Groups using the port to solo zones

I raised this before but nothing was done to solo zone port mechanics.
Groups are still porting to the solo zones un-grouped, moving down the hill and re-grouping. This means they are able to get everywhere too quickly in my opinion, you flame a tower and before you know it you're hit from behind by a group that ported into the solo zone.
Is this working as intended? If it is why make it a solo port to begin with and what's the point of opening ports at keeps?

Comments

• Working as intended
  • I don't see how they would fix this. The group takes the risk by disbanding in order to follow the rules. I suppose the duelers could kill them when they port in but that probably goes against their bro-code. Just be aware that it's going to happen if be ready to leave the tower unfinished.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    I don't see how they would fix this. The group takes the risk by disbanding in order to follow the rules. I suppose the duelers could kill them when they port in but that probably goes against their bro-code. Just be aware that it's going to happen if be ready to leave the tower unfinished.

It may help if they went back to the old system where you had to go to each port and activate the portal obelisks before you could port to them then have them drop as soon as you group. In order to make it fair, they could leave the portal activation buff permanent or on a super long timer so long as you stay solo.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited September 2021 PM
    @Dreamscape

The reason they changed it is that now the solo ports are independent from the state of the frontier. This was done mainly because Herorius used to completely destroy the alb/mid frontiers cutting all ports. So to activate ports, if not playing hib, you basically had to spend 30-45 minutes running to the three solo towns from your relic town. idk about you but that's a huge deterrent to soloing.

So if they change the obelisk ports back to what it was, alb and mid soloers will be back to spending half their playing sessions on boats to activate ports. I don't think that's a win for soloers.

However, nothing prevents soloers from jumping groups that solo port. They will usually be free kills as the port is somewhat random and you can port really far from other members of your group.

@Emery

What's the point of flaming a tower if not to draw action to you? So technically flaming a tower and instantly getting action should be a win, no? Unless your objective is to PvE towers without opposition?
    Post edited by Shoke on
    I don't see how they would fix this.

Perhaps code it, such that if you ported to a solo town, you would be unable to join a group for 5-10 minutes.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I don't see a problem with it. Most of tge time groups are not bothering the soloers, they are looking for a group or a flamed tower
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    I don't see how they would fix this.

Perhaps code it, such that if you ported to a solo town, you would be unable to join a group for 5-10 minutes.

I have doubts they could even do this without causing tons of bugs.
  • @Shoke
    Seems either way one of the playstyles would be inconvenienced so it's probably better just to leave it as is.
  • Watched a player streaming who was rolling w/an IRC PUG. They solo port, regroup and hit the action very quickly. I'm probably in the minority, but the "solo areas" ruin the spirit of the game and enable alot of toxic behavior like the OP.

GL
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority, but the "solo areas" ruin the spirit of the game and enable alot of toxic behavior like the OP.

I agree. Bow towns are a joke.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • It's a fair question to ask, but the (atrocious) design of bow town is not worth defending.
  • I wonder if they can add a buff (60mins maybe) whenever someone groups up and persists when they leave a group that would prevent them from porting to the "solo" areas.
  • Could always just actually solo. Not taint your solo kills with bow town victories. Its as bad as Labby duels. They don't really count
  • and the answer is
    move bow town port to labby :)
    I don't see how they would fix this

Can't port if you were in a group X amount of time ago.

Pretty simple coding. Facepalm.
  • Bow town would probably die if it weren't for the r2's doing supply quests. You all know who you are.

It's true that leet groups will use solo ports it to defend against zergs on 2 realms/back to back fights and really clean up RPS. It's sorta uncanny how they know where to head next, so maybe this is a 2 part issue...
  • it's almost as there could be a system in place that shows hammer/tree/cup when a realm is close to a keep, and eventually there could have flames to show that it is under siege. Would be a great system to implement to let some groups know where to go, but I digress.
  • LffLff
    edited September 2021 PM
    I doubt there would be complaints if IRC wasn't routinely showing up at the same time as the zergs, after having pulled off a fight (active kill spam) in a different realm. Zerg leaders are well aware of flagging towers/keeps, but it frustrates them when their "zerg perfect play" (hide movements and hit fast and coordinated) is undone because someone wants video likes and quick rps. It's all fine and good in the online universe, but it hurts the game. Zerg leaders leave/go elsewhere, guilds leave, and players stop playing. A couple of more excuses that even casual players can tell you are also false "I heard it in region/BG/Discord (yeah which regions)". "Someone usually streams live". "That BG leader always does that (without admitting but not always at 9:35pm on Tuesdays)".

But again to the OP, if you've grouped in the last 10 minutes you should be ineligible to port. Harder to reset to a different realm to beat a zerg to their intended target if you can't get ahead in that way. I see zero down side.
    Post edited by Lff on