Realm Timer

2»

Comments

• Redant has become super toxic the past few days. Something must really be an issue for him personally :(
  • 47el wrote: »
    it is funny that on one hand peeps want a "classic" old daoc to come back too
    which in those days was one realm per account----

also peeps say the "shards" have all the population--last i heard you couldnt swap realms---couldnt even play two different realms from the same "house"

and it was only 4 toons per account as well
  • edited March 2021 PM
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    Its the same points because of the same issue. If there were more servers to switch realms on different servers, I would not have an issue. But with one server I am being punished with a 15 min time out if I want to change realms.
    You feel like a timer is needed as strongly as i feel it doesn't. Your opinion is no better than mine.

Get a 2nd account. Or wait.
    You forgot 3rd option. Just quit a 20 year old game.

BUT....I have 4 accounts, but its not to point.. And I have changed accounts to log in another realm to RVR.

So nice try. Come back with something original
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • Minibard wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    Its the same points because of the same issue. If there were more servers to switch realms on different servers, I would not have an issue. But with one server I am being punished with a 15 min time out if I want to change realms.
    You feel like a timer is needed as strongly as i feel it doesn't. Your opinion is no better than mine.

Get a 2nd account. Or wait.
    You forgot 3rd option. Just quit a 20 year old game.

BUT....I have 4 accounts, but its not to point.. And I have changed accounts to log in another realm to RVR.

So nice try. Come back with something original

So you have 4 accounts, GREAT, so there’s nothing to complain about. Yet here you are. /ponder
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Why do you like the timer @DaRedANT ?
  • puter wrote: »
    Why do you like the timer @DaRedANT ?

I like it for the reason it was implemented, to prevent realm hopping for RPs. Unfortunately it doesn’t work perfectly, because you can circumvent it, by having multiple accounts.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • What do you mean by realm hopping for RPs? Are you talking about players who bandwagon the biggest zerg or players who swap looking for fights as opposed to roaming the wind?
  • edited March 2021 PM
    So hears a thought that i have seen a few times change the timer to lock nf or all rvr soons for 15 mins that way yiu can log another realm in to the pve side. That way you can do your crafting or set everything thing up for rvr. That way its not a full lockout i mean think of it this an 8man changes realms for action so they now have some time to spare have a cig or get food/bio then come back form up the grp makesure you have all the needed pots respec if needed. By then the time should be omost up if not oready. That way it is not takeing that much of your time and every grp that i have ran with that changed realms takes about 15 mins befor we even move out so the 15 mins wont seem long at all.

So in short lock rvr but not pve so peiple can use that time to get ready
    Post edited by Names on