Having a Merchant for OW essences and Alch Ingredients

Why do we have to constantly unstack and /roll on all of these ingredients. It has been brought up as an issue in the past.

Currently I have thousands of other, less useful rare alch ingredients taking up space in my vault. Meanwhile I'll drop 500k BPs in alch ingredients to only have less than 100 of the more important ingredients left over after crafting potions.

Same goes with Otherworldly Clippings... I have thousands of omni regens and potion essences, tenacities, and even close to 1000 Restoration essences (these I can't even use up although I would love to due to the fact that the rare alch ingredients they require also happen to be the same for crafting Supremacy potion...)

Is it not a NO BRAINER to create a merchant where you can outright buy OW essences with the Clippings as a currency, as opposed to /random and getting even more worthless ingredients? And have the same option for rare alch components to outright buy specific ones with BPs...

Throw us a bone here @Broadsword there are some serious QoL issues that you can be handling differently
Tagged:

Comments

• Nah that ruins the price for them in the market. There’s already enough stuff that’s now worthless for various reasons.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Aside from occasional event limited time currency, we're trying to remove multiple currencies not add more.

We can take a look at both alch ingredients/OW essences in future and would definitely be interested in thoughts across the board on it, but atm no planned changes right now.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • It wouldn't be adding another currency though. Simply add a merchant that sells essences of celerity, supremacy, tenacity, restoration, etc, and make those items purchasable with Otherworldy Clippings. This eliminates people having to unstack the clippings and frees up vault space because you don't end up with 100s or thousands of essences that aren't needed.

How is this not a good idea?

As far as rare alch ingredients - same thing- instead of having Box of rare alch components for x1000BPs where you /use for random ingredients, simplify the clutter and let people purchase specific ingredients from the BP merchant with BPs that they need. Really though, keep the Box of Rare Alch Components as a purchasable item, but have the option to buy other ingredients for maybe 300 or 400 BPs (aka like make it more bang for your buck to spend 1k BPs to roll for possibly 3-6 ingredients as it currently is, but allow me to buy single ingredients at slightly increased value if I don't need the other 6 of the 8 possible ingredients).

Again, how is this not a good idea?
  • @DaRedANT the current market for these things varies greatly by realm and I view this as a problem. Specialty potions themselves cost much more on Midgard vs Hibernia for example because of how much harder it is to farm the rare alch ingredients in Spindlehalla vs the Coruscating Mines in Hibernia.

Currently it's not a good system there are ways to improve it
  • Also, I don't see how these suggestions would change and prices by that much at all, other than make them slightly more affordable. Still in order to make the specialty potions you will need to gather Otherworldly Clippings the same way people are doing it now, by picking them up one by one. This should not change at all.

I'm not asking to make things more available but rather make it more efficient. Less clutter. Less mindless clicking...

The Merchant that would sell essences should have the cost of the sup/cel/resto/ etc should be scaled to their current % to drop rate. Obviously sup essences would cost the most clippings (x10 clippings?) celerity would cost maybe 6-7? Something like this.
  • edited February 2021 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    @DaRedANT the current market for these things varies greatly by realm and I view this as a problem. Specialty potions themselves cost much more on Midgard vs Hibernia for example because of how much harder it is to farm the rare alch ingredients in Spindlehalla vs the Coruscating Mines in Hibernia.

Currently it's not a good system there are ways to improve it

You can also farm alc drops in Raumarik and Malmo.

I feel like the issue with Spin vs CM (or Barrows in Alb), is that it’s camped more.

But the fact that you can already buy alc ingredients with bps, is enough imo.

Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited February 2021 PM
    Aside from occasional event limited time currency, we're trying to remove multiple currencies not add more.

We can take a look at both alch ingredients/OW essences in future and would definitely be interested in thoughts across the board on it, but atm no planned changes right now.

Should just remove ALL drop currencies and replace them with one universal currency and allow people to buy more rare crafting components with the universal currency... you could perhaps make it realm thematic?

Midgard - Frozen Tear
    Hib - Glowing Spear Fragment
    Alb - Fiery Armour Fragment

Just an example. You could make it start dropping at the same level Emerald Seals started to drop onwards to let people get a feel for it.
    Post edited by BloodOmen on
  • Y'all are missing the point... current system is messy and not efficient and leads to excess items that are not needed. We DO NOT need another new currency, or to change any currency currently in the game. Just make it more streamline
  • This may be a big task for them considering how it's been going now for a few years. I agree that it should be something they work on though.
  • But making the it so you can buy stuff with the clippings is turning it into a new currency think i better approach woukd just make it so you can open stacks at a time (tho i dont new the problems that might come with that might even be why you cant do that now.
  • Oh and what mobs in thoses zone drop them?