We need a Realm Timer Command to state how much longer one needs to wait before changing realms

As we all have to deal with the current 'realm timer' issue when needing to change realms, would it be possible for the Dev Team to make a command, something similar to the following (/RTCD) to allow for user's to see their current realm timer cool down amount? This would help us all know when we have the ability to log to another realm.
Tagged:

Comments

• Or have it tell you when you fail to log in.
    You still have an active timer 04:32
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Or better yet, have it do both. Have a timer stated in game for people that want to know how much longer they have before they can to log off. Then have it stated like mentioned above, where it's listed on an unsuccessful logon attempt.
  • it is almost as if this implementation was not fully baked as a feature
  • This was requested. Supposedly not feasible. Idk.
  • edited December 2020 PM
    @Carol_Broadsword Is this feasible or no? I find it hard to believe you can have a value present 'somewhere' in your code to know NOT to let us logon on a different realm, yet that value can't be 'displayed' upon request. If that's the case, place a "cd/buff" on us with a CD on it. This way if we delve it or hover over it it will display the time remaining before one can log. Each time we get realm points (whether /rp off or not) this "cd/buff icon" resets to 15 minutes and begins its countdown. Something this simple shouldn't be beyond reach IMO.
    Post edited by Valtar on
  • I would love to have a /timer command implemented that displayed the realm timer count down for both Veteran and EC accounts. Also, if the realm timer is to persist, BS should consider only locking players out of NF (including Battlegrounds, Labyrinth, Darkness Falls, Passage of Conflict, and Celestius) as opposed to the current hard lock out of another realm. That way players can at least access their houses, craft, and/or PvE during the down time. Personally, I'd rather the timer be removed altogether.
  • Population is so bad, really should just remove the timers completely.
  • Just make it last 24 hours. Resets at midnight.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I'll inquire about this, ty :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Thats not a bad idea