New Servers

edited August 2022 in General Board
So, I emailed CSRs, with this suggestion in the past, after I was hacked.

As far as new servers are concerned, I was thinking since we have such division between the groups of me and my small, limited supporters of playing by the rules and Spirit of the Game vs those that think it is ok to spend huge amounts of money on special gaming hardware(high refresh rate monitors, gaming mouse with mutli-programmable buttons, special High RAM/GFX Card RAM towers)and think that macros and things that basically violate the Rules of Conduct should be allowed, I am looking for a happy "medium".

We keep Ywain, obviously.

The new servers could be designed, for those that exploit run-through, and what not. And they can do all the things they already do to normal players to "grief" us, and prevent us from completing quests for bounty points, staging "scripted attacks" on keeps to farm RPs, etc.

BUT, here is the catch:

Once you choose the NEW server cluster, you can NEVER come back to Ywain, and none of your toons from those servers may be transferred to Ywain servers.

And, IF you are caught doing any of those things, while on Ywain, your account will AUTOMATICALLY be reassigned to the NEW sever cluster, and once again, you can NEVER come back to Ywain.

It is a similar concept, that Valve uses on Steam, with modders and hackers with their PC titles. Since anti-cheat software can't always auto-detect, and cheating is always going to occur as long as there are players that have to "win at all costs", the NEW servers could be for all those players to play the way they think it should be played, while Ywain is reserved for players that are willing to pay or otherwise activate accounts to play the game for everything it has to offer and how it was designed to be played.

While this is not completely definitive, it is at least an idea that allows players to remain active, and keeps toxic players separate from normal players.

Essentially, you cheat, you get a ONE WAY ticket to only ever play with only other cheaters, for the rest of your days, but you get to keep your toons and account active and enjoy the services, too.

Honestly, it takes a lot for me to even consider "mercy" with all the abuse I have been subjected to, for exposing a lot of what is going on, but as it stands, I have also made some mistakes and owe some players a sincere apology once this is all resolved too. I am not completely blameless. I am a human, that does make mistakes.
  1. Do you like this idea?10 votes
    1. Yes
      10.00%
    2. No.
      90.00%
Post edited by Cindylennox on

Comments

• Well, looking at the %, looks like I'm gonna have to keep filing appeals as they are needed, to reduce and remove the toxic players, as well as alert other players to do the same.

I tried to give one last chance to be civil, but some just don't seem to learn why you do not keep spitting in the face of somebody that is trying to be respectful.

Arrogance is a nasty trait.

I see we are going to continue to do things the "hard" way.......
  • I think everyone can agree you've been almost anything BUT respectful lol
  • Just shut up and give us more artifact reviews...
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Well, looking at the %, looks like I'm gonna have to keep filing appeals as they are needed, to reduce and remove the toxic players, as well as alert other players to do the same.

I tried to give one last chance to be civil, but some just don't seem to learn why you do not keep spitting in the face of somebody that is trying to be respectful.

Arrogance is a nasty trait.

I see we are going to continue to do things the "hard" way.......

Well aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?
  • Oh, is that so, Triq_Dave, when you mock me for reviewing artifacts, when you remove me from the Discord channels, because I post the proof of the cheating and Copyright Infringement that is going on?

Or how about how I have been told to grab a rope and hang myself 2x, and told to go drink bleach, while being mocked and ridiculed about my stats, the entire time I have been playing this game.

Oh, and now that I know how to use the Herald, the same players that mock me about how bad I am because of my stays, are the same ones that can't take it being mocked back, about THEIR own stats.

Funny how that seems to work, YOU players do NOT like being treated EXACTLY how you have treated ME this entire time.

What is the matter, can you only "dish it out", but not take it back?

Maybe you should have considered the potential consequences, before you took said actions.

If you go to my original post, I tried to be civil, when I first noticed the stacked ablatives, did I not?

Well, nobody wanted to fess up, then, did they?

People laughed at me then, didn't they?

How come none of you are laughing now?
  • And Triq, as far as the warnings I received for the names I have previously called you, I am very sorry for all the mean, ACCURATE things I said about most of you......

Strange, only after I poke fun at you for doing your job for you, do I receive a warning.

Funny how that works, too.

But, let me calm down, before I compound my warnings further.

I have a post with screenshots from "Rankfiveoninc" and what he admitted to the other day, and a couple of weeks ago, when he had a lackey PM me trying to instigate me, and O ignored the lackey, as well as my video to Ruffel, as promised.
  • Anomally, can you explain to me, who I have aggressively told to go hang themselves or to drink bleach or have otherwise gone on the attack about them as a person, versus defending myself AGAINST the same types of attacks on me?

When have I gone as far as installing a webcam in any of your homes, or hacking your YouTube channels, or your PC, or hacking into the OnStar servers at GM to get your driving data and eating habits?

If you can answer all of those for me, I'll absolutely admit to being a "pot calling the kettle black"
  • I can't kick anyone from discord lol, I'm not a mod or in any way affiliated with Broadsword
  • Well, the ones that CAN, DID. So, there you have it.

See, when a person gets convoluted, and vague answers to their questions, that is one of the many ways they know they are dealing with a LIAR.

A truthful person does not mind being questioned, but a LIAR HATES to be challenged
  • Being directed to the specific patch notes is definitely being vague
  • First off, I was NOT directed to the specific patch notes until, AFTER I pressed the issies on "auto-training", by asking what the formula was and which classes were "allowed" to do it.

Second, I was also NOT given that information until AFTER my original post was moved to the general discussion, where it is less likely to be read by actual Mythic employees that DO give straight answers, like the great CSRs that email me back.

Third, the patch notes was a link to a Wiki article, that still has a function for being modified by the original poster or anyone with permission to do so.

Fourth, The link with the formula and the classes that could do it was NOT only a 3rd party website, and NOT an Official Dark Age of Camelot/Electronic Arts article, it also had errors in the article, such as stating that Rangers can spec a "Recurve Bow", except, Rangers spec "Archery", which can include either a shortbow or a recurve bow.
  • Bless those CSR’s hearts.
  • Theres a lot of things we like hard, like @Enkertons
  • How come none of you are laughing now?

I'm still laughing.
  • puter wrote: »
    How come none of you are laughing now?

I'm still laughing.

ditto
  • New servers will never happen.
  • Cindy had 24 hours off, today, thanks to Bubblemac thinking she was slick and silently appealing me, after giving me an attitude in region chat and she apparently doesn't like when she wants to act all high and mighty and a MALE puts her in her place.(I was appealed for sexist remarks).

I'll take the appeal just fine, but that means nobody is now allowed to troll me about my meds, or being crazy, or any of the crap I let go.

I warned everyone, the first time I get an appeal for trolling and vulgarity, it is getting done back
  • Anyone want to guess what Cindy did with her 24 hours off, today?

I'll give you a hint, it involves papers that were filled out in PDF and printed at a library from a website that ends in .gov and a postage stamp

I have a great YouTube video of it, uploading, actually