Melee Ghosting?

Hello everyone, I am coming back to the game and instead of playing only casters this around, I wanted to play solo and 8man with a melee. However, the only reason I only always played casters was because people were always able to do back styles, side styles all while infront of me and I think that was called "ghosting"? I don't agree with it and think its cheating personally BUT...I want to melee and so I am gonna force myself to learn how to do it...Anyone know where I can get some videos on how to do it? Maybe I am not searching for it on YouTube good enough so I cannot find anything like that?

Comments

• Assuming you spent no time in Battleground or PvEing .. That's the negative of 3hr lvl 50
  • Tesc wrote: »
    Assuming you spent no time in Battleground or PvEing .. That's the negative of 3hr lvl 50

That....has nothing to do with what im asking, All my characters are over RR8....but because of zerging, I want to focus on solo and 8mans and thats something I need to know how to do in order to do that
  • you can't land positionals if you stay in the frontal arc of your opponent, so not sure what you are talking about with Ghosting.

You can land positionals when running through people, if that's what you are referring to, or use the opponent character movement when they /stick you to move them around to land positionals.
  • Sounds like run through
  • Shoke wrote: »
    you can't land positionals if you stay in the frontal arc of your opponent, so not sure what you are talking about with Ghosting.

You can land positionals when running through people, if that's what you are referring to, or use the opponent character movement when they /stick you to move them around to land positionals.

You poor, poor baby. You seem very new to DAOC if you don't know about ghosting.

Ghosting used to be a thing, back when I played, where you could side-step & walkthrough someone to get "positionals" off because of how ping affects where the server "thinks" you are before it snaps you around to where you actually are.

I haven't played in over a year so maybe they fixed it, or it's not a skill many people know about anymore? I bet doing checking the character search site for a high RR melee character would yield better results than posting here about it tho OP.
  • Never heard to it referred to as ghosting...
  • Exactly what Wuggles said, I guess its not a thing anymore....im just coming back to the game so i dont know but i remember it being called that and people tried to teach me and thats why i refused to do it....cause its using the server lag to cheat your way to victory...but i guess its something else now...
  • As I said above, it's running through. It still exists.
  • The game is to be SOLD not TOLD.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters