Game is broken

I resubbed to try and support live again and have some fun. It is crazy to me how broken and mangled the game is after all of this time.

- Pet pathing and ai is embarrassingly bad. Pets fall through the floor in dungeons or the mob and pet just peace out to who knows where randomly. Then when you try to bring the pet back theres a million mobs with it. Telling a pet to attack is inconsistent, and if it works it seems like the pet has to think about it for a moment before doing it.

- Mobs that will chase your character forever. Literally. Weird aggro tables where mobs are unpredictable on where they will attack and who.

- Is it true there is still no way to trade between your own characters? No shared gold or trade vault? If so, how is this still a thing?

- low population: the game feels more like a singleplayer mmo.

- Terrible free to play mode: endless conquest is awful. There is no nice way to put it. My wife was thinking about resubbing with me but after experiencing this it turned her off to it. After watching my experiences over the last couple days she decided she didnt want anything to do with the game. Huge full screen nagware screen that only conveys annoyance after every log out and people are unable to try many of the interesting classes.

Charging a monthly sub cost for a product in this state and hoping to compete with any other game (even free versions of this) doesnt make a lot of sense. I have high hopes for the new server but if it shares a lot of the current bugs and inconsistencies of ywain its doomed to fail. I know if I come back for the new server I dont care whatsoever about the current ywain live server so the focus to move toons from the classic to live in hopes of bringing life back to ywain is a poor strategy.

Comments

• I dont think this is a MMO anymore. How many players you need for an MMO? Certainly more.
    This is rather a LPO, a low pop online game.
  • I don’t have any issue with pets in PvE, and I have all the pet classes.

Do you /QBIND all the pet controls (Aggro, Defensive, Passive, Follow, Go Target, etc)?

Being able to quickly command the pet makes a difference. If you are clicking like it’s 10 years ago, YOU are to blame not the game.

For example, If a pet goes into the wall, quickly put it on Passive and Follow, then it will come back out, then Attack/Go Target etc.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Sure, you can recall your pet .... and it still might come back with a dozen mobs attached.

The pet Should Not disappear through the wall. The fact that there are work-arounds doesn't negate the fact that your pet might just walk through a wall at any moment. It might also aggro toons and then go through a wall, so you--a cloth caster--- are being attacked and taking huge damage while you try to get your pet back, and then trying to get get aggro back on the pet.

These things Should Not Happen.

Personally, when I buy a new car, if it breaks down all the time but it easy to fix .... I take it back. If I buy a power tool and it stops working frequently and just needs a simple reset---I take it back. If I am considering buying Anything and the salesman says, "Yeah, it goes completely haywire but it is easy to compensate" I will instead buy something which Actually WORKS.

You are so used to the game screwing up that you have forgotten that it is screwed up.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I don’t have any issue with pets in PvE, and I have all the pet classes.

Do you /QBIND all the pet controls (Aggro, Defensive, Passive, Follow, Go Target, etc)?

Being able to quickly command the pet makes a difference. If you are clicking like it’s 10 years ago, YOU are to blame not the game.

For example, If a pet goes into the wall, quickly put it on Passive and Follow, then it will come back out, then Attack/Go Target etc.

Just so I understand. It is the user's fault for not being quick enough with chewing up qbind buttons as to predict and react to the pet's broken behavior and bugs. That is ridiculous. Show me another paid subscription MMO with pets in it that has this requirement. Apologists will be the only ones left to play and argue with eachother in the long run before this thing finally shuts down.
  • @DaRedANT it's a bit ridiculous to defend broken pet pathing in daoc. I know you don't like it when ppl say the game's broken and sometimes it's unjustified, but pet pathing and aggro is completely broken, knowing how to adjust and what to do when your pet decides that the shortest way to your target is going through walls isn't a justification for BS inability to fix pet pathing.

Guard aggro in the frontiers was broken 2-3 patches ago where they'll chase you accross 3 zones, still no eta on when BS thinks they'll fix it.
  • edited August 2021 PM
    Life is about adapting to situations. Nobody wants to hear your complaints.

I never have issues with pets in PvE, because I’m “nice”.

If you find any bugs, please post them on Trello, so the Devs can fix. Rather than crying like a spoiled little child.

https://trello.com/b/4AHyZxVl/dark-age-of-camelot-bug-tracker
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited August 2021 PM
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Life is about adapting to situations. Nobody wants to hear your complaints.

I never have issues with pets in PvE, because I’m “nice”.

If you find any bugs, please post them on Trello, so the Devs can fix. Rather than crying like a spoiled little child.

https://trello.com/b/4AHyZxVl/dark-age-of-camelot-bug-tracker

Tell me you got let out of a locker too early in life without telling me you got let out of a locker too early in life.
    Post edited by Saracens on
  • It's ok. These broken mechanics have been around for so long now that they've evolved into features. BS definitely playing chess with these advancements in a nearly dead 20 year old game.
  • in the product world we do not call these features. these are requirements for an mvp (minimum viable product) of what a user expects delivered by a company selling this product for a profit. lucky for broadsword we are addicted to the rps and just keep paying & playing with such game breaking bugs (i.e. "you cannot see your target" bug, mob aggro, pet/guard pathing, crashing when swapping weapons, crashing upon porting, crashing upon hovering on item/spell, occasionally losing a mithril rp pot that you pay irl money for, etc).

then we just have the other random bugs that will most likely never be fixed (i.e. cannot die from drowning or falling any more, zephyr thru walls, catapult balls still interrupting, in grp ec buffs on dread guardian are stripped if BD has sub pets, realm timers being 18-20 min instead of 15, etc)
  • The population is so laughable it's probably just not worth the effort to fix. Why go to work for hours to accommodate the same 10 players that are gonna go down with the ship anyway.
  • edited August 2021 PM
    There are no issue with pet pathing. And when there are issues it's your own fault for not reacting fast enough. But there's nothing for you to react to because there are no pathing problems. I certainly haven't experienced any. But I have keybinds that I quickly mash whenever things do go wrong. Which is never because there are no issues. But I'm able to adapt when they do pop up. Which is unnecessary because it never happens.
    Post edited by Drane on
  • Drane wrote: »
    There are no issue with pet pathing. And when there are issues it's your own fault for not reacting fast enough. But there's nothing for you to react to because there are no pathing problems. I certainly haven't experienced any. But I have keybinds that I quickly mash whenever things do go wrong. Which is never because there are no issues. But I'm able to adapt when they do pop up. Which is unnecessary because it never happens.

:D
  • edited August 2021 PM
    Drane wrote: »

This is awesome.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • @daredant I did report it to BS with a link to a clip that showed pet running through walls in poc 2 years ago. Guess what they still do it.
  • You know whats funny... not broken mechanics, but the fact people are back to playing 20 year old games. That alone tells me that new games also suck. So I guess this just makes DAoC the lesser of 2 evils.

Crowfall just went LIVE and it's garbage. New World launches soon and it's actually worse than this game.

DAoC may have some annoying and broken mechanics, but it's still better than 90% of the other garbage MMOs out there.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    @daredant I did report it to BS with a link to a clip that showed pet running through walls in poc 2 years ago. Guess what they still do it.

It was fixed for a long time in zones like POC then they pushed a patch and it got broken again. I reported it as well as soon as it started, but so many patches have happened since then. Your pet disappears into the wall along with the mobs sometimes, or the mobs will lose aggro (after lagging into walls) and then run towards the pet owner.
  • edited August 2021 PM
    I just got back on doing the endless conquest to try it and was thinking I would resub..... Until I played my BD, I like the changes to the lines just not the changes to the Pet pathing/AI. It is FAR worse then it ever was before and I played DAoC from the beginning and played ALL the pet classes. Just incredible how bad its gotten, can't go into dungeons have died repeatedly from pets STUPIDLY and while on PASSIVE just run off agro a bunch of mobs, go through walls and I get killed. The caster pets even the healers just run back and forth half the time and don't heal when I am on deaths door. [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • ive been watching an afk bonedancer farming spind for over a day---jumping, he seems to be doing fine.....
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I don’t have any issue with pets in PvE, and I have all the pet classes.

Dude, blaming others for the games crappy mechanics is pathetic. The fact that you think it should be normal that pets go through walls and that the player should have to do something because of the games crappy AI means you are a total fanboy/fangirl whatever. I just literally today had pets on PASSIVE just take off for no reason in Spindlehalla I started spamming passive and yes EVENTUALLY they came back with a ton of mobs. Take your dev arse kissing and go elsewhere, people know how to play the game and the fact that its worse now then 10 years ago says a lot.
  • 47el wrote: »
    ive been watching an afk bonedancer farming spind for over a day---jumping, he seems to be doing fine.....

Then they are lucky or not using their 40+ commanders