Brief fiddle with a baby Warden

edited July 2022 in General Board
Seems like the age old problem. Nothing but Duo-Trio RR11+ stealthers. Why haven't they added a penalty for grouping with other stealthers yet on such a low population server? its completely beyond me. When I stopped playing, I deleted all of my characters to prevent myself from returning to live DAOC, I returned anyway... and what did I find? two-five (yea, five) RR11 stealthers together... it is absolutely astounding that stealthers have gone so long without any sort of real penalty over the years.

People claim Zerging is what ruined DAOC, I disagree, I think STEALTH zerging is what ruined DAOC. You can't see it coming, you can barely react to it and it's not fun because stunlocked and instantly killed by 4+ people without even knowing they were there.

It's about time Stealth had a penalty placed on it.

Suggestion and Stealthers can cry about it all they want

For every stealther in a party OR specific radius to each other, their stealth AND RP gained is reduced by 30%.

Obviously stealth zergers aren't going to like this, tough. You've had 10+ years of easymode gravy train... if they're serious about a new server - Stealth zergs NEED to be punished.

Edit: Ran from nGed to nGed watchtower solo /who all - 113 people online

What did I find at nGed watchtower? full group of alb stealthers, every single one of them RR6-RR11- the fact that this has gone on for so long now, speaks volumes about why LIVE is failing. Unless you combat basic crap like this, you will never compete with private servers.
Post edited by BloodOmen on

Comments

• I'd be in favor of a 30% reduction in RPs if you have 3+ stealthers in a group.

But here's an idea for BS. Give solo players a "sixth sense" ability. It only works if you are solo. When you get close to a stealth zerg, 3+ stealthers, you get a text alert in your message combat box. This isn't OPd and it prevents groups from running toons just to pop stealthers.
  • edited July 2022 PM
    It just seems like this has been ignored for years, literally over a decade at this point - they've nerfed and buffed stealthers in general but they have never addressed the larger issue, zerging.

"Dark Ages of Camelot isn't balanced around solo play"

That just isn't an excuse you can afford anymore given the population, it should absolutely be balanced around solo/low player as opposed to full on zergs.

The whole "Isn't balanced around solo play" absolutely had merit when you had 2000+ active players at simultaneously, you don't have that anymore though... not even close. Right now and I mean RIGHT NOW, you need to balance the game around lower populations.

It's absolutely mind blowing that this is still an issue 8+ years after it should be.

I've said on many occasions I have a sentimental attachment to DAOC, that's why my criticism of it is generally so blunt/harsh. Met my wife in DAOC and I hate to see the game neglected like this. I understand that BS have a very small budget and a very small team, I just think their efforts are focussed on areas that just aren't important.

I get it, a new server would absolutely drag players in, this is why freeshards drag populations in, people love a fresh start but just like freeshards, you have to work tot keep the interest. and I get it, freehshards is a dirty word around here but there is no sense in kicking that word under the rug because that is absolutely your competition.

New Server = Yes

Ywain = Do not neglect, focus on the issues and don't be scared to address them, you're losing more players by not addressing them than slapping them down with a nerf bat

You want my opinion

Make Gaheris 100% free - Zero restrictions, use it as your baseline to make people interested in the game, don't charge for a single thing if people click on Gaheris.

Change the F2P accounts to RR8 Maximum + remove ALL restrictions from them apart from RR's above 8

Increase crafting rates drastically, totally fine for people with plats in the bank to sit at a table and power level professions. New Players, though? they won't even begin to touch on that sort of plat until they get well into the Cursed Campaign/Level50... why make them wait? people should be introduced to crafting earlier.

Rebalance the cursed campaign, the numbers are low, no need for some steps to still require a group.
  • Just adding to the previous post - I'm well aware you may have 2-3k active subscribers, what I meant was active people on simultaneously. In that regard, I haven't seen many.
  • TopDude wrote: »
    I'd be in favor of a 30% reduction in RPs if you have 3+ stealthers in a group.

But here's an idea for BS. Give solo players a "sixth sense" ability. It only works if you are solo. When you get close to a stealth zerg, 3+ stealthers, you get a text alert in your message combat box. This isn't OPd and it prevents groups from running toons just to pop stealthers.

Isn't that what the "solo" zones are for?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited July 2022 PM
    Here is my "2 cents", probably because I grouo with stealth, regardless of what class I am playing:

1. Learn to grouo with stealth, when you are visible.
    With exception to Minstrels(which get NO stealth buffs all the way to 50 Stealth), ALL archery and assassin classes get a "Heightened Awareness" buff, at 45 Stealth, which allows visible classes to see stealth, and maybe you'll fair a little better.

Instead of whining and boohooing about something that can be fixed, maybe try learning how to play the game, like I always get told to do by "developers" and their followers
    Post edited by Cindylennox on
  • edited August 2022 PM
    Instead of whining and boohooing about something that can be fixed, maybe try learning how to play the game, like I always get told to do by "developers" and their followers

If a "developer" has told you that due to criticism, they aren't fit to wear the title. All criticism is valid, as long as its constructive and not just blatant dev bashing. A developer that cannot handle constructive criticism is a developer that will never change and never better the game they're apart of.
  • edited August 2022 PM
    Ignore Cindy. He thinks if someone disagrees with him, they're a cheating "developer"
    Post edited by Triq02_Dave on
  • Ignore Cindy. He thinks if someone disagrees with him, they're a cheating "developer"

I was warned about cindy ingame, even checked out a few youtube videos... lol
  • well ya might as well ban groups with anything of more than 1 of the same class. Sneaks group always have.
  • Bump
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters