I truly hope it somehow gets better but I have no confidence that it will really. The game has lost its way and now is a mess of don't earn anything by working for it just fast track them to the end with as little effort as possible and give them everything along the way so we can just focus on the end game content working in one area of the game is after all more cost-effective and suits a large number of the people still remaining that just like the RvR elements. Good luck to the players remaining and the staff and devs working still on the game but think this is probably the last time I would pay to enable a subscription and be missing so much of what I enjoyed about it. I think it's cool that a F2P option was added and think if that was the only option and even had the option of accessing dungeons or expansions on a purchase or subscription modal would be acceptable but charging me to have what I would consider limited access to the game's content doesn't work for me.
    Post edited by DarkOmenzZ on
  • If they don't fix catacombs they need to at least let me delete the cata quest that have been in my journal uncompleted for the last 15 years, lol.
  • Agreed. I have these quests I can’t delete.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Agreed. I have these quests I can’t delete.

Appeal them. CSR can remove any quests you can’t delete.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Bah!!! Tired of dealing with fucktards that never think before changing ****!! Kinda like the IT folks where I work