Stealth Classes and Fallen's Reprieve Ability

As the answers imply, and the question of the poll indicates, I would like some feedback on whether a future OFFICIAL patch update would allow Stealth Classes: Scout, Ranger, Hunter, Shadowblade, Nightshade, Infiltrator, and Minstrel, to be able to cast Fallen's Reprieve.

For those that may not know, Fallen's Reprieve is the Champion Level 5 Resurrection Spell, in the lines with the Healer base classes. It brings a defeated player back to life with 10% HP, 0 Endurance, and 0 Power Pool. Defeated player suffers 0 Constitution loss for PvE deaths, and no XP losses, either.

Here is my arguments on why it should be allowed:
1. Plain and simple: Time. This spell has a 15.0 second casting time. No champ level spells gains casting bonuses to speed or damage from your dex and casting stats. A stealther will come out of stealth as soon as they begin casting it and they MUST stand still the entire time. This is a HUGE risk for the player.

2. Range : This spell has a horrendous range of 350 units. To effectively resurrect a player, you are fairly close to standing on top of them.

3. Strategy: Since most stealth classes spec a "composite" level 50 Stealth and then try to compensate with Mastery of Stealth, most visible classes will not grouo with them, since not all stealthers have the "Heightened Awareness" ability, which grants visible classes a 20% stealth detection bonus. (Mastery of Stealth only helps when you land a Deathblow, but I am noticing a lot of High Ranking players have not read the text in the realm abilities section at a trainer.)

This means a stealth class player could effectively wait out a skirmish to resurrect a player, that would otherwise be hard to get to because they can get into range undetected by visible players leaving the area.
  1. Should Stealth Classes be Allowed to use this spell?7 votes
    1. Yes. 15 seconds is a very long time for a stealth class to stand still and remain visible.
      14.29%
    2. No.
      85.71%
Tagged:

Comments

• They used to have it, stealth zergs would just indifinitely camp specific spots and rezzing when dieing. BS removed the ability and everything is OK now.
  • Alright. I didn't realize it has already been tried and caused an issue in the past with RvR balances.

Fair enough.

It doesn't change my stance or my vote.

I also accept that since it failed once, that it woukd simy fail again if put back, bexause whem you do the same thing over and over, you get the same results
  • Mastery of Stealth only helps when you land a Deathblow, but I am noticing a lot of High Ranking players have not read the text in the realm abilities section at a trainer.

Not true, that’s a bug.

https://trello.com/c/bQsiFoYN/571-mos-delve-is-incorrect

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Mastery of Stealth only helps when you land a Deathblow, but I am noticing a lot of High Ranking players have not read the text in the realm abilities section at a trainer.

Not true, that’s a bug.

https://trello.com/c/bQsiFoYN/571-mos-delve-is-incorrect
    then explain how my Level 39 Minstrel was able to sneak up on Nexxron, who claims to have MoS 9 and is supposedly Level 50+22 Stealth, when she was only 39+9 stealth?

See, i have already tested this, as well. I am even getting compliments from regualr players, because of how close my Minstrel has to be, before they can see her, because she is currently 50+10 Stealth, and as it stands only legit stealth class players, like Kattlyrique and Tommyvercetti have been able to get on top of me or near me, without me seeing them.

Since I can see their killspam, I know they landed a deathblow.

as it stands, you are also citing a post from a site, called trello, and NOT Official DAoC Patch notes, which Stealth is covered in detail in Patch Notes 1.121

Here, let me post how Stealth REALLY works:

