Multiple Questions

edited August 2021 in General Board
Just returning to live after being gone for years.
Planning to return on a Vamp (yes I know)

Template I want to build (in 100 years)
https://www.daocutils.com/templates/a8582d3a472e1e7950ec9e323e7e44a7c252e07b

I remember being told a while back, you can buy gear through a merchant in NF using BP's. I also seem to remember each item having a recipe you have to buy with BP's? Does a webpage exist online showing what one would need to buy this gear?

Is the weapon Icicle able to be purchased with BPs? Praying it is because only 1 is being sold in housing for 100p. How on earth are noobies supposed to get templated with prices like this? lol

The Vampiir Cloak of the Loyal Vampiir. I assume this is a quest cloak? I cannot find anywhere only how to go about getting this cloak.

I just need some help because I am lost. I am having fun in the BGs but I am wanting to come play with the big boys.
Post edited by RPGrandPa on

Comments

• edited August 2021 PM
    an add on question. So when we get our champion levels, we no longer get to skill in alt spells and melee attack and such? Like for example, I remember years ago, when you got CL1 you could go to the little lvl 1-5 Seer and spec in a skill for a healer class. this no longer works?
  • EC cannot spec into CL's. Yes you can create some of the best items via bountycraft listed under tradeskills.
  • In case you haven't figured out some of your questions, I'll take a stab:

-Much of the top end gear can be made through the new "Bountycraft" tradeskill. Just look at your trade skills (like Armorcraft and Spellcraft), and you will see in icon for Bountrycraft that you can put on your bar. Anyone can bountycraft. You do not need to level it up.

-To bountycraft, put it on your bar and click on it. It will pull up a list of craftable items.

-Find the item you want to craft and right click to get the ingredients for it. This is where the bounty points come in.

-Each bountycraft item requires a "recipe." All recipes are sold by the Bounty Merchant (one is in NF and one is in Druim Ligen). Each bountycraft also requires either multiple bounty weapon molds or multiple bounty accessory molds. These molds are also sold by the same Bounty Merchant.

-Let's use the Icicle as an example. If you click on the bountycraft skill, then locate the "Frozen Weapons," you will see that an Icicle is a craftable option.

-To make an icicle, you need 5 Stardusts (more about these in a second), 4 Bounty Weapon Molds, 1 Frozen Recipe, 4 Ancient Necrotic Brain Fluids, and 4 Ancient Lich Teeth.

-You can buy Stardusts from a merchant for 2.5 plat each. You can also craft them if you have a crafter with enough skill and it costs a little over a plat per Stardust to craft. The vendor is NF (Hib) that sells Stardusts is Braredith, who is located in one of the open huts in NF.
    -The Bounty Weapon Molds are purchasable from the Bounty Merchant. These are NOT tradable, so buy them on the character that will craft the weapon.
    -The Frozen Recipe is purchasable from the Bounty Merchant. It IS tradable.
    -Collect all of the items and craft away. All bountycraft items are always master pieces.

-The Loyalty cloak is received from the King. I think you may need to be level 50 and CL15 to get it. All you have to do is talk to the King in TNN, and he will award the quest to you if you qualify. I think you have to take 1 tower or keep in NF to finish the quest. Once you are done with the quest and get the cloak, I think you do have to level it, much like an artifact, which remains silly, in my opinion.
  • edited August 2021 PM
    Notawitch wrote: »
    -Much of the top end gear can be made through the new "Bountycraft" tradeskill. Just look at your trade skills (like Armorcraft and Spellcraft), and you will see in icon for Bountrycraft that you can put on your bar. Anyone can bountycraft. You do not need to level it up.
    I did not know that but now I remember. Thank you for that reminder. I only have 200k BPs but I can at least get started.
    Question is, do I have to be LGM to craft this stuff? I'm thinking I do not have to. I wanna verify before attempting

Notawitch wrote: »
    -The Loyalty cloak is received from the King. I think you may need to be level 50 and CL15 to get it. All you have to do is talk to the King in TNN, and he will award the quest to you if you qualify. I think you have to take 1 tower or keep in NF to finish the quest. Once you are done with the quest and get the cloak, I think you do have to level it, much like an artifact, which remains silly, in my opinion.
    I'm ML10 CL10 (back from Mordred. I may go ahead and Mithril shop CL15 and be done with it.

HUGE Help thank you!
  • No, you can craft the Bountycraft items right from the start at 100% qua and no fails!

• What about the Class cloak? Thought I read somewhere once you are CL15, talk to the King and he gives you the cloak and its lvl 1 and you have to level it up. I went to my King after CL15 and all he offers is a weekly respec
  • Neverwind, I was obv bugged, I got the cloak thing to work after relogging.
  • you need credit for taking a tower or keep before you can get the cloak i think.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.