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121-live-patch-notes

As Quoted: "Stealth Detection

The minimum stealth distance required to be away from enemies has been removed. Stealth classes can now stealth so long as they are not in combat.
    The introduction of new +detection abilities has changed the overall stealth detection values. As such, we'd like to issue some clarity on how stealth detection will function going forward:
    Please note that the only real change to detection code involves the Shadow Seek buffs in Assassin stealth specialization factoring in +stealth skill over level 50.
    From an overall stealth detection standpoint, the values at which classes can see each other have changed across the board but the rest of the detection code remains the same.
    Assassins at 50 stealth specialization (with Shadow Seek IX) will detect other Assassins with 50 stealth specialization (with Shadow Seek IX) between 325 and 500 in-game units.
    This value can be influenced by the detected assassin’s +stealth skill over level 50.
    In other words, +stealth skill over level 50 will increase the ability for an assassin to hide from all stealthers using a stealth detection bonus like Mastery of Stealth, Shadow Seek, or Track; +stealth skill does not give any bonus to detection.
    A 50+24 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 325 units by other 50 spec assassins using Shadow Seek IX.
    A 50+11 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 425 units by other 50 spec assassins using Shadow Seek IX.
    A 50+0 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 500 units by other 50 spec assassins using Shadow Seek IX.
    Assassins at 50 stealth specialization will detect Archers with composite 50 stealth specialization (and free MOS9) at around 400 in-game units.
    This detection value is not influenced by +stealth skill over level 50 for either party.
    Archers at level 50 (with free MOS9), and composite level 50 stealth specialization will detect other Archers at around 725 in-game units.
    Archers using the level 50 Track ability will detect other Archers at around 1000 in-game units.
    Archers at level 50 (with free MOS9), and composite level 50 stealth specialization will detect Assassins with 50 stealth specialization between 675 and 750 in-game units.
    These values are influenced by the detected Assassins +stealth skill over level 50:
    A 50+24 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 675 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    A 50+11 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 713 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    A 50+0 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 750 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    Archers using the level 50 Archery Track ability will detect Assassins between 950 and 1175 in-game units.
    These values are influenced by the detected Assassins +stealth skill over level 50:
    A 50+24 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 950 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    A 50+11 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 1063 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    A 50+0 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 1175 units by MOS9 archers with 50 composite stealth spec.
    All non-assassin and non-archer classes will detect 50 composite stealth spec stealthers at around 125 in-game units.
    This is the same as on Live currently.
    All non-assassin and non-archer classes will detect assassins with 50 stealth specialization (with Shadow Seek IX) between 90 and 125 in-game units.
    A 50+24 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 90 units by all non-assassin and non-archer classes.
    A 50+11 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 108 units by all non-assassin and non-archer classes.
    A 50+0 stealth specced assassin will be detected at 125 units by all non-assassin and non-archer classes."

You DO gain bonuses to remain hidden, for specing base Stealth as high as you can get it.

Maybe you "developers" should try reading OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES, so YOU can "get good" at the game. This is when MoS was Removed from RAs and given freely to Archers, because of the inbalance in the game's stealth classes.

I may have died, on my Minstrel due to an 11 level scaling handicap and Molvik gear, but I was still able to pop an RR12 Nightshade with a side style melee snare(that didn't snare him, but BIG SHOCKER there), at 39+9.

And, Ironically, the damage bonus on the Minstrel's "Wildcat" ability(a stealth melee attack that looks like a perf, in their Thrust skill line), is hitting with the same damage level as the ability "Tranquilize", except, Tranquilize has "No Bonus" to damage, and Wildcat is supposed to have a "High" bonus to damage. It is strange because my Beartooth block reactionary style has a "High" bonus to damage and seems to work fine..........

I don't know why that could be.........It's a "mystery".............
  • MOS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LANDING A DEATH BLOW.

That's the bug. Period. It's a text bug, the delve is incorrect.
  • edited August 2022 PM
    as it stands, you are also citing a post from a site, called trello,

Yes, I'm quoting my bug, that I posted to Trello. That's the DAOC bug website. Clearly you are not familiar. You should post your "bugs" there.

Post edited by DaRedANT on
  • edited August 2022 PM
    Why? So I can be fed more lies and BS manure from the "developers", and then get kicked out for posting truth about the game, like they did to me in Discord?

See, what you arrogant little narcissistic players fail to realize is that YOU and the "developers" are the PROBLEM with low populations and players not wanting to play the game.

And you know what else, there are people inside Mythic/EA that are obviously sided with ME, because I'm still here, aren't I?

Where is Qiillikor, Kloki, Neutrel, Yeloocin, and many others that were here, when I first started okaying again, huh?

Seems that if I upload videos to YouTube and forward them directly to Customer Service, it works better than the "bug" channels.

But, I did get an invite for the Official Discord chats again, from Customer Service, so what I was thinking is maybe I could start posting the links to my videos, there, too.
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • We want more artifact reviews
  • Well, I did come across the Winged Helm, but because of its unique abilites, I am going to be keeping that one all to myself, now that it is Level 10.

What I think I am going to do is work on getting more deathblows with my Cursed Staff, on Saturnknight, like I did to Railaw today, after he had to get rid of his counterfeit ablative that was reducing the damage from my lifebane by 50%, reducing Surge of Chaos by 100%, and my Eventide Reflection by 100%, but wasn't reducing melee damage at all, for some strange reason. FYI ablatives do NOT reduce dmg from abilites before reducing melee damage, and they do not affect poisons or bleeding status at all.

Must be some kind of "developer special update patch", for Scouts only that all the other players didn't get today or something.
  • edited August 2022 PM
    [removed]
  • Just wanting more artifact reviews
  • edited August 2022 PM
    [removed]
  • edited August 2022 PM
    I'm curious where you're getting this info from. I'm 100% positive you aren't aware of my characters lol. Though a quick search could yield the results
    Post edited by Triq02_Dave on
  • I could careless about your toons. You side with the "developers", & when I was still in Discord, YOU were one of the ones that wouldn't give me a STRAIGHT answer about auto-training, and kept giving me convoluted answers.

It was only after I started posting how LIARS don't like to be challenged, that my posts were MOVED out of the "bug" area and that garbage wiki article showed up with the old "patch" notes supposedly had like 6 alb classes that could do it, 4 mid classes, but only Rangers and Nightshades, on Hib.

Then, you guys wonder WHY I don't trust you, when the wiki article is still capable of being edited of its content.

Just like Rankfiveoninc telling me they are married with children........I have caught you in lies.

Fool me once, shame on YOU.

Fool me twice, shame on ME.
  • I gave you a link to the patch, guess it wasn't straightforward enough.

Also, it's "I couldn't care less"
  • That would be a double negative, genius. Try learning the English language, unlike your "followers", that love to use "your" for "you are", instead of the correct context of "you're".

I could care less = I don't really care

Just in case you need a lesson in interpretation of the English language, since you clearly can't speak it any better than the illegals that Biden is flying into our cities, by night flights.
  • Oh, and another little "coincidence", except "coincidence" in one of the words you do NOT find anywhere in the Bible.

I mentioned getting a Winged Helm, then a Scout struggled and had to use counterfeit HoTs, while stealthed(claiming he was using pots, which would have taken him out of stealth and showed up in my combat texts, since he was nearby), because of one of its ability uses it has, and all of a sudden, I seem to be having difficulty getting it to activate, after buying the artifact credit and the three scrolls, for my Minstrel.

But, I'm betting you would know "nothing" about little "glitches" like that happening......huh?
  • That would be a double negative, genius. Try learning the English language, unlike your "followers", that love to use "your" for "you are", instead of the correct context of "you're".

I could care less = I don't really care

Just in case you need a lesson in interpretation of the English language, since you clearly can't speak it any better than the illegals that Biden is flying into our cities, by night flights.

You probably should have someone with at least a junior high education level proof your posts.
  • Oh, and another little "coincidence", except "coincidence" in one of the words you do NOT find anywhere in the Bible.

I mentioned getting a Winged Helm, then a Scout struggled and had to use counterfeit HoTs, while stealthed(claiming he was using pots, which would have taken him out of stealth and showed up in my combat texts, since he was nearby), because of one of its ability uses it has, and all of a sudden, I seem to be having difficulty getting it to activate, after buying the artifact credit and the three scrolls, for my Minstrel.

But, I'm betting you would know "nothing" about little "glitches" like that happening......huh?

Are you saying that someone is hacking you preventing you to activate a Winged Helm artifact on your minstrel?

Winged Helm has an occasional issue with activating we're still trying to track down, it doesn't affect everyone nor happen all the time. Please appeal ingame and a CSR will help with this for you.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Thanks Carol. I got it working. The CSRs emailed me, and I had more than 25 pending quests active. So I dropped a bunch of quests and was able to activate a number of them without any issues further. Thanks again for all your help.